Best and Worst of Bonkle Summer 2015(Poll)

McNugget

Worst and Best Summer 2015 sets  

77 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which one is best or worst? and why?

My opinion is

Best: Mask Maker Vs. Skull Grinder, MoC, Ekimu, Giant 3 sided sword, awesome bones, good colors, MORE HAMMERS!, trans-light-blue Gattling gun!

Worst: Skull Slicer, Reuse of skull spider(not colored new either!), 4 arms :???: , 2 of them driven by gear system (may i add both on the same side ), ONLY good thing is the bone peices

Edited by Dragon11603

For best?

Hard to say based on images alone. I find that my opinion of sets will change once I have assembled them myself, as it has with LoSS. For all I know, Skull Grinder could be terrible. But right now from images and the like, I think Ekimu vs Skull Grinder is the best, although that's not saying much considering that it kind of has an unfair advantage over the other sets due to being packaged with Ekimu. So, if we don't count EvsSG, then I'd say the best is Skull Basher due to the new function (if it works well) and probably the best colours of the four smaller skulls. And if we're going by how well they pull off the spooky skeleton theme, then I'd say Skull Warrior is the best. 

For worst? I wouldn't call any of them worst. Sure, Skull Scorpio may not be immediately appealing. But that set is more about the function, less about the posability. It already has the claws, and tails, and while it could do with more posability, giving all the legs the posability of a standard CCBS leg (feet, knee, top of leg) may result in too much posability (too much posability can result in an unwieldy set IMO). For Skull Scorpio, I'll reserve judgement until I know how well the function works. 

Skull Slicer is then the most underwhelming for me. Not bad, just decent, but all the other humanoid skull guys pull off the skeleton theme better. Though, if I was a kid, I would think Skull Slicer's four arms would be absolutely awesome, as it's not everyday you see four arms on a set's body.

• Upvote 2

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Choose Skull Slicer as the worst of the summer wave, that reused Skill Spider mask just ruins the set. Still going to get 'em, though.

The best is obviously Mask Maker Vs. Skull Grinder. But if you're talking individual sets, I guess it's a tie between Skull Basher and Skull Warrior.

Edited by The Bone-Snatcher

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Well for worst ...I guess Mask Maker Vs. Skull Grinder; it's going to be utterly obnoxious when it gets to Australia...

As for the best... well Skull Grinder itself could be really cool (could!), although I doubt I will be anything less than thrilled with Ekimu other than the price.

Skull Warrior seems to speak to me, this one does seem to encapsulate the undead feel - the cold does help, I like that they've given a decent ranged weapon, whilst this one may be the most generic of them, it doesn't seem boring to me, could be cannon fodder or awesome "assassin", the colouring also seems great to me (somehow the orange and blue doesn't make me go off on a rant...)

I know Skull Slicer has the reused Mask from Wave 1, but with the extra limbs I feel it works (although not just because of that), plenty of translucent green which I love, & whilst the function here might be a letdown for many I feel that the extra limbs and the decaying asymmetry make up for it; to my understanding it's still got two moving limbs no? (on one side yes, but reinforcing the asymmetry which lines up with their 'nature' IMO)

Whilst seeing the mask in a different colour would have been preferred, I think that would've clashed to much without changing them all a fair bit; & well as Skull Warrior captures "undeath" for me, Skull Slicer screams spider. 

Skull Basher looks like a great set all around: aesthetically pleasing to me: well balanced, a nice mix of colours, proportional and not generic; the function is great - I mean even if it doesn't work out as such, I'm glad they're aiming for that sort of technical diversity. Has many of those new shells I like...

& we all know how Skull Scorpio is for posing, but Technic pieces! functionality! Bony, & yucky colours ... which I think work for it and look good, and honestly he looks like a good investment for parts, as with all of them my main complaint is the price‽ He's got claws, and well considering he's basically undead I don't see the gaps as an issue,, just parts, parts, parts! :3

Wave 2 has plenty of variation within it which I think is great. sure it's more likely to run into 'issues', but hey; trial and error.

Oh and with PoF, Tahu, LoSS, & (MMv)SG, there seems to be a lot more reddish pieces than others...

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Worst: They're all pretty disappointing. Not bad, just disappointing. The colors are kind of cool, but when you put both trans blue and trans orange together... why would you even think of doing that in the first place? Skull Warrior has my vote as worst.

Best: Well of course for all the collectible/usable parts, Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder. So many parts, and so many new or exclusive parts at that!

Ack crud you put worst on top and best on bottom, what's wrong with you

Now it looks like I love Scorpio and hate the Mask Maker which isn't true ;__;

Haha I saw that and I just thought: "this peep be trollin"

But yeah, anyone who doesn't answer MMvsSG for Best is wrong. Though as Eye Hat Pants said, it does have kind of an unfair advantage due to being a two pack, and with Ekimu and the MoCr at that. Ignoring these guys though, Warrior is probably my favorite. 

Least favorite is Scorpio. The function sounds fun (I was going to say looks fun, but no, it looks terrible) but it's just such an underdeveloped design, with awkward colors and just...it just does not look good. I wish it was a bigger set so it could have been filled out more. It's not very appealing as it is.

That being said...between his lame Skull Spider mask and only half his arms being geared, Skull Slicer is also angling for that position pretty hard.

Edited by farmstink buttlass
  • Upvote 1

AXKP5KC.png

Oh no! I completely mixed up my votes! I put my best as worst and vice versa!  D:

Anyways, Skull Basher is my favorite as a single standalone figure. As much as I like Ekimu, Skull Grinder or whatnot looks a little less solid.

And Slicer is just a shame... I don't meant to be inconsiderate towards the designers who work hard, but Slicer just offers nothing good...

Best: Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder. It looks like I'm not the only one with this opinion either. :P

Worst: Based on the pictures we've seen of them alone, I'd have to say Skull Slicer. That may change when better pictures of them are released.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Skull Scopio is actually unique compared to the other sets. All of the Skull [insert intimidating name here] are fairly similar to each other and yes, Scopio has drawbacks, but in comparison, Slicer is so bad. The only good thing is 4 arms...other than that, it just looks the worst of the bunch. Easily. It never had a chance. It's biggest weakness aside from the skull spider mask is just that bad color scheme. While the same could be said about all of them, this one is the worst.

The Mask Maker set is pretty good. But my vote went to Skull Warrior. Why? That is a great set because you have 2 weapons. Skull Warrior just gives me the vibe of a Dark Hunter. Anyone else feel this? I mean he's not a Dark Hunter of old, but the fact he has a sword and a bow gives him an assassin vibe and with that, Dark Hunter! I very much like this one!

• Upvote 1

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I really want to like Scorpio, but... I can't. I literally have never seen such an abhorrent-looking function. That earwig tail had better put the Bohrok headsmash to shame, because it's got a ton of compensating to do for that humanoid face and halfhearted palps. Skull Basher is cool.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Best: Ekimu vs Skull Grinder. 

Both Ekimu and Skellington man look nice, with consistent colour schemes. The set also comes with three masks so that's cool, including the Mask of Creation. The green on Ekimu's Protector mask is a little weird though.

Worst: Skull Scorpio

This set is a mess, that's all I can say about it. The legs are stuck in place and can't move at all, and the "tail" looks like a big lump of scaffolding got glued to the back of a spider, even if it does have an interesting function. 

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Best: Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder, because it has Ekimu, the Mask of Creation, and the Skull Grinder looks epic! I love his giant claw-like weapon. It looks awesome!:)

Worst: Skull Scorpio, because his legs are of one piece each. Plus, he has six legs instead of eight, as a regular scorpion should have. His tail also seems too big and chunky for him. I mean, how can he move around with that giant thing? It seems too heavy for him. He could have been smashed by his own tail accidentally.:P Wish he had eight bendable legs and a skinnier and less heavy tail. I like the claws on his arms and the claw on the tip of his tail, however. I feel that he just needs some improvement. But, he likes kind of cool and menacing, overall.:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Plus, he has six legs instead of eight, as a regular should have. 

...Since when do Insectoid Bionicles have the "correct" amount of limbs? ;)

But yeah otherwise all fair points, having even a single joint on each leg would've been great IMO

• Upvote 1

Both Ekimu and Skellington man look nice, with consistent colour schemes. The set also comes with three masks so that's cool, including the Mask of Creation. The green on Ekimu's Protector mask is a little weird though.

This set is a mess, that's all I can say about it. The legs are stuck in place and can't move at all, and the "tail" looks like a big lump of scaffolding got glued to the back of a spider, even if it does have an interesting function. 

Ekimus mask is gold and blue actually

And I kinda like skull scorpio, 

My order 1 to 5, 1 being the best

1. MM vs SG

2. SB

3. Skull Scorpio

4. SW

5. Skull slicer

Edited by Dragon11603
  • Upvote 1

Best: Mask Maker vs. Skull Grinder, because it has Ekimu, the Mask of Creation, and the Skull Grinder looks epic! I love his giant claw-like weapon. It looks awesome!:)

Worst: Skull Scorpio, because his legs are of one piece each. Plus, he has six legs instead of eight, as a regular scorpion should have. His tail also seems too big and chunky for him. I mean, how can he move around with that giant thing? It seems too heavy for him. He could have been smashed by his own tail accidentally.:P Wish he had eight bendable legs and a skinnier and less heavy tail. I like the claws on his arms and the claw on the tip of his tail, however. I feel that he just needs some improvement. But, he likes kind of cool and menacing, overall.:)

He's not a regular scorpion. He's a... scorpio.

