Now Hiring Volunteers for Blender Project!

Vezyon

I'm working on an idea for a video series with 15-30 minute episodes. It will be a Si-Fi/medieval combo The animation will be done in Blender, and since I do not own or know how to use the program, I am asking for volunteers, here are the available positions:

Character animator (Will animate the characters with their weapons, and any other things corresponding to that field)

Landscape animator (will animate the landscape, plant-life, cities, towns and villages)

Animal animator (will animate the creatures of the many wolds)

Vehicle/heavy weaponry animator (will animate the vehicles, and the heavier weaponry that will be used

All around animator (will take the animations of the other animators for each episode and put them together into one video)

Sound FX/ Music harvester (will work on getting the sound FX and music together, ether from the internet or cds, he may also make some of the music and sound FX if he cannot find what we are looking for)

Voice actors (we will need many voice actors to voice the characters)

co-author/producer (will help with the story writing and all-around management of the project)

Please contact me via PM if you feel that you can fill one of these roles, I myself am going to be the main story-writer, a voice actor, and the director of this project, more information wit be given via PM when you request a position. I cannot pay for aid, but credit will be given to all involved. More updates will be given as they come.

I only know a little bit of Blender (hard to learn with just some free online tutorials) so I do not think that I would be able to fulfill any of these roles. All the same, perhaps you would like to elaborate on what you are trying to do; just a rough summary and such. What is the genre (action or comedy)? What do you think the rating would be (PG or PG-13) and for what? Do these episodes potray a continous story or are they seperate and simply exist in the same universe? What is the story? How complete is your concept? You know, just mention stuff like that.

Actually, looking back through the positions I believe that I am qualified for co-author, but whether I would do it or not depends on the direction you want your story to take. I can say that my mind in the creative sense does often think along the lines of Sci-Fi/Fantasy, but perhaps or perhaps not in the way you are looking for. Again, I cannot make any such judgements yet myself because you have not given enough information about your project.

I only know a little bit of Blender (hard to learn with just some free online tutorials) so I do not think that I would be able to fulfill any of these roles. All the same, perhaps you would like to elaborate on what you are trying to do; just a rough summary and such. What is the genre (action or comedy)? What do you think the rating would be (PG or PG-13) and for what? Do these episodes potray a continous story or are they seperate and simply exist in the same universe? What is the story? How complete is your concept? You know, just mention stuff like that.

Actually, looking back through the positions I believe that I am qualified for co-author, but whether I would do it or not depends on the direction you want your story to take. I can say that my mind in the creative sense does often think along the lines of Sci-Fi/Fantasy, but perhaps or perhaps not in the way you are looking for. Again, I cannot make any such judgements yet myself because you have not given enough information about your project.

I understand your wish to understand more along the lines of story and such I will make a post soon with that information, as for storyline, my information shall be enough to suffice, but I will not go into much detail, for the storyline and all the details are my intellectual property, and while its not licensed, I don't want plagiarism to happen, I'm sure you can understand my position, for more detailed information, please PM me. ;)

Updates are as folows:

If the series was to be rated, it would be PG, Sci-Fi/Fantasy action violence and maybe some mildly creepy images, there will be little to no blood, no gore, no language of any kind, mild or not, and there will be no images that would be very disturbing. ;)

The Genre will be action.

The episodes will portray a continuous story, and there will be little to no episodes that are disjointed from the rest, the story will take place in 15-20 episode long seasons, with different story arcs that are all connected chronologically happening as the story progresses.

My concept is rather vague right now, but by the time we can start the project, it will be complete enough to start, and it will get more and more complete as we go on.

Here is a basic (and very vague) overview of the first story arc (names TBD):

Humanoid invaders from another world attack the planet inhabited by humans. These invaders are a faction that calls themselves The Cult of the Phoenix. The cult is trying to wipe out all life but themselves from the universe, (the reason would be giving details).

That is all for now, please PM with any specific questions or to apply for a position, or post in the topic if more general info is needed. ;)

Oh yes, one more thing, I will not be a voice actor as I planned(for I do not have sufficient time where I can do it without being disturbed by noise), but will just write tha story and direct the project.

Edited by Vezon of the Olmak

Hi there! You can find lots of free blender tutorials at Blender Cookie! ;) http://cgcookie.com/blender Some of the videos are for citizen members only, and you have to pay for a citizen membership, but there are lots of free ones there too!

Hi there! You can find lots of free blender tutorials at Blender Cookie! ;) http://cgcookie.com/blender Some of the videos are for citizen members only, and you have to pay for a citizen membership, but there are lots of free ones there too!

Yeah, I know that; I have used CGCookie.com a lot. There is some useful stuff on there that they have for free but unfortunately there is no guide as to where to start, continue, or finish. So I might find a nice video on shaders but it refers to so much that is beyond me that learning can become something overwhelmingly cumbersome. I still wish to learn, (motivation: make the BIONICLE movies that never came to be) but the going is drudgingly slow and I still have other things to do.

More on topic, aren't alien invaders trying to wipe out all life a little... cliche? Actually, aliens seem to be a bit over-used too. I could think of many other things you could do for this, or maybe you had some idea to make it unique?

Yeah, I know that; I have used CGCookie.com a lot. There is some useful stuff on there that they have for free but unfortunately there is no guide as to where to start, continue, or finish. So I might find a nice video on shaders but it refers to so much that is beyond me that learning can become something overwhelmingly cumbersome. I still wish to learn, (motivation: make the BIONICLE movies that never came to be) but the going is drudgingly slow and I still have other things to do.

More on topic, aren't alien invaders trying to wipe out all life a little... cliche? Actually, aliens seem to be a bit over-used too. I could think of many other things you could do for this, or maybe you had some idea to make it unique?

Yeah, I got my own plans to make it uniquely awesome and not cliche. :P

Uuh, have you seen this? http://cgcookie.com/blender/cgc-courses/blender-basics-introduction-for-beginners/ it takes you though nearly everything. Also, you don't ever finish learning.