Rate the Protectors!

Archon~

So I'm thinking about getting the protectors cuz they all seem kinda cool being all little and bright and what not, and anyway, I'm not sure which one should I get second. I already have the Protector of Fire, and I'm asking you guys to rank them whoch one you like best, to worst and why.

I personally have no idea, but I know the PoF is my favorite simply due to his buff short man build. :P

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

1. Earth: Solid color scheme, great parts, torso is genius (it starts here, and I'm using that word a lot, so deal with it), weapons are nice, and overall is one of the more involved builds for the Protectors. 

Jungle: I just love everything about him. The color scheme, the weapon (which is genius, I mean absolute genius!), and the build are great.

Stone: I love the inclusion of trans-lime green/yellow, as well as how he just fits in with Pohatu. The staff is great, too.

Water: The color scheme makes this Protector really resemble the element, including mostly trans parts. The weapon is also genius.

Fire: I feel like his arms are lacking in proportions to his buff-looking torso. Also, what are the weapons? Swords? Yeah, okay, :???:

Ice: Aside from the weapons, I feel like this guy was an afterthought. It's basically a slimmer version of PoF but with more of the new armor add-ons. Personally, this guy was an instant parts pack.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

The protectors are an interesting lot. Minus the pieces that they come with, like the unique white armor piece with the protector of Ice, it all comes down to the possibility for me 

Fire: great torso, but lacks poseability

Water: very fluid and feels like it fits the element, but the weapon limits what you can do

Ice: loved the pieces so much, but no elbows like Fire

Earth: Great design, purple and black always an awesome combie. The only set without trans-ammunition though

Stone: My personal fav: full poseability, shoulder armor and cool stuff, actually brown!

Jungle: The other with full poseability, meaning knees and elbows! Lots of colors but it works, though the weapon can be unwieldy. 

Right now, Stone and Jungle are my favorites. Great colors, movement, and they have the off-set shoulder armor

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

1. Stone: Great build. Great color scheme. Fantastic weapon. Pohatu's "powered up" form goes a long way toward improving the most basic Toa, without sacrificing weapons or armor.

Water: Decent build, but slightly gangly. A color scheme that's visually impressive but not as well-organized as some of the others. Fantastic weapon. Makes Gali's "powered up" form the best of all the 2015 Toa.

Jungle: Great color scheme. Decent build. Fantastic weapon. Unfortunately, the weapon isn't scaled well to Lewa, which makes his "powered up" form hard to pose effectively.

Earth: Incredibly unique build. Color scheme is dark to the point of making his details hard to discern. Chest launcher is fantastic but other weapons could be better. Onua's "powered up" form is one of the least dramatic due to not gaining a launcher, but the addition of the Protector's shoulder armor does do wonders for his silhouette.

Ice: Great color scheme and color organization. A stocky build that suits a character who lives in frigid climes. Fantastic weapons. Kopaka's "powered up" form is terrible, actually losing his shield and adding the Protector's saw/shield onto his spear in a way that looks sloppy and lacks any sort of cohesion.

Fire: Great build.  Perhaps the least visually interesting color scheme of the Protectors. Weapons are dull, though the shoulder-mounted launcher is decent. Tahu's "powered up" form is quite lacking, losing the symmetry of his armor to add the Protector's weapon and turning his small swords and the Protector's flame tonfa into strange, asymmetrical weapons.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I only have Ice, Jungle and Water, so...

I'd rank Jungle on top. The color scheme is beautiful, definitely my favorite out of all the Protectors. The weapon is really nice and I like the little details with the vines on his feet. He's really good.

Ice would be next. His color scheme is strong, but a bit basic. The weapons aren't the most exciting either, and he suffers from not having elbows. I do love his bundled up look and his overall appearance, however.

Water is definitely way in the bottom. I'm not much of a fan at all. Very poor color scheme and awkward proportions....eh. Not even the weapon excites me much. The turbines are really cool though.

I can't say for sure what I think of Earth, Stone, and Fire, but from what I see I expect the final rankings to be something like Jungle>Earth>Stone>Ice>Fire>Water.

Edited by farmstink buttlass

AXKP5KC.png

I only have Ice, Jungle and Water, so...

I'd rank Jungle on top. The color scheme is beautiful, definitely my favorite out of all the Protectors. The weapon is really nice and I like the little details with the vines on his feet. He's really good.

Ice would be next. His color scheme is strong, but a bit basic. The weapons aren't the most exciting either, and he suffers from not having elbows. I do love his bundled up look and his overall appearance, however.

Water is definitely way in the bottom. I'm not much of a fan at all. Very poor color scheme and awkward proportions....eh. Not even the weapon excites me much. The turbines are really cool though.

I can't say for sure what I think of Earth, Stone, and Fire, but from what I see I expect the final rankings to be something like Jungle>Earth>Stone>Ice>Fire>Water.

I agree with you on Jungle!

cringe

1. Earth. Cool weapon, unique chest build, and PURPLE! B-)

2. Ice. Also had cool weapons. Really great color scheme IMO.

3. Jungle. Trans-green pieces and crossbow weapon. Enough said. :P

4. Stone. Same as Jungle Protector, but I like green more.

5. Water. Like her color scheme, but her weapon isn't the best IMO.

6. Fire. Probably the only 2015 Bionicle set I would say that I didn't like. His build is kind of bland and his weapons aren't that cool. He does have some cool trans-red pieces though. 

