Just Run - Rorzakh Revamp

joev14

"Thoughts can be dangerous."

— Narrator, Vahki Online Animations

Surrender is no longer an option.

So, after my apparent failed attempt at recreating Gahdok, I am skipping over 2003 to a MOC that I greatly hope you will all enjoy. If you're wondering why I skipped 2003, it's mainly because the Bohrok weren't ever really of any interest to me in terms of revamp material, and the Rahkshi have already been done a thousand times. I may at some time revamp some of the titans from that year, but for now, I'm skipping over them.

This Revamp, unlike most of my from-scratch creations, isn't entirely my own design. I took some of the build (parts of the head and toro) from this MOC here. However, a good portion of the design is my own. But enough talk, you wanna see pictures now, don't you? :P

Please upvote and comment!

img_0899edit.jpg

Front

img_0904edit.jpg

Back

img_0909edit.jpg

Chase Mode

img_0913edit.jpg

New and Old Comparison

img_0912edit.jpg

New and Old Comparison (Chase Mode)

img_0900edit.jpg

Target Spotted!

img_0916edit.jpg

Build

This won't be the last 2004 Revamp, so stay tuned for more! Once again, please upvote and comment!

Edited by joev14
  • Upvote 15

It definitely nails the mechanical aspect. You've mimicked the original appearance of the Vahki very well, and I'd be interested in seeing all six of them revamped (perhaps each with certain defining features to set them apart from the others). I feel like the red pins are distracting, however; black pins would blend in better and would help the color scheme to be more cohesive and streamlined. 

To be honest, it looks like you lifted this almost completely wholesale from Kingmarshy (who you should properly credit, by the way: link). The only changes I can make out in terms of the parts used are the different weapons with the Toa foot attached, different upper legs, and different shin armor. That's extremely little given you're entering this in the contest as a MOC of yours. It barely counts as a separate MOC, as you almost completely copied Kingmarshy's Vahki only with different colors.

~B~

Edited by Ballom
  • Upvote 2

To be honest, it looks like you lifted this almost completely wholesale from Kingmarshy (who you should properly credit, by the way: link). The only changes I can make out in terms of the parts used are the different weapons with the Toa foot attached, different upper legs, and different shin armor. That's extremely little given you're entering this in the contest as a MOC of yours. It barely counts as a separate MOC, as you almost completely copied Kingmarshy's Vahki only with different colors.

~B~

Oh, this isn't a contest entry. And I made massive changes to every part of the build.

~B~

Oh, this isn't a contest entry. And I made massive changes to every part of the build.

I'm not seeing massive changes. In fact, as I said, I'm barely seeing any changes, and the ones I can find only occur in a few places. I don't see posting this as your own creation as entirely fair.

~B~

Absolutely awesome. I love all of the little details that add immensely to the mechanical feel. It's interesting that most of it is obscured from the front but you can really see all the mechanical aesthetics like pipes, gears and pins from the back. You can see some of that through the more exposed parts of the armour on the front and it enhances that aspect greatly. Love the weapons and torso a lot. Some really innovative stuff.

I kind of get what you were going for with the red but IMO, it's kind of distracting. Green and red are inverse colours, so using red as sparingly as you did draws attention to details I am not sure you wanted attention drawn to, like the knees or elbows. It works effectively for the eyes and head but definitely not the legs, where it starts to look messy.

Now I'd like to talk about my favourite part of the moc - the head. You could have easily chosen to use the Vahki eyestalk but instead you recreated the whole thing with amazing attention to detail. That is masterful mocing right there - it captures the look of the Vahki headpiece but at the same time it is its own separate, ingenious design that I cannot help but be impressed by.

Fantastic moc.

EDIT: I didn't notice until a reread through the post that the design was not originally yours, so I have to say the major compliments I gave about the Vahki redesign belong to the original builder. 

However, yes, taking the awesome Bordakh redesign (though aspects of it, like the red worked better there) and using it for Rorzakh is still cool because it was an impressive design to begin with. There is still a good sense of colour distribution and the armour changes fit well with the Vahki type so I will still give credit were its due!

