What Stories Would You Want in Graphic Novel 10?

I recently asked Greg: 

If you can recall, graphic novel company Papercutz reprinted the old BIONICLE comics. They published nine collections, but planned a 10th titled Power of the Great Beings. It was supposed to contain new stories taking place after Teridax's death, but was cancelled about a third of the way through its production.

Can you recall what the general storylines would be? Or did you salvage the stories for use in the serials?

To which he responded:

I don't recall if I even got as far as writing anything for that. Papercutz had some interest in continuing to do BIONICLE after the toy line was cancelled, but that never happened.  

So that got me thinking: what stories would you have liked to see in this 10th graphic novel that never was? Would you want more stories about more recent characters like Ackar or Gresh? Or would you rather see stories about older characters like Vakama and Gali?

I believe 10 was just supposed to depict Mata Nui's journey through The Valley of the Maze. 

If I recall correctly, there would have been an 11th volume following it that contained the content you described. So no, nothing would have been done as it was cancelled before anyone got to write anything for it.

I would have loved to see stories about a whole range of characters - there would have been room for two 30-page comics and that's a lot of room to tell a decent amount of story.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

I believe 10 was just supposed to depict Mata Nui's journey through The Valley of the Maze. 

If I recall correctly, there would have been an 11th volume following it that contained the content you described.

Oh, shoot.

I think you're right. Dannng.

Well, the question still stands. Just change that '10' to an '11' in your mind.

• Upvote 1

GN 10...i remember when this was gonna be a thing, hello memories XD

what i would have liked was seeing more of the blending between the two worlds...see how the MU inhabitants react to essentially losing their universe, and now having to share a planet with a vastly different society...that's what i wanted to see.

but it was supposed to be mata nui's journey...which i would have happily given a kidney to see nonetheless XD

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

GN 10...i remember when this was gonna be a thing, hello memories XD

what i would have liked was seeing more of the blending between the two worlds...see how the MU inhabitants react to essentially losing their universe, and now having to share a planet with a vastly different society...that's what i wanted to see.

but it was supposed to be mata nui's journey...which i would have happily given a kidney to see nonetheless XD

Ohhh... I would love to see that. I can imagine a New Vulcanus with Vakama and Raanu leading, or whatever eventually happens in New Atero. 

I would also love to see the events of the Valley of the Maze and the near ending of Reign of Shadows in one graphic novel. Or just a graphic novel of Reign of Shadows.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

I would've liked to have seen how the Toa, Matoran, Glatorian, Agori, and other species learned to live together, if they ever did. That probably would've led to some interesting stories. Another thing would be what happened to The Dark Hunters, Skrall, Barracki, and other villains still alive at the time. Especially the Dark Hunter/Skrall team up I remember reading about. That, too, would've been interesting to see play out. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

GB Civil War. And end the serials.

Would have been cool to show, but I don't know if they could have effectively introduced and wrapped up those topics in a single graphic novel.

-NotS

A man can dream, a man can dream...

Honestly, they should just release a 30chapter series of comics to wrap everything up. I'd buy those in a blink of an eye.

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Did Greg ever smally start writing/illistrating this? If so, any pictures?

They designed a cover. Not sure where it originated from:

GN-10-Power-of-the-Great-Beings-1-.jpg

Too bad it was cancelled. Zanier's other Bionicle artwork blew me away. Imagine a whole graphic novel by him!  :lovesign:

Greg told me he didn't think he got around to writing anything for the graphic novel; if he did, it would be very rough drafts. The book never went too far into production.

Did Greg ever smally start writing/illistrating this? If so, any pictures?

They designed a cover. Not sure where it originated from:

GN-10-Power-of-the-Great-Beings-1-.jpg

Too bad it was cancelled. Zanier's other Bionicle artwork blew me away. Imagine a whole graphic novel by him!  :lovesign:

Greg told me he didn't think he got around to writing anything for the graphic novel; if he did, it would be very rough drafts. The book never went too far into production.

I believe the pic is true: I've seen it before. But is their a source?

cringe

I would have been happy with comic depictions of stories with no visual media, like the serials, and the overall continuation of the story.

Seeing what it was like for Mata Nui to travel to the Great Maze and his struggles he had to overcome (redemption through fire) would have been really great to see. I even went out to buy as many Papercuts GN as I could (three) just to try and save a story I grew up with and did not want to see end just yet. (these GNs were actually the first ones I ever got. :P  Another way Bionicle impacted my life, hahaha!)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light