Do you like the Lord of Skull Spiders?

fishers64

LoSS set poll  

74 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Absolutely love it! Looks wicked cool, plus the build is complex and really fun. That's what matters the most. Action feature is alright but nothing too great in action but building it does provide some "Ooooh, LEGO you clever" moments so that's a big positive. And while the poseability is bad... whatever. Better than 2001 in that regard anyway, and still has a feature! And for that price? 

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

I think he looks great, I love his color scheme and he looks really menacing. Also the build is awesome, easily the best build out of any of the winter wave sets. Almost entirely technic and very reminescent of the early Rahi sets. That's all that really matters to me, the build and it looking good in the end.  I get why people don't like him, but I don't really care for posability and the printed chest piece as a head doesn't really bother me. 

Edited by hiddenderek
  • Upvote 1

One of the better builds in the new wave, however once completed is lacking in the articulation department. However the singular massive function harks back to the days of the '01 rahi which is especially nice. Also it's color scheme and design is solid and attractive (if you can get over printed on parts, hngghhhhh). The clamping/squeezing/crushing function while limited is so satisfying that i have this particular set almost always by my side as it gives me something to do with my hands while i think. It also makes for an excellent scalp scratcher/massager.

• Upvote 2

slide1.jpg

YOU CAN GET PAST A DOG...

- Dante

If enough people vote on this I'm totally using it on BS01 as the community reception section ANYWAY

Regular "yes". I don't love love him, but the function is more fun to play around with than I thought, and the face is less dumb than expected as well.

I voted yes. Even though I do understand the complaints that people have for him (restriction of leg movement, lack of armor of his legs, etc.), I still think he is a cool set. I had a lot of fun building him and I think his gear function is really neat as well. It kind of reminds me of some of the Rahi sets from 2001, which is very cool IMO.

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Thus far I agree with NotS, hiddenderek, ToaMax, The Master Sword, Rooster Nui

(&) Fordianl, I'm shallow so that's one of my favourite things about the set; great pieces per dollar, even/especially in Australia :3

Honestly he could have been $30 Australian, & I still would have loved him; fun build, great function, reminiscent of early Rahi, & whilst the minimal CCBS is irksome to some I don't actually see that as an issue - the pieces are all compatible.

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I voted "Strong yes" as well. Being by first purchase of 2015 I am very pleased with what I have. Yeah there are a lot of Technic pieces over CCBS, but what can you expect of a multi-legged Rahi character? Still it fits nonetheless with Gen2 and that is good for me... 

• Upvote 2

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I can't say I hate him can't say I love him, he doesn't have much articulation and he lacks the charm of older techic based sets, he's almost entirely made of gear and pins which can be fun for building but can make him look odd... Although I really do like how he really resembles a spider (despite only having sex legs) but I think he looks a little too like a spider, all and all a very interesting set but I really wish they'd done some things different with it (I don't know what gender it is). 

It's time to move on.

He had way more technic parts than I thought, and I was pleasantly surprised. Its function is interesting, if not practical, but is still really cool. Posing is meh, but overall just looking at the set its better than I though it would be. 

Edited by MrSciFiGuy
  • Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I strongly like the face decal, although something actually built to some extent would have been even better... and even more eyes but I'm probably crazy there. :P (And there's potential for fan versions, of course.)

I like the basic shape and size.

I don't like the back of the body. Awkward instead of cool. Not worse than some similar awkwardness in the 2001 Rahi, though, so there's that.

Voted Like.

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I like the Lord of Skull Spiders. He looks cool and menacing, and has a lot of features that are similar to a real-life spider. Even though that he is a size of a median-sized Toa set and has six legs instead of eight, he does have an awesome gripping function in his legs. So, I voted strongly yes.:)

Edited by Lenny7092
  • Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Neutral. It's a good set, to be sure. cool function, good overall design, etc. But by default it will have to be compared to the masters...That's a fairly large shadow to sit in.

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

I really like the set. The function is alright, but still enjoyable, the colour scheme is very nice, he looks menacing, and the overall look is great. It is certainly worth it's $20 price tag. Sure, the scale isn't very impressive, but it's a similar thing with Axonn and such. It doesn't downgrade the set in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

I really like the set. The function is alright, but still enjoyable, the colour scheme is very nice, he looks menacing, and the overall look is great. It is certainly worth it's $20 price tag. Sure, the scale isn't very impressive, but it's a similar thing with Axonn and such. It doesn't downgrade the set in my opinion.

Saying it's worth its $20 price tag is high praise indeed, seeing as LoSS is actually only $15. That's part of why its size impressed me so much—it can easily wrap its legs around Onua, the biggest set so far, despite costing $5 less.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Saying it's worth its $20 price tag is high praise indeed, seeing as LoSS is actually only $15. That's part of why its size impressed me so much—it can easily wrap its legs around Onua, the biggest set so far, despite costing $5 less.

It costs $19.99 Australian...

Edit: Additionally Tahu, Kopaka, & Onua are all $29.99 Australian, the Protectors are all $15.99, & yes Lewa, Pohatu, & Gali are the same price as the LoSS...

Edited by Iblis
  • Upvote 1

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

It costs $19.99 Australian...

Edit: Additionally Tahu, Kopaka, & Onua are all $29.99 Australian, the Protectors are all $15.99, & yes Lewa, Pohatu, & Gali are the same price as the LoSS...

Ah, okay. I hadn't seen that price listed on Brickset but apparently that's just because they don't include Australian prices.

• Upvote 3

It comes with a lot of nice and interesting pieces, but overall a bit of a disappointment when it comes to major villains. I'm neutral towards it I guess. More of an effort into the set would change my mind, but right now it just seems like an attempt at something.

Stone him... Where is Pohatu when a guy needs him!! lol :P Edited by Prowl Nightwolf

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

It's a good set, but I dislike the random yellow pieces put there to break the colour scheme. 

I also don't think the name is very fitting - He isn't a lord, he's just a Rahi. I saw a revamp someone did where he was half humanoid with spider legs like a centaur-spider-thing, and wearing the gold mask which I think could have worked pretty well actually.

• Upvote 1

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

It's a good set, but I dislike the random yellow pieces put there to break the colour scheme. 

I also don't think the name is very fitting - He isn't a lord, he's just a Rahi. I saw a revamp someone did where he was half humanoid with spider legs like a centaur-spider-thing, and wearing the gold mask which I think could have worked pretty well actually.

The yellow parts are definitely important—when building the set myself I was surprised by how overwhelmingly black his parts were, which is a rarity among sets. The yellow also helps to convey that there is, in fact, a function—I'm sure many buyers would pass up on buying him if not for the indication that there's more to him than just his looks.

How does "Lord" not suit him? He's not a "Lord" in terms of an actual title or rank, but because he leads the Skull Spiders and is the biggest and strongest of them. If a fisherman claimed to have caught the "King of Bass", you wouldn't assume that it was some half-bass sentient merman who ruled the river; just that it was a huge fish.

• Upvote 4

How does "Lord" not suit him? He's not a "Lord" in terms of an actual title or rank, but because he leads the Skull Spiders and is the biggest and strongest of them. If a fisherman claimed to have caught the "King of Bass", you wouldn't assume that it was some half-bass sentient merman who ruled the river; just that it was a huge fish.

I didn't know John Paul Jones was a fish.

No but seriously I like the honorific/title motif they have going for all the sets. Winter had Protector/Master/Lord, and now summer will have assorted Skull villains with various titles. It's a fun touch.

• Upvote 2