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Oh... I am likely this(Black) MOC and while I can see homage to the posted MOC in your opening post I can also see changes to said MOC.

~B~

I gotta agree with Ballom, the only changes I'm seeing are the staves and the color scheme.

If I may without risking argument... The opening post states that this MOC "is not" entirely his... Unlike his other work. He posts a link to the picture in question where he took inspiration while also changing aspects of the MOC... Alow me to list some I have noticed not including color... Keeping in mind Joev12 admitted to using the head and torso from the inspired MOC.

1. Staves are different, as weapon though, one could say the same about replacing Onua's claws with Gali's hooks and call it a different MOC, so this is first...
  2. Shin armor is changed as well as construction of the feet/legs themselves.
    1. If you look closely you can see in the original MOC, the legs have slightly different builds. While basic connections are the same, such as the part used to connect the thigh to the knee/shin, once should not cry theft as it is a common piece used for limbs. in Joev14's rendition he has added extra armor that covers this connection. Like taking the Gen2 bone piece and not adding an armor shell to someone who does. If I build a unarmored MOC and somebody builds another with armor am I going to yell theft? Nope because it is a generic build...
  3. The Arms have similar shapes however there are part differences. While the Original MOC uses an axel with a stopper and a normal axel requiring use of two additional holding pieces. Joev12's uses two axel's with stoppers requiring no extra part to cover the extra axel hanging out.

This may not seem like much, however seeing as how it is a smaller MOC, and Joev12 admitting to using the Head and torso from the inspired MOC, all he could change was the limbs. He has done just that... Now because of the similar build at quick glance the two do look identical but that is partly the point... Yes he took part of the build from another MOC, but has credited it as such and did not claim this to be his sole work...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Oh... I am likely this(Black) MOC and while I can see homage to the posted MOC in your opening post I can also see changes to said MOC.

~B~

I gotta agree with Ballom, the only changes I'm seeing are the staves and the color scheme.

If I may without risking argument... The opening post states that this MOC "is not" entirely his... Unlike his other work. He posts a link to the picture in question where he took inspiration while also changing aspects of the MOC... Alow me to list some I have noticed not including color... Keeping in mind Joev12 admitted to using the head and torso from the inspired MOC.

1. Staves are different, as weapon though, one could say the same about replacing Onua's claws with Gali's hooks and call it a different MOC, so this is first...
  2. Shin armor is changed as well as construction of the feet/legs themselves.
    1. If you look closely you can see in the original MOC, the legs have slightly different builds. While basic connections are the same, such as the part used to connect the thigh to the knee/shin, once should not cry theft as it is a common piece used for limbs. in Joev14's rendition he has added extra armor that covers this connection. Like taking the Gen2 bone piece and not adding an armor shell to someone who does. If I build a unarmored MOC and somebody builds another with armor am I going to yell theft? Nope because it is a generic build...
  3. The Arms have similar shapes however there are part differences. While the Original MOC uses an axel with a stopper and a normal axel requiring use of two additional holding pieces. Joev12's uses two axel's with stoppers requiring no extra part to cover the extra axel hanging out.

This may not seem like much, however seeing as how it is a smaller MOC, and Joev12 admitting to using the Head and torso from the inspired MOC, all he could change was the limbs. He has done just that... Now because of the similar build at quick glance the two do look identical but that is partly the point... Yes he took part of the build from another MOC, but has credited it as such and did not claim this to be his sole work...

Fair enough I suppose. Upon closer inspection I also noticed these changes. Thanks for clarifying that. On another note, I really like the build, though it would help to slightly change the eye color to make them more distinguishable. I do like the bulkier look, and would definitely be interested to see more of his revamps.

bBhcfWO.png

Now this is really awesome. I already do enjoy the vahki's look but this in a totally new lever and really makes it feel like a robot. 

-Onvermel-

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp