BIONICLE's Return Announced Back in 2013!

Takametru007

I was looking at GregF's profile and I found This: http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/581-gregf/

Apr 01 2013 - 06:44 PM

Hello everyone, I have an announcement to make. Although it is sort of unfortunate that it is April fools, I just recieved authorization from LEGO to talk about this today, so I didn't want to wait. (Hopefully it isn't their April fool's joke on me!)

Over the last few weeks, I've been in talks with LEGO about the fate of Bionicle. More specifically, we've been discussing the possiblity of it making a return in some shape or form. The intrest in the line has keep going strong, which is one of the reasons this came up. Although I went into the discussion not knowing where it would lead, I'm happy to say that its good news! Although the revival wouldn't mean having a full line of sets again, there would at least a few small sets, and at the very least, a continuation of the story again. I'm not going to talk about where that's going, but I'm sure you have a few guesses.

I'm really grateful to you guys for sticking with this community through thick and thin, and helping to show that Bionicle really does deserve another chance. I'll be posting more information on what's going to be happening as soon as I can, and hopefully allowing you guys to be involved in the process. Untill then, carry on! I still really enjoy this community, and I am looking forward to becoming a more active part of it again.

Best wishes to everyone,

-Greg Farshtey

Most members chalked this up as an April Fool's joke, and thought GregF's account must have been hacked.

But apparently since it takes about 2 years for Lego to develop a theme, this would be around the time they were first really working on it. Bionicle's return was essentially announced 2 years ago! And, just as it was with the blurry leaked pictures of the 2015 Toa, people were looking for reasons to doubt it...ever the skeptics, aren't we?

My guess is this: they were first going to make commemorative Toa, and it just took off from there - 

• Upvote 2

Indeed, his account was hacked.

On top of that, basically every year between 2010 and now people were looking for reasons to think BIONICLE was coming back.  I bet you can find lots more "evidence" of its return if you look, but the fact remains we had no official word until the big announcement late last year.

• Upvote 4

OpAXNpl.jpg

Evil hacker guy = evil leaker guy?

Who knows...

hahahahaha no

(pretty sure the leaker wouldn't know how to hack anything on bzp, nor would that one infamous hacker ever have leak access)

Sssshhh don't deny it, it's all connected! It's all a part of the bigger picture... THE ILLUMINATI!

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 3

I'm sorry, but the only thing I got out of this topic is apparently Greg is/was a member here... as the account hasn't been used since April of 2013 as it seems when this post was made regarding Bionicle's return... He may no longer come here as a poster.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I'm sorry, but the only thing I got out of this topic is apparently Greg is/was a member here... as the account hasn't been used since April of 2013 as it seems when this post was made regarding Bionicle's return... He may no longer come here as a poster.

Yes, he used to be a member of this forum for a while. But that stopped around 2010 or so? On account of some policies Lego put into place, I believe, which restricted what sites employees could join? Something along those lines. He hasn't really come here for a long time.

• Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

Yes, he used to be a member of this forum for a while. But that stopped around 2010 or so? On account of some policies Lego put into place, I believe, which restricted what sites employees could join? Something along those lines. He hasn't really come here for a long time.

That's pretty cool, Greg having a BZP account I mean. It's weird though, he doesn't have a profile image. (not that it matters or anything.)

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I think I remember hearing about this new rule elsewhere. May explain why most of the ask Greg answers are off the Lego community website... Lego has no rules against employees having accounts on their own websites... Something along the integrity or ethics clause. Or plainly to prevent bias or favoritism down the line... It would be like me working at two different grocery stores at the same time... While the idea is to drive sales and thus have people come back and spend all their money, having two competing jobs is an ethics nightmare... So it is just not allowed.

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I think I remember hearing about this new rule elsewhere. May explain why most of the ask Greg answers are off the Lego community website... Lego has no rules against employees having accounts on their own websites... Something along the integrity or ethics clause. Or plainly to prevent bias or favoritism down the line... It would be like me working at two different grocery stores at the same time... While the idea is to drive sales and thus have people come back and spend all their money, having two competing jobs is an ethics nightmare... So it is just not allowed.

Actually I'm pretty sure Greg said it was because of some COPPA stuff that made him unable to talk to people under 13 or something. And BZPower has no age-verification, so yeah.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Actually I'm pretty sure Greg said it was because of some COPPA stuff that made him unable to talk to people under 13 or something. And BZPower has no age-verification, so yeah.

Well that's possible. I am not sure what age has to do with it seeing as how it is a kids toy company. It is not like he was soliciting adult content and could accidently be talking to a minor. Not knowing the exact reason I was merely speculating as to why.

Onua.png

Well I want to throw my two cents in this conversation as I was a former Employee of the Lego group for 3.5 years and in my time as an employee I knew about the "great return"  for several years and couldn't even mention anything about its glorious return. Its a typical Lego trait to announce or "Leak" information to the public to hype the release or drive sales based on the information making the circuit. Not to mention the Employees, well the ones in Lego Brand retail, usually know whats going on long before anything is publicly announced. Long story short Yes its not uncommon for Lego to accidentally let info out, also as a former Employee we couldn't join forums and talk about upcoming products until its publicly announced or even if its "leaked". I was a Shift Supervisor at one of the LBR brand stores and also the Entertainment locations are another division of the company those people might not know information like LBR members because I was hired through Lego Cooperate. I don't work for LBR anymore so now I can talk about things and sell Lego as much as I want. 

• Upvote 1

Please visit my Flickr at www.flickr.com/tfg1_grimlock for my photography and MOCs.

Please visit my Instagram at www.instagram.com/tfg1_grimlock for other Lego Posts.

Well that's possible. I am not sure what age has to do with it seeing as how it is a kids toy company. It is not like he was soliciting adult content and could accidently be talking to a minor. Not knowing the exact reason I was merely speculating as to why.

It's not just possible, it's the actual reason. Regardless of the fact that LEGO makes toys, there are still policies, rules, and in this case laws on how companies or sites can interact with children online.

OpAXNpl.jpg

It's not just possible, it's the actual reason. Regardless of the fact that LEGO makes toys, there are still policies, rules, and in this case laws on how companies or sites can interact with children online.

Regarding that yes there are age restrictions per Lego Standards.

Please visit my Flickr at www.flickr.com/tfg1_grimlock for my photography and MOCs.

Please visit my Instagram at www.instagram.com/tfg1_grimlock for other Lego Posts.

Well I never knew there was a high age cutoff where kids were too young to play with legos, or otherwise Lego did not want to sell to them. I've been playing with legos for as long as I can remember. When I was 6 or 7 I got a semi truck set I build from Lego. Though that article, (thanks for posting that by the way), that the internal structure was being changed. Also it is talking about 3rd party media... So basically anything that is not Lego.com and it's direct company sites. Sadly that means us...

Onua.png

Well I never knew there was a high age cutoff where kids were too young to play with legos, or otherwise Lego did not want to sell to them. I've been playing with legos for as long as I can remember. When I was 6 or 7 I got a semi truck set I build from Lego. Though that article, (thanks for posting that by the way), that the internal structure was being changed. Also it is talking about 3rd party media... So basically anything that is not Lego.com and it's direct company sites. Sadly that means us...

There's a difference between "kids making a monetary transaction for a toy" and "kids interacting with Lego's adult employees on sites which Lego itself can't moderate". While we all know that Greg and other Lego employees are generally trustworthy, Lego is right to cover their bases to shield themselves from any sort of suspicion of wrongdoing. It has nothing to do with saying kids can't play with Lego or buy it, and kids have been doing so for years and years without needing to interact with anyone on the design or story teams.

Lego employees can still interact with the public on sites that have age restrictions without falling afoul of this policy, but unfortunately BZPower failed to find any way to allow this without restricting users under the age of thirteen from joining. So currently BZPower's interaction with Lego employees is limited to in-person events like conventions, and interviews and similar articles which use age-verified staff as a sort of proxy, allowing them to grill Lego employees for questions and share the answers with BZP's entire userbase.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

The Bionicle fandom during the downtime reminded me of the Hoenn fandom in Pokemon; even the tiniest hint, or something that could be warped into a hint, would be used

Too bad there weren't any BIONICLE CONFIRMED memes during Hero Factory's run haha :P

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!