• Upvote 1

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Stone/Jungle

Earth

Ice

Water

Fire

PoF is brought down by lack of elbows, as is PoI. PoJ and Stone have the best colours IMO, as well as posability. PoE has that beautiful trans purple but the launcher doesn't cover enough of the torso. PoW I don't feel anything about, just meh to me.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

1. Stone - Pros: Good articulation, weapon is nice and complex and looks good. Cons: Armor on legs is weirdly positioned but can easily be fixed, and he has no back coverage due to all the parts being put into the weapon.

2. Earth - Pros: Good articulation, shield is nice, looks really cool. Chest-gun is slightly strange but awesome, and he also has a custom torso build. Cons: Yellow bits on weapons and weist is a little open. 

3. Jungle - Pros: Nice colour scheme, good articulation, overall very pleasent to look at. Cons: Weapon is cool but a bit odd. It's a gun with green fire randomly sticking out the sides, looks nothing like a bow at all.  

4. Water - Pros: Cool weapon/vehicle thingy, good colour scheme. Cons: Propellars on turbines are trans-light blue for some reason, and the arms look a bit open, and torso armour sticks out. 

5. Fire - Pros: Good colour scheme, good looking custom torso build. Cons: No elbows, translucent hands for some reason, and the bones in the arms are grey while all the others are black which looks slightly odd. Also, what are his weapons supposed to be? They're little stick things which are on fire, and he holds them extremely awkwardly.

6. Ice - Pros: Good colour scheme. Cons: No elbows similar to PoF, and also has translucent hands. Are his hands made of ice or something? The arms look very short and stubby, even more so thnan PoF. Weapons are also a bit clunky, especially the gun which is held slightly awkwardly. 

Edited by Toa Chronix

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

1-Water- Strong solid build and I just love the new blue color.

2-Jungle- Great solid bones and complex weapon build

3-Ice- I live the trans blue and you get so many of the armor pieces. 

4-Fire- Trans Orange enough said.

5-Earth- would be higher but great bones too. 

6-Stone- sadly just not the most solid design just not for me.

Please visit my Flickr at www.flickr.com/tfg1_grimlock for my photography and MOCs.

Please visit my Instagram at www.instagram.com/tfg1_grimlock for other Lego Posts.

The low placement of Ice on these rankings is making me doubt my previous conviction that I'd grab him to supplement my Toa of choice, Kopaka... any thoughts on the various Toa/Protector combos?  For instance, I think the Protector of Jungle looks great, but Lewa is so underwhelming that the dynamic duo is more of a dynamic disappointment.

8NHf8fu.png

Everything is some kind of a plot, man.

The low placement of Ice on these rankings is making me doubt my previous conviction that I'd grab him to supplement my Toa of choice, Kopaka... any thoughts on the various Toa/Protector combos?  For instance, I think the Protector of Jungle looks great, but Lewa is so underwhelming that the dynamic duo is more of a dynamic disappointment.

Lewa is fantastic, but his powered up form leaves a bit to be desired. He loses the swords from his axes and he's hard to pose with the Protector's two-handed weapon (which is sized to the Protector, not to the larger Toa). Still better than Kopaka's (which loses his signature shield and pastes the Protector's saw onto his spear awkwardly) and Tahu's (awkward weapons and asymmetrical armor shells).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Lewa is fantastic, but his powered up form leaves a bit to be desired. He loses the swords from his axes and he's hard to pose with the Protector's two-handed weapon (which is sized to the Protector, not to the larger Toa). Still better than Kopaka's (which loses his signature shield and pastes the Protector's saw onto his spear awkwardly) and Tahu's (awkward weapons and asymmetrical armor shells).

Hard to pose? More like impossible...

• Upvote 1

cringe

Hard to pose? More like impossible...

I found it a bit hard to pose with the shield regardless but still utterly my fav because Im bias towards Kopaka any ways. 

But over all Tahu has the best posing with out being powered up. Same with Pohatu I find hes such an ease to pose. 

Please visit my Flickr at www.flickr.com/tfg1_grimlock for my photography and MOCs.

Please visit my Instagram at www.instagram.com/tfg1_grimlock for other Lego Posts.

Just got Jungle, and I have to say he lives up to the expectation! Colors are amazing, bow is fantastic, and build is pretty neat! Also is really cool for combining with PoF.

• Upvote 1

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

Story wise, Fire would be at the top, due to him being the only Protector having an actual role so far

Set wise, I'd have to go in the order Ice (I love ice characters to no end so heavy bias here haha), Stone, Jungle, Earth, Water, Fire

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

1. Jungle stands out to me because it has the coolest of the weapons. And the weapon is super posable.

2. Earth Stands out because of the build. I really like the gun being part of him and I love the mask. Best protector mask

3. Ice. The color scheme for this one is absolutely great, the mask is my second favorite, and the weapons make up for the lack of elbows.

4. Stone the weapon on this one resembles a turaga staff so it evokes nostalgia. It's also just a good all-round protector.

5. Fire has an interesting torso, second only to Earth, but his weapons are kinda annoying and he has no elbows. The shoulder gun is also hard to pose

6. Water is the most boring of all of them in my opinion. The weapon is meh, the propellers look bad, and overall it just doesn't have nearly as much going for it as the other 5 do.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

1.) Jungle: Awesome weapon, great colour distribution and that trans-green is hot.

2.) Earth: Purple as a secondary colour is always a huge plus. No clashing colours. Chest cannon is super cool.

3.) Stone: Just cause of the weapon. Protector himself is kind of lame (no back armour!)

4.) Water: Has a lot of character to it, nice weapon too.

5.) Fire: Love the chest armour, don't like the lack of elbows and knees though. Plus, the weapons are pretty uninspired.

6.) Ice: While I like his colours, this Protector is just too standard to really make it to the top. Sorry, I don't mean to be cold.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg