Mask of Skull Spiders?

Okay, so, from what has been presented to us so far, the Lord of Skull Spiders seems to control the horde using the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders. My question about it, aside from the obvious question of how on earth it even uses the mask without wearing it, is this: Why was the mask even made?

Seriously, why would either Ekimu or Makuta make it? Were the Skull Spiders just being too pesky, and they thought the best way to take care of it was mind control?

On another note, HOW did they make it? From what we know about them, they were only able to make elemental masks, and combining the elements was strictly forbidden. Are Skull Spiders an element now?

Seriously, this is bugging me more than it probably should. Give me your take on it in the comments section below.

• Upvote 1

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

Okay, so, from what has been presented to us so far, the Lord of Skull Spiders seems to control the horde using the Golden Mask of Skull Spiders. My question about it, aside from the obvious question of how on earth it even uses the mask without wearing it, is this: Why was the mask even made?

Seriously, why would either Ekimu or Makuta make it? Were the Skull Spiders just being too pesky, and they thought the best way to take care of it was mind control?

On another note, HOW did they make it? From what we know about them, they were only able to make elemental masks, and combining the elements was strictly forbidden. Are Skull Spiders an element now?

Seriously, this is bugging me more than it probably should. Give me your take on it in the comments section below.

I think there are three plausible theories:

1. Makuta made the Mask of Skull Spiders AFTER turning evil. We've seen things suggesting that Makuta is rising or has risen again and he may well have been able to forge a mask that could basically create his own army.
  2. The Mask of Skull Spiders IS Makuta's Mask of Control, or perhaps an offshoot or fragment of it. We still have no idea what the Mask of Control actually does, but the Mask of Skull Spiders does "control" them, so it's as good a candidate as any.
  3. The Mask of Skull Spiders wasn't forged at all, but came about by other means. Perhaps it's some sort of genetic mutation of a regular skull spider that lost its mobility but gained the ability to grant control of the entire horde. Or perhaps it was made by the Lord of Skull Spiders, like an oyster's pearl or something.
  • Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

- Perhaps the Lord of Skull Spiders can use mask powers by simply being in contact with masks?

- The mask might have been created to keep the Skull Spiders under control, they may have been a threat/nuisance to the people of Okoto in the past.

- Masks can be made with powers other than elements - Makuta wore the mask of control, that's not an element is it? (Also until we get confirmation, neither is Creation in this continuity)

Edited by Kumata
  • Upvote 1

- Masks can be made with powers other than elements - Makuta wore the mask of control, that's not an element is it? (Also until we get confirmation, neither is Creation in this continuity)

Well, true, but it is directly stated that the power of Control was created by fusing all the other elements.  The point being that masks, as far as we currently know, are created out of elemental forces, and the MoSS is an anomaly in that respect.

idk man

Well, true, but it is directly stated that the power of Control was created by fusing all the other elements.
Are you sure you're not thinking of the Mask of Ultimate Power? As far as I know that was the only one mentioned to contain multiple elements, while the Mask of Control is mentioned only as the one Makuta wore, without referencing its creation.

~B~

• Upvote 1

My theory is that it is actually a mask of reanimation, and that LOSS used it to bring the skulls of a thousand generations of okotians to life to serve as his minions. When he and his spiders failed to stop the toa, he then uses it to revive past heros to stop the toa.

• Upvote 1

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

Well, true, but it is directly stated that the power of Control was created by fusing all the other elements.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Mask of Ultimate Power? As far as I know that was the only one mentioned to contain multiple elements, while the Mask of Control is mentioned only as the one Makuta wore, without referencing its creation.

Yeah, although it was referred to as a "special mask" in the intro video, that doesn't imply that it violated the sacred law of One Element Only

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

The mask is the torn-off face of The Fallen from the Transformers film series which got catapulted through dimensions when its owner (a multiversal singularity) got killed and wound up on Okoto where the LoSS uses its cybertronian powers to influence the mechanical portions of the Skull Spiders as well as anyone with a Skull Spider on his face

My theory is that masks can represent things other than elements and therefore gain powers like Creation and Control, but these masks are legendary masks even above the elemental masks, tapping into an unknown force that can give unique and only Ekimu and Makuta know how to make them. The Mask of Skull Spiders was created specifically by Makuta so that he could take control over the horde in case the LoSS ever betrayed him, but Ekimu hit him really hard and he lost all three of his special masks (Control, Skull Spiders, and Ultimate Power).

• Upvote 1

aouROFb.png

~B~

Oh, woops.

idk man

I don't think the mask controls as much as it is used to communicate with the Skull Spiders. In other words, whoever owns the mask will be able to tell the horde what to do, but not make them do anything against their will.

There certainly is the possibility for that just going off of what's on the LoSS character page, regardless I wouldn't be surprised if one could still use it to control them against their will just that it would require force of will & thus the Mask would technically facilitate the control even if it only provides the avenue for telepathic communication :3

I'm not making bets on this Mask at this point ;)

• Upvote 1

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

What are the powers of the masks in question? I mean are we going just off what Gen1 had or is there some documentary on them for this Gen? I mean none of the Toa's masks grant additional abilities, Tahu's isn't shielding, Kopaka's isn't Vision, Pohatu's isn't speed, etc and so forth... Even though they show homage to their original Gen1 masks, they are simply elemental in their enhancements. Could a Toa or Villager use/wear a mask of a different element? What would happen if they did? If you look on the Bionicle Wiki, it says that the Toa's Golden Masks were forged by Ekimu.  So he made their golden version prior to being comatose. Also it states on the Mask of Creation page it was made from Raw Magic(Element?) and Solid Gold(Element?). Also that the mask holds unspeakable power. Yet it also says nothing on the powers of Control or Ultimate Power.

I don't think, while possible, Ekimu or Makuta made their original masks themselves. So it's possible neither made the Mask of Skull Spiders. Weird how right now we have no real lore on what any of these masks are other then looking cool or being linked to a specific element...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I think we'll get more info on the origins of the masks this summer, once the Mask Maker arrives on the scene; presumably at least some of the masks' secrets will be revealed in the forge in the ancient city.  In the meantime, I don't think the toa or protectors necessarily know who's behind the skull spiders or even whether the mask of skull spiders exists-- but I'll bet the answers to those questions are lurking in the ancient city, guarded by a team of skull folks, and possibly an important part of the knowledge necessary to defeat them.

• Upvote 2

8NHf8fu.png

Everything is some kind of a plot, man.

I could think of some beneficial reasons for that mask to exist. Maybe the skull spiders aren't natural and were created along with the mask for it to control. Maybe the mask was originally used to control a bunch of drones to help with tasks. Or maybe it was created to help control a pest problem on Okoto.

• Upvote 1

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

I imagine that the Mask of Skull Spiders, or the Lost City itself (or whatever it's called) has powers much like the Ignika did. It assigns itself guardians, the first being LOSS in this case, with the next few being the Skull gang.

Also as a species you generally listen to the biggest of your kind, or the one that has the most valuable posession, so since LOSS falls under both categories then it isn't hard to assume that the Skull Spiders themselves are just doing what is natural

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!