Mercinary for Hire

Akaku: Master of Flight

Consider my Avatar Yee Olde' Thumbnail. Or Something.

akaku_feb__2015_by_akakumasterofflight-d

Ta-Da! I have a larger version of the image, but BZP wont let me make URL's and Images the normal way, and I only knew the code for making images pop up.

Enjoy?

(Or not. I haven't slept in over a day and this was originally just a doodle/rough draft, so I realize how Bleh it kinda is.)

Also, Hello BZP. Back from the dead, am I? We'll see.

• Upvote 6

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

It's been a long time since I've been asked that question XD

No no, It's just my name; You can blame my brother 11 years ago naming my character after the mask from a Mctoran disk, and then saying he made it up without me knowing for years; I've since grown far too attached to the name to want to change it :P

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)

So a Toa... with big bird's wings... and what appears to be a high-tech sniper rifle.

OKAY THEN!

sesame-street-AP-Mark-Lennihan.jpg

Fret not my friend, I will get your wings back!  HUZZAH!

image.jpg?w=400&c=1

Edited by Iaredios
  • Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

XDD Relax, relax, I didn't steal his wing's; mine are much more pointy then his, last time I checked!

And I like to think of it more as an advanced Cordak Assault Rifle of some sort, or something; it's missing a few things if it wanted to be a Sniper (Like a scope, Bipod, Flash suppressor...)

What is this? Is it weird now to see Toa with Wings and Guns? Clearly I've missed something, while I was gone from here :P

--Akaku: Master of Flight

Most of the peeps tend to be purist, I among them. :P But that's what is so great about art, you can be creative to your hearts desire.

And after closer inspection, I finally realized that thing on his mask: it's not on his mask at all, but rather behind it as a sword weight. Tell me, how does it stay on his back?  :lol:

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Purist... What do you mean by that? looks like a Set? Robotic-ish? drawn only to resemble existing Bionicle Parts? Forgive my Ignorance :P He used to have wings that looked like Kopaka Mistika's; over time, I just went with something a little more natural, though admittedly I've always considered switching back!

Now that you mention it, the sword thing certainly doesn't make too much sense... Thanks for bringing it up! I guess via the use of a good ol' technic connector, or whatever magical means the Toa used in the movies to make their weapons stick to there own; I've given him a scabbard for the weapon and a strap that goes around his chest before, but I guess at the time I was going for less of a "makes sense/realistic" picture, and more of just "I'm tired time to make something cool looking" picture :P

I'm just giving you a hard time. :P  New 52 Aquaman: The Trench (graphic novel) did the same thing with Aquaman and his trident as he was walking through a seafood restaurant. I still wonder how he did that though. :confused:    (@strap-lack) I get'chya, I do that sometimes.

And by purist, I mean a combination between Bionicle Trilogy appearance and set appearance; now also means that you just stick to G1 Bionicle and have little to no interest in the new continuity (which I was not referring to).

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I suppose it's the least I deserve, for being away from here for so long :P

Maybe he had a starfish holding onto it, or it will forever remain one of those great mysteries of the universe, like where Optimus's trailer went when he transformed in all those TF's G1 cartoons...

And as for the purist thing: Thanks for clearing it up :D While I'll always love Bionicle's G1 the most, I'm trying to be open about the reboot, mostly for the sake of me getting along with newer members and not hating everything new that comes out :P  In any case, I can see why the wings and rifle would be pretty bothersome to many; I'll keep it in mind when I post stuff here in the future, and maybe tone down the humanoid feel to them a bit... after all, the older sets are my favorite, and I loved those first three movies to death; by all rights, I should be a purist myself XD

Sorry about misspelling your name in Taka's topic, BTW; Honest mistake! ^^;;

If the starfish was holding his trident, how was the sea star hanging on his back? :lol:

Keep the wings and such, I was giving you hard time; lazze fairre as they say (I bet my shiny penny I butchered the spelling on that).

And it's alright, no harm done.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I haven't commnted on this yet? How?

Anyway, you have no idea how much I missed your art style. It's the right balance between incorporating set-like details ad a more abstracted art style, especially around the mask/face. And the colour choice, which in fact is one of the things that always make your art very recogniseable.

The weapon looks great, and the wings are cool too. (also, love the clouds. They really look like clouds.)

The hands are a tad bit small, though. I feel they should be a bit bigger.

Overall, this is great, and I'm totally looking forward to seeing more art from you again! =D

• Upvote 1

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)