Nathan Furst Uploads Some BIONICLE Music

Nathan Furst seems to be in a BIONICLE mood lately - not only has he performed a piano cover of one of the themes from Mask of Light and

(in a response to an impressing cover by BZPower member -turaga_makuta-), he has now also uploaded
. Let the chills and nostalgia flow through you and hope that this won't be the last of Mr. Furst's uploads of BIONICLE scores!

View the full article

• Upvote 5

Nice, great to have a clean cut of the opening's music!

Mask of Light's soundtrack isn't too impressive compared to LoMN and WoS, but any updates like this are good ones.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

It's really cool that Nathan Furst is still aware of the Bionicle community, but I would definitely like to know why he can't upload the whole soundtrack, since I've been waiting 12 years for his music.  I would understand if it's a legal issue, but if he ever gets the rights to release the soundtrack I would like to see it on Bandcamp so he can at least make some money from it.

• Upvote 1

Really nice of him to post that music. It's too bad we probably won't see the score he promised years ago though. The opening theme to Mask of Light really is epic. And I loved his piano rendition - it started out pretty good but then he did the Seventh Toa theme. Never heard that one covered. Goosebumps all around!!!!

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

This is amazing... I'd lost hope that I'd be able to get more Bionicle film music after ripping the surround audio mix and trying to drown out the dialogue.

I hope this is a small preview of what's to come! He can't upload all the music for whatever reason, but it's still quite generous of him to be aware that the Bionicle fanbase is still very much in love with his wonderful, wonderful music.

Nathan Furst's soundtracks for the Bionicle movies were great, even if they didn't feel as tied to the universe as the music that came before it. Still, it's always great when unreleased content like this is made available to the general public by its creator.

As a side note, I hadn't realized that Furst had composed the soundtrack to Mask of Light when he was only 23. I'm 23 now. Just another reason to feel inadequate, I suppose.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

His MOL score is serviceable, if a bit basic. I'd much rather hear the one for LOMN, which is more intricate, dark and emotional, rather like the movie itself.

I think my most-wanted piece from Legends is when Makuta offers to invite Vakama to join him and his brothers... the choir is simply chilling.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

You know, I thought that as my musical knowledge and film music collection grew (currently stands at around one hundred fifty scores), I would "outgrow" Furst's music in a way. And yet here I am, listening to his Bionicle score many years past, and it's still just as beautiful and nostalgic as when I first heard it. It's really quite tragic that we won't get to hear the rest of the music he wrote for this franchise, because these are great scores that deserve releases (the latter two are even better than the first). I suppose in the meantime, we can listen to his score to Need For Speed, which, just like these ones, draws inspiration from Williams and Horner, and, also just like these ones, is absolutely awesome.

As an added note, let us never speak of the score to The Legend Reborn again. It's horrendously dull, and it literally rips off Williams's Jurassic Park note for note at one point. 

-Lewa

Edited by ~Toa Lewa~

You know, I thought that as my musical knowledge and film music collection grew (currently stands at around one hundred fifty scores), I would "outgrow" Furst's music in a way. 

As did I! But when I ripped the music from the DVDs, I realized how so much of the score was so much better than a lot of the film music I've listened to. His scores aren't daunting pieces of music that are massive in scale, but they aren't quiet and mundane either. Instead I've found that his Bionicle scores are very inviting and easy to listen to, if that makes any sense.

As an added note, let us never speak of the score to The Legend Reborn again. It's horrendously dull, and it literally rips off Williams's Jurassic Park note for note at one point. 

D'Andrea did a relatively poor job... but his Tesara theme is catchy, and the Hot Springs theme is quite nerve-wracking... and I love quiet, ambient synth tracks like the one that plays in Ackar's hut when Mata Nui explains his origins.

But still, it was nothing as special as what Furst composed for us.

At which point does D'Andrea nab a theme from Jurassic Park? I've not familiarized myself with Williams's JP scores yet.

Since Mask of Light was the first Bionicle thing I ever owned or saw, it's no surprise that this particular piece has a lot of nostalgia for me. This is, literally, how bionicle started for me. Pretty great.

I would definitely love to hear something from LoMN too, though.

AXKP5KC.png

As did I! But when I ripped the music from the DVDs, I realized how so much of the score was so much better than a lot of the film music I've listened to. His scores aren't daunting pieces of music that are massive in scale, but they aren't quiet and mundane either. Instead I've found that his Bionicle scores are very inviting and easy to listen to, if that makes any sense.

Good to find someone to relate with. By the way, your rips are very good (for what you had to work with), and I've listened to them several times. I just hope Furst finds some way to release the scores legally.

D'Andrea did a relatively poor job... but his Tesara theme is catchy, and the Hot Springs theme is quite nerve-wracking... and I love quiet, ambient synth tracks like the one that plays in Ackar's hut when Mata Nui explains his origins.

Fair enough. I myself just couldn't found much to like in the score.

At which point does D'Andrea nab a theme from Jurassic Park? I've not familiarized myself with Williams's JP scores yet.

The beginning of "The Hot Springs" is pretty much an exact lift from "Dennis Steals the Embryos" of the first JP score. You could just as easily call it an homage, since it doesn't last very long, but it's really distracting for me, especially since Jurassic Park is my favorite score of all time. Definitely check it out if you haven't already.

Edited by ~Toa Lewa~

The beginning of "The Hot Springs" is pretty much an exact lift from "Dennis Steals the Embryos" of the first JP score. You could just as easily call it an homage, since it doesn't last very long, but it's really distracting for me, especially since Jurassic Park is my favorite score of all time. Definitely check it out if you haven't already.

Oh man, you're right! That's sort of funny... no wonder I liked his Hot Springs theme then.

Now this is great news to wake up to (a day late, but still), haha!

It makes me so ridiculously happy to hear that Nathan Furst still cares about the Bionicle community and that he's released a fresh cover of the MoL theme. So much nostalgia! ;w;

If there's anything that would never lose its perfection about the original 3 movies, it's the wonderful soundtrack. <3

Fingers crossed he also releases something for LoMN.

Edited by Kyori

So exciting to hear this nostalgic music. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?