Old Sets Found in Stores?

Xabla

Have you ever found any old Bionicle (Or Lego in general!) years after they were gone? My TRU still sells some Stars, Glatorian in 2012, and Barraki in 2011. Also, I once found some Barraki in a K-mart in 2011.

My stores also sell 2010 HF sets to this day. Oh, and Harry Potter sets.

Edited by moamahrimatoro
  • Upvote 2

cringe

Have you ever found any old Bionicle (Or Lego in general!) years after they were gone? My TRU still sells some Stars, Glatorian in 2012, and Barraki in 2011. Also, I once found some Barraki in a K-mart in 2011.

My stores also sell 2010 HF sets to this day. Oh, and Harry Potter sets.

That's pretty cool for sure.

Once in 2005, I found a store in a small town (don't remember where) that had like every Bionicle from 2001 till present still fully stocked. It was awesome.

Also my local Shopper's Drug Mart used to carry old Slizers, Technic and Orient Expedition for as long as I can remember. Probably till they renovated. Barely sell toys anymore, which is disappointing. The toy section used to be killer.

-NotS

• Upvote 2

tahubanner.jpg

I remember KB-Toys used to have a selection of Slizer / Throwbot sets well into the 2000s... I want to say 03 or 04. I picked up a second Turbo from them many years after the theme had gone away and been replaced by Bionicle. In fact, KB-Toys often had a lot of older Lego sets... probably because they weren't selling well, which is why they went bankrupt in 2009 and no longer exist.

Otherwise, the stores I frequent do a pretty good job of keeping their selection up to date and rarely have older sets around.

:music:

I don't remember any lego sets off hand, but I did see a 10yo Transformers figure once in KB toys when it was in our local mall.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Well it wasn't a G1 so I doubt if it would be worth more than retail by now... Unless it was a really rare release...

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I haven't really found anything amazing, but if anything, it would be at a pharmacy or something. I found XT4 in a Toyworld this year, though. Not Bionicle, but it's... related.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

I only get BIONICLES from thrift stores or online, but on the Sears website (if I remember right) I saw Krekka for a little more than 200$. (don't know if that counts though)

Kopaka.png

stone_good.png

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I remember KB-Toys used to have a selection of Slizer / Throwbot sets well into the 2000s... I want to say 03 or 04. I picked up a second Turbo from them many years after the theme had gone away and been replaced by Bionicle. In fact, KB-Toys often had a lot of older Lego sets... probably because they weren't selling well, which is why they went bankrupt in 2009 and no longer exist.

Otherwise, the stores I frequent do a pretty good job of keeping their selection up to date and rarely have older sets around.

This is the reason I miss KB-Toys! I used to go in there and in late 2008, they had columns and columns of Barakki and Piraka and no '08 sets at all. I also received some of my first Bionicle sets as gifts, purchased from that store: Tahu Nuva and Pohatu Nuva in early 2005. And I remember getting lots of '05 Star Wars figures from there in early '09 before it closed.

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Aw dang, I was on the lookout for Throwbots for years and never had any luck. I did, however find a Nuhvok Va (and the hot air balloon set from the 2003 Adventurers line) at a KB Toys in August of 2005 :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

Sometime last year a local drug store still had Gorast and may even still have. Been tempted to buy it but it does carry an inflated price then the original. 

-Onvermel-

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

Went to the Mall yesterday and while I think I remember hearing it closed I never really paid much attention I guess... We don't have a K.B. toys anymore...

Onua.png

Sometime last year a local drug store still had Gorast and may even still have. Been tempted to buy it but it does carry an inflated price then the original. 

-Onvermel-

That reminds me...I got Gahlok Kal in CVS Pharmacy in September '05. And I'm pretty sure I've gotten similar deals in Walgreen's in the past, but unfortunately, those stores don't seem to have legos anymore :(

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

If I ever stop at a generic drugstore or pharmacy, they tend to have old sets going back about 5 years max

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

On one of my holidays in Spain I somewhere found a (sealed? It was definitely a closed box at least) Gahlok Va.

Pre-forums purge sig kept for historical purposes:

Some cool Bionicles are the combiners. Example: Toa Jovan

I've built a Krahka with 5 Toa Metru & Toa Norik, adding parts I needed to Norik. It needs 11 blue pieces (the ones that have +&O ends) but there's only 10 in all the Toa Metru sets. Do I have to attach her launcher to her arm? Please PM me if you can help me.

http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=309724

Back in 2010, I stumbled across a store that was selling Tahu Mata, Gali Mata, Whenua Hordika, Visorak Boggarak, Exploriens, UFO, Knights Kingdom 2, etc.! :D :D I purchased Tahu, Gali, and a UFO set. :)

What was the name of the store?

cringe

Back in 2003 I found Nui-Rama at K-B-Toys than in 2005 I found Takanuva at my local Walmart sadly I didn't him and the Big Castle Set for Knights' Kingdom II at my Toy R Us than in 2011 when they moved to the new location I found the Stars Piraka and the three Hero Factory Sets (All Villains),than the fellow year I found Stars Takanuva this time I got him, &  this year I found Fire Lord also at My Local Walmart.

Edited by Spiderus Prime

I always have this dream that I'm in a store with every single Bionicle set that was ever sold.

This sounds...like a dream I have? :o

I've had those dreams! Except most of the time it's not every set ever, just every set from one or two lines. Just a few weeks ago I found all the Visorak and Hordika in a Lowes.

...Yes, you read that correctly, a Lowes. Don't ask me why.

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

I always have this dream that I'm in a store with every single Bionicle set that was ever sold.

I've had those dreams! Except most of the time it's not every set ever, just every set from one or two lines. Just a few weeks ago I found all the Visorak and Hordika in a Lowes.

Did you get anything?

cringe

Did you get anything?

No, the dream consisted (as I recall; dreams are tough to remember entirely) of me being amazed that they still had the sets.

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg