BBCC 69 : Makuta Teridax

christo1096

My entry for BBCC69, Makuta Teridax. I only use parts from Gali, Pohatu, Onua, and Tahu (that's the only sets I have here). This is my interpretation of Makuta Teridax if it's become a Gen 2 set. With typicall Gen 2 cartoon-ish shape and color scheme. Also with working gear function.

15866748423_6ebd9794da_z.jpg

More Images : 

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11

C&C are welcomed! :D

Edited by christo1096
  • Upvote 7

Very nice moc... Good distribution of parts from the selected sets. Not sure how well it pays homage to the Original Teridax but I do like what I am seeing anyway...

P.S. I may advise that for future reference, if you are going to place a link directly to your gallery page, make sure it is a public folder. Prowl cannot see anything and we don't know if it is due to the folder being "private" or him not having an account on the site.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Limited by the color palettes of the sets as you may be, I can definitely see the traits taken from the original Terry. This is impressive! I feel like the purple is sorely limited to the shoulders and chest, but seeing as there isn't much purple in Onua to begin with, it makes sense. :P Excellent work, as always!

Edited by The~1st~Shadow

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Very nice moc... Good distribution of parts from the selected sets. Not sure how well it pays homage to the Original Teridax but I do like what I am seeing anyway...

P.S. I may advise that for future reference, if you are going to place a link directly to your gallery page, make sure it is a public folder. Prowl cannot see anything and we don't know if it is due to the folder being "private" or him not having an account on the site.

Thank you! It would be as titan sized sets I think ahaha.

Those numbers under the image will direct you to pictures, the gallery will be public soon.

Limited by the color palettes of the sets as you may be, I can definitely see the traits taken from the original Terry. This is impressive! I feel like the purple is sorely limited to the shoulders and chest, but seeing as there isn't much purple in Onua to begin with, it makes sense. :P Excellent work, as always!

True! This is just my interpretation of Teridax, I'm reffering to the 2003 set as well. Well yeah, I would love to change those purple with red or silver or black if I have more parts... Thank you!

I can see traces of the original Makuta set here, and I like it. Especially for working with parts from the Toa. 

The hands and staff are the biggest throwback to me, and the purple is a nice touch!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

It may not be as obvious at first, but I can see a little of the old Makuta shining through. As mentioned before, those shovel-hands and staff work in helping us recognize the old Master of Shadows, as does the purple. I like the bulk of it, especially around the torso and  upper legs, and I like how creatively put-together the feet look. I feel as if the hands on the feet give him a look like as if he has toes, and considering how many of the beings in the new series do, it helps him fit in more.

I suppose the amount of silver is not easily avoidable, but I'm so used to seeing the old Makuta with subdued colors, black and 'gunmetal', but considering you did only use three sets to put this guy together(impressive, by the way), it looks just fine the way it is.

I'd love to see this Terry' in Tahu's new mask. Remember when Makuta was in Matoran-form, proclaiming himself undefeatable because he was 'nothing'? It'd be a fun throwback, but the Skull Spider works just as well, and gives Teridax here the creepy vibe he so well deserves. :P

Wish you luck in the competition!

Though can we get a contest where people don't start doing Makuta(Especially Teridax)?

Given that there are multiple people who have made entries for this contest which are not Makuta (and you're one of them!), this is such a contest already.

Anyway, to speak of the actual creation here, overall it looks pretty good. Nicely armored, and making good use of the parts from the Toa Okoto that you have. The Skull Spider mask doesn't exactly scream Makuta to me, but I recognize that you were doing your best with the limited parts.

~B~

• Upvote 1

I can see traces of the original Makuta set here, and I like it. Especially for working with parts from the Toa. 

The hands and staff are the biggest throwback to me, and the purple is a nice touch!

Thanks! I prefer to change purple with black or red if I can, but yeah, purple still acceptable.

It may not be as obvious at first, but I can see a little of the old Makuta shining through. As mentioned before, those shovel-hands and staff work in helping us recognize the old Master of Shadows, as does the purple. I like the bulk of it, especially around the torso and  upper legs, and I like how creatively put-together the feet look. I feel as if the hands on the feet give him a look like as if he has toes, and considering how many of the beings in the new series do, it helps him fit in more.

I suppose the amount of silver is not easily avoidable, but I'm so used to seeing the old Makuta with subdued colors, black and 'gunmetal', but considering you did only use three sets to put this guy together(impressive, by the way), it looks just fine the way it is.

I'd love to see this Terry' in Tahu's new mask. Remember when Makuta was in Matoran-form, proclaiming himself undefeatable because he was 'nothing'? It'd be a fun throwback, but the Skull Spider works just as well, and gives Teridax here the creepy vibe he so well deserves. :P

Wish you luck in the competition!

If they released infected tahu mask, I'd love to put it on his head hahaha. For me, the gen 2 build is also cartoon-ish, so I make a really bulk body with short legs.

And Thank you very much!

Looks quite nice indeed. Though can we get a contest where people don't start doing Makuta(Especially Teridax)? It's starting to get really old as an idea honestly. But as I said the entry looks great, design wise.

well, this is the only thing that pops up when I start to build. Thanks

Though can we get a contest where people don't start doing Makuta(Especially Teridax)?

Given that there are multiple people who have made entries for this contest which are not Makuta (and you're one of them!), this is such a contest already.

Anyway, to speak of the actual creation here, overall it looks pretty good. Nicely armored, and making good use of the parts from the Toa Okoto that you have. The Skull Spider mask doesn't exactly scream Makuta to me, but I recognize that you were doing your best with the limited parts.

~B~

Agreed, I really want to use krahkaan, but I have no one right now, I regret I didn't bring some of my parts from back home.

I am quite impressed with this, considering what you had to work with. I agree with others that the shovel hands do a lot to enhance the resemblance of the original. Makuta.

Thank you!

This is great! While not inherently a "Teridax" look, the red and black do help with association. But regardless of which character it is supposed to represent, this moc is absolutely fantastic. It's huge and bulky and the weapons and mask help make it look all the more menacing. Looks great from the front, but man I was not expecting the back! Quite a complex and mechanical build. Really shows the creativity that went into this one. The feet show that well too. Some really great stuff going on here, and it all comes together to make a solid SOLID entry. Great job! :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

This is insane (in the good way)! This is going to be VERY hard to beat!

(also, as I said in the official topic, is this going to try to take over my Mata Nui entry? :P )

Thank you! yes of course

This is great! While not inherently a "Teridax" look, the red and black do help with association. But regardless of which character it is supposed to represent, this moc is absolutely fantastic. It's huge and bulky and the weapons and mask help make it look all the more menacing. Looks great from the front, but man I was not expecting the back! Quite a complex and mechanical build. Really shows the creativity that went into this one. The feet show that well too. Some really great stuff going on here, and it all comes together to make a solid SOLID entry. Great job! :)

-NotS

The back side is kinda empty, but yeah should cover it with something. thanks!

Amazing homage, especially considering your limited parts selection! I can really see the resemblance to the original.

Thanks!

That is...great...all here for me to criticize is the colour scheme,

Well based on gen 2 sets colorscheme...