BBC #69 Heat Vision Rahkshi

ToaDraco

That is just too cool. The shell-spine looks incredible, and it's overall an imposing MOC. Good photo too, he really looks like he's going to assault the camera. The way the Kraata detaches is a creative idea, and the Kraata mouth looks a lot like it did in the movie. The darker area around the chest looks a little bit disorganized, but it's hard to tell because of the lighting. The chunky chest certainly makes him look powerful, though.

IetTsFQ.png

Thanks! Btw, I like how you did Malum's claws in your entry. Yeah I still have trouble photographing models with lots of black. The black chest area is where the two horizontal black hero torsos line up with a black savage planet paw in the middle.

Edited by ToaDraco

10331959915_9f4d0b34c7.jpg
"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

Oh wow, now this is a formidable contest entry. It has a very clear CCBS structure, which is also very smooth with good flow, and you also made it look striking similar to the original character. I like all the specialized CCBS bits, like the clawed toes, curved spine, and wicked staff. Quite an imposing son of Makuta. My only real complaint is the use of the trans yellow panels; it's not exactly going against the overall color scheme, but since that's the only place its really used, I find it a bit clashing. :shrugs:

Great job, and good luck in the contest!

:music:

This, I know, will be one of the top contenders in this contest. Looks insanely cool! I can't wait to pin my entry against this bad boy and see what happens XD Best of luck :D

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

This is an amazing entry! It's instantly recognisable as a Rahkshi and you've essentially redesigned two entities by breathing new life into the kraata too! Loving it, this will surely see the finals!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Wow... a very nice build on an interesting character... I will be watching this one throughout the contest...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Wow, when I first seen the title I was thinking that this was just going to be the same over used Rahkshi headed MOC that don't look anything like a rahkshi but this, this is awesome and love that you didn't use a Rahkshi head. The feet are a little odd but I like the the legs and I also love that you can take off and put on the Kraata but having it to be a little different from the G1 Rahkshi.

The Staff is my most favorite thing about the MOC and even though I hate the Rahkshi (because of what the bionicle fandom on dA and youtube did to them) it really close to having my vote :)

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I hope that's not your entry pic, the position of the legs make it look silly. Doesn't do this moc justice. 

Because WOW. 

You know your shape design for sure. It's a really complex body from what I can tell, but the way the shells and attachments come together make it look extremely streamlined and simplified and that makes it pleasing to the eye. The mix of colours is interesting and definitely draws the focus to the head. The "chicken-walker" look of the legs add a lot, though they do seem a little small in regards to the rest of the design. I love the attention to detail from all angles - there are no holes, and despite that the amount of amour feels like it is there for a reason and not just slapped on for the sake of it. Staff is really great too. 

The best part of this moc is the Kraata. Sure there are no gear functions, but being able to take the head on and off and have it function as a separate entity is in itself a fantastic play feature. And what an awesome design for the Kraata - looks just about how I would imagine a set version of its appearance in Mask of Light would look like.

Amazing moc!  

-NotS

Edited by Nidhiki of the Shadows

tahubanner.jpg

Thank you everyone for the kind words!

Oh wow, now this is a formidable contest entry. It has a very clear CCBS structure, which is also very smooth with good flow, and you also made it look striking similar to the original character. I like all the specialized CCBS bits, like the clawed toes, curved spine, and wicked staff. Quite an imposing son of Makuta. My only real complaint is the use of the trans yellow panels; it's not exactly going against the overall color scheme, but since that's the only place its really used, I find it a bit clashing. :shrugs:

Great job, and good luck in the contest!

:music:

Yeah unfortunately have very little in the way of trans yellow aside from those pieces. They are the only shells I have in that size and I really liked how  they looked. I would have much rather had them in solid yellow or had other trans yellow shells to balance their use but as it is now, I admit they look a bit out of place. 

I hope that's not your entry pic, the position of the legs make it look silly. Doesn't do this moc justice. 

