BBC #69 Entry: Master Lhikan

Renzari

This is "okay" looking, I like that you used dark red and the shoulder armor is alright but I really don't like the arms, the lower part is too short and the upper part is too long, I think it would had been better if you used those dark red bones on the upper legs and another thing I don't like is the lower legs, they are just really odd looking being the only thing none Hero Factory.

The weapon is good, although I think he should have different weapon because of G2 Tahu weapon but still, good.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

This is "okay" looking, I like that you used dark red and the shoulder armor is alright but I really don't like the arms, the lower part is too short and the upper part is too long, I think it would had been better if you used those dark red bones on the upper legs and another thing I don't like is the lower legs, they are just really odd looking being the only thing none Hero Factory.

The weapon is good, although I think he should have different weapon because of G2 Tahu weapon but still, good.

Thanks but the arms can't be any shorter. Any shorter and his arms would be awkward. I understand the leg problem but this was the closest to his legs that I could do with my parts. And Tahu's weapon is the closest G2 weapon similar with Lhikan's weapons. I put the silver parts in there so they wouldn't look like Tahu's weapons. But out of all of that, Thank you. Edited by Renzari

:r: :e: :n: :z: :a: :r: :i:

I spy another Lhikan! :D On to the MOC, I agree with ShadowWolfHunt; the legs really stand out against the rest of the MOC, so if possible I'd advise changing them. Other than that, I'd say that like my Lhikan, this one suffers a bit from looking too much like Tahu, although you managed to throw some Kopaka-style shoulders in there as well, which is nice, although not terribly imaginative. But it's a good try! :D

VBWj75sh.png

Nice use of dark red. Still a little too "Tahu-like" but the legs really do help with the Toa Metru aesthetic. I think the lower arms could use some armour, I assume this was meant to emulate the comparatively skinnier arms of the Toa Metru design but it doesn't translate well in this scale. You got all the colours right too, which is very nice. Great job!

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

I spy another Lhikan! :D On to the MOC, I agree with ShadowWolfHunt; the legs really stand out against the rest of the MOC, so if possible I'd advise changing them. Other than that, I'd say that like my Lhikan, this one suffers a bit from looking too much like Tahu, although you managed to throw some Kopaka-style shoulders in there as well, which is nice, although not terribly imaginative. But it's a good try! :D

Sadly Im not allowed to change this. Contest rules.

Nice use of dark red. Still a little too "Tahu-like" but the legs really do help with the Toa Metru aesthetic. I think the lower arms could use some armour, I assume this was meant to emulate the comparatively skinnier arms of the Toa Metru design but it doesn't translate well in this scale. You got all the colours right too, which is very nice. Great job!

-NotS

Everyone says Tahu like because of the Hau and blades. I cant get anything that looks similar to Lhikan's looks than that. Thank you though for the opinions! 

If I made a Lhikan remake, I think I'd use either Ekimu's protector mask when it comes out or Onua's golden mask. Lhikan in CCBS tends to just look like Tahu. Still, it's a nice moc, but like Miras's, it's way too... Tahu.

Tahu is now an adjective.

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

If I made a Lhikan remake, I think I'd use either Ekimu's protector mask when it comes out or Onua's golden mask. Lhikan in CCBS tends to just look like Tahu. Still, it's a nice moc, but like Miras's, it's way too... Tahu.

Tahu is now an adjective.

Tahu is the only 2015 set I have... So I wouldn't know what Onua's mask would look like on him. Thank you though

This looks pretty cool. It's just a modified Tahu, but it gives off the Lhikan feel just the same. However...there is one issue I have, and not with the MOC.

Please stop capitalizing every word. It hurts my eyes, my brain, and possibly my soul.

Hahaha Sorry. My text preferences makes my text capitalized and purple. And I don't want to change it yet. Thanks for the MOC opinion though.

I guess the trouble with Lhikan MoCs is that it usually resembles Tahu a tad too much.  I always envisioned that Lhikan was slimmer and more aero-dynamic, like a spy. Whereas Tahu was always more heavily armored and imposing, like a general ready to take on an army in the front lines. I think a CCBS Lhikan MoC would look a lot more distinguished if we used more black shells with red highlights...and keep the gold to a minimum. Like maybe mask-and upper arms. 

Edited by Prime Axiom

The build looks rather a lot like Tahu, and not just because of the mask. You might want to consider a from-scratch torso build. Keeping the function would be cool, but not necessarily necessary. (That sounds weird, doesn't it? :P)

• Upvote 1