BBC 69 Entry - Visorak

Mate.397

http://mate397.deviantart.com/art/CCBS-Visorak-512817080

It's not much Im aware of it but at least it's not another good guy posted to this "contest". As for the lack of visible fangs, simple, due to the limitation of CCBS you'll have to imagine that the fangs are behind the mouth covering armor plate that can retract to reveal the fangs, and those are obviously not so huge but more realistic size. 

http://mate397.deviantart.com/art/CCBS-Visorak-Back-512817457

http://mate397.deviantart.com/art/CCBS-Visorak-Comparison-512817688

EDIT:

Since I forgot about submitting this the right way I discard this as my entry since it was just meant to be a joke of a creation, which I on purpose didn't put much effort into.

Edited by Mate.397
  • Upvote 2

This doesn't look like a Visorak. At all. It doesn't even look that scary. If I'm honest, it just looks like some sort of ant. And as for a CCBS Visorak with pincers... Bang.

Maybe if you were to redo this, you could use a more complex torso like the one I used in my CCBS Visorak in order to get enough connection points for pincers. So I'd say it's a good start- although it doesn't particularly look like a Visorak, with a bit of work you could make into something a lot better. 

(Also where's the Rhotuka?)

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

I am very sorry, but I think this MOC is terrible. It looks nothing like a Visorak, and just looks like a generic, unoriginal four-legged arthropod. It is plain and I was confused when I clicked the link. While the MOC I dislike... I must admit you are a great photographer. 

• Upvote 1

I HATE SCORPIOS

~Pohatu Master of Stone, 2015

This doesn't look like a Visorak. At all. It doesn't even look that scary. If I'm honest, it just looks like some sort of ant. And as for a CCBS Visorak with pincers... Bang.

Maybe if you were to redo this, you could use a more complex torso like the one I used in my CCBS Visorak in order to get enough connection points for pincers. So I'd say it's a good start- although it doesn't particularly look like a Visorak, with a bit of work you could make into something a lot better. 

(Also where's the Rhotuka?)

I am very sorry, but I think this MOC is terrible. It looks nothing like a Visorak, and just looks like a generic, unoriginal four-legged arthropod. It is plain and I was confused when I clicked the link. While the MOC I dislike... I must admit you are a great photographer. 

Yeah I agree with it not really giving a Visorak feel, the lack of pincers really doesn't help much. But that aside, I do think that it's a very nice little creation.

As it was mentioned, I have little amount of CCBS bones and showing something made in LDD that has unlimited pieces, is not really proving a point. Also Miras, you're the one to talk? With your lazy Lhikan entry? (Which is literally Tahu just with slightly altered armor pieces) Don't be a hypocrite okay?

I worked with what I had, deal with it.

You all need to step up your behaviour and be much more sporting to each other (no 'terrible', no 'lazy', no 'hypocrite') or people are going to start getting DQed/barred from entering the contest.

Apologize and cut it out. Acting awfully to your fellow members will make sure you don't go anywhere in this contest.

• Upvote 10
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

It's a solid effort. The Visorak in particular are a really hard species to recreate in CCBS because it's design revolves around the one-piece torso piece which doesn't have anything close to an equivalent. Props for even attempting to remake a Visorak! 

It's a pretty elegant quadruped design with a solid colour scheme and sleek elegant look. The use of the torso armor piece as the body makes sense because it is a large piece and at that angle can be close to a Visorak shape. Unfortunately, the addition of a head kind of undermines that design and stops it from looking like a Visorak, let alone a spider. The lack of huge fangs (a defining part of the Visorak) also definitely kind of undermines the comparison.

I think it's an extremely solid moc but it does definitely lack the "Spider-look. Calling it "Dagger Spider 2015" may have lowered expectations for viewers. Heck, maybe if you just changed the animal completely - something like  an "Iron Wolf 2015" (looks pretty canine to me). On it's own though, it's a nice creature design and I wish people wouldn't judge it solely based on it's comparison to the original Visorak.

-NotS

• Upvote 1

tahubanner.jpg

I was just bummed out when I saw this, I've been thinking about building a Visorak for this contest for a few days now! I think I still might as I have access to a little more CCBS than this so perhaps could make it a bit bigger, will see! I agree it's lacking the features that make a visorak though, pincers rhotuka. It's a good build given the parts you had though, just not particularly recognisable and that's not the end of the world! (Mine probably won't be either if it's any consolation :P

Also, Miras, I find your harsh criticism somewhat over the top when your own effort is nothing like a visorak either. At least Mate made one with the right number of legs :s There's very definitely a rule somewhere that warns against entirely critical posts and there seem to be a lot of them in here. Might I suggest that before people post such things they consider how they would feel if someone made such comments about their own work?...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

To me, the shape looks just enough like a Visorak to where I can tell it apart from another quadruped, but I do agree with the others when saying that it's a bit.. plain.
I feel that pincers could have been implemented with only a few parts. The Waspix ball-connector on the bottom of the build, plus the second shortest bones, plus the hip/shoulder/whatever those square-ish pieces are called (ball-socket?), and two blades of your choice. At least that's how I would go about it.
I feel the signature Rhotuka is needed in some form here too. I imagine it wouldn't fit on the piece you used for the back, but perhaps another shooter, or even just a rounded armor add-on (see Breeze's Breakout Form or Black Phantom/Toxic Reaps's shoulders) could do the trick, represent the shape needed?

Despite all this, it is nice to see a non-hero character enter the contest, and I do wish you the best of luck.