Because WOW. 

You know your shape design for sure. It's a really complex body from what I can tell, but the way the shells and attachments come together make it look extremely streamlined and simplified and that makes it pleasing to the eye. The mix of colours is interesting and definitely draws the focus to the head. The "chicken-walker" look of the legs add a lot, though they do seem a little small in regards to the rest of the design. I love the attention to detail from all angles - there are no holes, and despite that the amount of amour feels like it is there for a reason and not just slapped on for the sake of it. Staff is really great too. 

The best part of this moc is the Kraata. Sure there are no gear functions, but being able to take the head on and off and have it function as a separate entity is in itself a fantastic play feature. And what an awesome design for the Kraata - looks just about how I would imagine a set version of its appearance in Mask of Light would look like.

Amazing moc!  

-NotS

I actually used the front picture as the entry picture since it shows it off best. I'll update the op to reflect this to save confusion. Thank you for your kind words! I love the "chicken-walker" leg style and I use it whenever possible.  :P

Edited by ToaDraco

"Avengers? Fantastic Four? X-Dudes? They can all kiss my bony, flammable plastic."- Johnathan Blaze (Ghost Rider Vol 7 0.1)

I just saw the photo with Onua, and whoa. This guy is enormous. I doubted that you could make a CCBS titan that large without having lots of gaps and weird connections, you've totally proven me wrong. I also think the trans-yellow is okay, Keetorange would have looked better but the shells you used don't look out-of-place in my opinion. The black decor on them helps.

IetTsFQ.png

I want this guy... maybe a different color but this is cool and if the Gen1s looked like this and had this play feature I could have seen me going for them...

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

This is amazing. This is going to be very hard to beat.

Just one question though, why is there orange paint on the right shoulder pad?

Orange paint? There is no paint on anything, it's likely the lighting.

Wouldn't using this version of the hand make a bit more sense than the 5-fingered one: http://img.rebrickable.com/img/pieces/elements/4584530.jpg

Really just a minor nitpic.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Oh man. It was nice feeling like I had a bit of a chance in this contest, but that's over now. This is fantastic. The shaping is simply excellent, and the colors flow really well. It's not the most instantly recognizable or close capture of the original version, but that works for its benefit. It's a reimagining to the fullest extent, and that resulted in a very imaginative design. the kraata and everything...It's just really well done. Definitely the best entry so far, and I expect it to get very far in the contest.

AXKP5KC.png

Jeezy Petes! Truly Rahkshi are terrifying! I simply love this MOC. Everything from the staff, the cool spine, to the leg design! 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

This is amazing. This is going to be very hard to beat.

Just one question though, why is there orange paint on the right shoulder pad?

Orange paint? There is no paint on anything, it's likely the lighting.

Yeah I just scanned through all the pictures on your Brickshelf and it looks like somebody has got some shiny pieces. That "Orange" is a reflection of the backlight you are using either from the camera itself or a nearby lamp...

Onua.png

There goes any hope of me winning.  :OMG: Goodness. That thing is just dripping with awesome. It's hard to find a nitpick, but I think you should change the pearl light gray pieces in the handle for black or gunmetal (Do gunmetal axle connectors exist?). They break up the colorscheme ever so slightly. That's really all I can see.

YEEEEES. This is how I imagine a Rahkshi to be. I really love how sturdy and well structured it appears. Especially those legs. That reverse joint articulation looks fantastic on the torso, though I wish you used the same yellow elements on the legs instead of the transparent ones. I also love your take on how the kraata is the whole upper portion of the head not just something inside of a container. 

This is epic. It has the correct color scheme. However the red and black spines don't really look like they fit in. The body looks like a giant, bulky, warrior, that has been working out.

Overall epic! Also where did you get that head?

The head (actually, most of the yellow parts he used) are from Waspix.  It's a great set with many great parts, and he used them very effectively here.

AXKP5KC.png