Mastering Water

Taka Nuvia

gali_masterofwater_col_m.jpg

click thumbnail to view full drawing or follow this link

Lineart:

gali_masterofwater_ink_s.jpg

click thumbnail to view full drawing

Gali again! This time an ink pen sketch. This was done directly in pen. No pre-sketching with a pencil, thus some wonkiness here and there. I'm quite satisfied with the outcome, even though the face is a bit misaligned here and there. ^^"

E: Updated with a coloured version. Media: coloured pencils.

Edited by Schroedinger's Visorak
  • Upvote 8

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Looks very fierce, I like it. And I too would like to see a color version sometime. 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I get irritated when using  a pen, I like to fix my mistakes. But despite this nagging that probably irked you like crazy, you still managed to make a good drawing! Good for you!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I agree with Laredios; drawing with a pen can be quite a pain if you're not careful; looks like you pulled things off pretty nicely though, Taka; Another vote for color! :D

--Akaku: Master of Flight

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

I agree with Laredios; drawing with a pen can be quite a pain if you're not careful; looks like you pulled things off pretty nicely though, Taka; Another vote for color! :D

I am sorry if this is off-topic, but that is an "I"! :lol: Not an "L"!

Y'know, now I too want to see it in color. Power to the people(!), I guess.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Hm, that's not too bad. I'd like to see a colored version.

Looks very fierce, I like it. And I too would like to see a color version sometime. 

Just put up a coloured version ^^

I get irritated when using  a pen, I like to fix my mistakes. But despite this nagging that probably irked you like crazy, you still managed to make a good drawing! Good for you!

See, and I like doing pen-only drawings from time to time because there's no option to fix my mistakes and I have to place my lines as carefully as possible/use few guidelines - it's essentially a visualisation-hand-eye coordination. ^^

But thanks! ^^

As said,  I like doing it occasionally. And the coloured version just went up, so... :)

Your drawing looks hand colored, and it turned out very well. I don't know the last time I colored something by hand, I usually do it via my laptop, makes it more crisp and I can fix any mistakes I make (there's the common denominator!).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Your drawing looks hand colored, and it turned out very well. I don't know the last time I colored something by hand, I usually do it via my laptop, makes it more crisp and I can fix any mistakes I make (there's the common denominator!).

I prefer soft, gradient-based colouring, whih I just find a lot easier to achieve with traditional media/coloured pencils in particular. Though that might be related to the fact that I use them all the time, and have less practise with digital media if you directly compare both. ^_^

Wow! So dynamic, so much power in the position!

And the pen makes color deeper, tridimensional (in the colored version of course).

The design of the armor is very interesting. She looks so fierce! :)

Thanks! =D Not sure how the pen actually influence the colour, but okay. Glad you like the armour design, too! =D

E: fixed a few typos

Edited by Schroedinger's Visorak

Very nice! One of the more creative interpretations I'd seen of the 2015 Toa!

While this maintains a lot of the features of the original set, I have to wonder why you left the spikes/fins off of the lower legs. They're one of the more distinctive parts of the set and I'd imagine they could be incorporated fairly easily, even in this less mechanical style.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Very cool. I love her strong, dynamic pose and the energy the moving water adds to the drawing. The colors are great too. The only thing that bothers me is that her mask lacks detail (the visor outline is indistinguishable), but it still looks fantastic.

And all in ink pen! I doubt I'd ever be able to produce a drawing this awesome without first doing it in pencil. I lack the confidence or deliberate manner to throw down expressive lines without having to go back and erase my mistakes again and again. That's part of what held me back from moving forward in my industrial design classes. :(

• Upvote 1