BZPower isn't dead, It's coming back to life!

That's good news! But why did it level-out so quickly in the summer months before the huge spike? Does that happen often?

• Upvote 1

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

That's good news! But why did it level-out so quickly in the summer months before the huge spike? Does that happen often?

my guess is that it meant BZP was down to between 10,000 and 1 pagehits, which means for that period, the forum was very close to going completely inactive; or to put it another way, if Bionicle had returned another year later, I'm not sure BZP would've still been around by then :P

--Akaku: Master of Flight

• Upvote 1

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

I do SEO and marketing for a living, so I'd always be curious to see the stats behind BZP. But its great to see lots of activity. About a year ago you'd see maybe 30-50 people at a time. I look now at its easily 150+

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

That pic is priceless, should be an official Bionicle/BZPower meme from now on :P I'm almost considering making it my sig, if you would allow me to use its beauty

But seriously, this is some encouraging news. :)

-NotS

By all means, go ahead! :D I was going to just MS Paint copy paste tohu's head onto the original meme, but I decided that as an artist, I probably shouldn't be so lazy with such things :P

I'd be very interested in seeing the overall stats for the site for the traffic from 2011 until present.

Unfortunatley, I couldn't find a site that goes that far back; seems only the top 500,000 or something sites has that privlage, unfortunately, even though im sure that at some point BZP was probably in that list :P

• Upvote 1

"I've brushed with death so often I should start giving him high-fives while I pass."

Recent Work: Return to Forum (2024)
Friend's works: Terrible Comics (2016) | The Guardians of Gevra Nui (2017) | Reborn (2016)
Older Work: The Legends of Taladi Nui (2017)

But Jesus, that high of a spike?

Older members and maybe siblings of older members probably all rushed to the site in Dec/Jan when everyone began to learn that BIONICLE was coming back, just to remember the good ol' days. I imagine the number of visitors will drop in February.

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939
  • Upvote 2

I saw this and didn't quite believe it at first, but then I remembered just how low the traffic was in 2013 and 2014, so now I understand. This is definitely great news and hopefully our population grows even more while Bionicle has been revived. 

I think it's going to be great fantastic in the next three years, here at BZPower. :D

Edited by Rooster Nui

Well, I thought most of us saw this coming when the return of Bionicle was announced. Still, it's great to see that's such a huge increase in visitors and activity. Hopefully that visitor rate will continue to climb!

Also, that art of Tohu is amazing. It is a bit disconcerting that apparently he drinks out of a sealed Toa canister, though. Must Pohatu be devoured to sate Tohu?

~B~

Edited by Ballom
  • Upvote 2

my guess is that it meant BZP was down to between 10,000 and 1 pagehits, which means for that period, the forum was very close to going completely inactive; or to put it another way, if Bionicle had returned another year later, I'm not sure BZP would've still been around by then :P

Well, I'm glad that wasn't the case. It's nice to come back after all this time to find that everything is still here, just as you left it. Comforting, really.

Edited by toa ordaku

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png
Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

I didn't need to see stats to believe this. The only proof I needed that this site is coming back was when, about half an hour ago, I hit the "Server Busy" page for the first time since before the old forums shut down :P

This gives me faith.

• Upvote 2

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png
Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

I didn't need to see stats to believe this. The only proof I needed that this site is coming back was when, about half an hour ago, I hit the "Server Busy" page for the first time since before the old forums shut down :P

This gives me faith.

Same. It also makes me miss the snarky messages and bubble wrap .swf link we used to get on that error page back in like 2007. I wonder if we'll ever be seeing those make a return? :rolleyes:

Edited by Junkbot Master of Trash
  • Upvote 1

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

This is pretty cool...

I don't know what you guys are talking about; I'd get 'server busy; messages all the time often even before all the 2015 craze =P

• Upvote 1

2xu8Ptu.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whoa. This is awesome! Who else besides me is anticipating the G2 newcomers to be asking questions upon questions about G1?  :D

I'm thinking I should put the 674% maymay in my sig. Kongu reaches 674% the maximum speed for windflying!

EDIT: 674% maymay is official.

Edited by Toa Vanson

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Bionicle returning brought me back. I've been a long dormant user and I'm glad to be back. I'm already collecting the line again and happy to be back in the Bionicle universe, I missed it a whole lot. Who cares if I'm 24.

I had some link on here to a fanfic I wrote about Bionicle posted on BzP about 8 years ago, sadly that hyperlink didn't work anymore.

Anyways, I've been on this site for more than 10 years.. who would've thought?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Whoa. This is awesome! Who else besides me is anticipating the G2 newcomers to be asking questions upon questions about G1?  :D

I was thinking about that too. Like, do we just point people to the wiki, or do we set up another reference forum like last time?

I think a new forum would be great. Like "Q&A G1" or something like that. If newcomers come and start asking G1 questions, then the Storyline and Discussion boards will be flooded with stuff like "So Bohrok WERE Av-Matoran?" "Why were they called Tohunga?" "So Metru Nui is BEFORE the Mata Nui saga?" "So you're telling me it was all in a giant robot?"

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username.