1. MM vs SG

2. SB

3. Skull Scorpio

4. SW

5. Skull slicer

His mask has a bit of green on it.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

1. MM vs SG

2. SB

3. Skull Scorpio

4. SW

5. Skull slicer

His mask has a bit of green on it.

That might be just the result of a tint, or it may be because of the yellow/gold mixed with blue creating green results. I'll have to look more closely at the picture.

• Upvote 1

Worst is Skull Scorpio for me, that villain just does not make any sense

Best is Skull Warrior. I love the trans-light blue and trans-orange combo (reminds me of the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device haha), and the bow is pretty cool, too

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

• Upvote 1

It's possible he might have a 'feature' to ungear some of his arms for better posability or something, like the early G1 sets. Even though we don't really need it with the improved friction the new gearboxes offer.

Edited by I HATE PUNS.
  • Upvote 2

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

I don't like to complain about new sets. These are still better than no sets at all.

Mask Maker & Skull Grinder is the only one up to the quality of the winter sets.

Skull Warrior and Skull Slicer both suffer from being the standard hero factory build, but with so little of the armour that would make it look good. The armour is very little and deliberately aymmetrical. The designers honestly thought it looked better that way.
Both have unappealing colour schemes, (bright trans colour with mixed greys and silvers) and then trans orange on top of that. 

Both also have, on all of their knees an elbosw, they loose wrist ball joint insead of the guided one-direction ball joint that has been standard for knees since the Rakshi. New Pohatu has elbows like that and they're hard to pose in a way that looks good because elbows don't bend that way.

Skull Basher is the best of the smaller sets solely on the merit that he is symmetrical. He also has the relatively least offensive colour scheme and the good elbows (but bad knees).

There isn't a single set here that wouldn't look better with more armour instead of those bare bone parts. Or even old bionicle limbs which have some character to them rather than these plain, smoothe sticks.

Skull scorpio has all the sins of the first two, and also a big, akward weapon and no articulation in his legs whasoever.

Either Skul slicer or Scorpio has possibly the least appealing colour scheme of any Bionicle set ever before. Two clashing bright trans colours and mixed shades of grey and silver. I can't decide which green is poorer.

Ekimu is perfect- he's exctly what was expected and he's great. The Big guy is the only villain which feels like he uses those armour-incompatible bone parts for the look of them rather than as an excuse not to have more arour pieces.

Again, I'd rather have these than no sets at all. They all have cool masks and armour, but it's to bad that the best part about most of these sets is the parts I'm going to use to build something else.

Ekimu vs. Skull Grinder is going to be one of the best sets ever for obvious reasons. At first I didn't like Ekimu being a shrimp with a generic Protector mask but then I remembered that he's fighting for his mask and possibly his life, which gives the set a sense of urgency.

Skull Scorpio on the other hand has to be the ugliest, laziest, most abrasive set I've ever seen. If I ever gave the LOSS any flak this guy gets it ten times over for being so generic and lame. Those legs remind me of some happy meal Transformer legs. Basher and Warrior look kind of cool, though.

Lara Croft

Tomb Raider Cliff Climbing

Ekimu vs. Skull Grinder is going to be one of the best sets ever for obvious reasons. At first I didn't like Ekimu being a shrimp with a generic Protector mask but then I remembered that he's fighting for his mask and possibly his life, which gives the set a sense of urgency.

Skull Scorpio on the other hand has to be the ugliest, laziest, most abrasive set I've ever seen. If I ever gave the LOSS any flak this guy gets it ten times over for being so generic and lame. Those legs remind me of some happy meal Transformer legs. Basher and Warrior look kind of cool, though.

Could Skull Scorpio be said as the WORST Constraction set ever? The worst Lego set ever!?

cringe

Could Skull Scorpio be said as the WORST Constraction set ever? The worst Lego set ever!?

Absolutely not! I'd still buy all of these sets 3 times each even if I could get all of the Stars sets for free. Skull Scorpio looks cooler than LoSS at first glance and I'll probably pick him and Skull Warrior up first at the time of release! I'm not just providing a counter argument, but there is a reason this wave looks cool: The skull villains in this wave are obviously decayed and we're getting sets which have a skeletal feel. This is intentional and while the color schemes seem random right now, I'm actually excited for these sets to be released. As for Skull Scorpio having fixed legs...He has fixed legs, BUT he also has posable arms, posable pincers, mask popping function and some function in that tail. That's more than the Nui Jaga had! Yes, the Nui Jaga's legs could "move" but how useful was that movement in reality? And it's also more pose able than the Stars sets AND it has a FUNCTION! All of you people who loved the 01-03 years who say that these sets aren't good, just remember, these sets have similar functions in an updated time/system with more posable parts than those original sets. Just think about this.

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

Best: Definitely Mask Maker vs Skull Grinder. I mean... it comes with Ekimu (with a play function!), a pretty cool Skull guardian and the freakin Mask of Creation. There is a lot of bang for your buck. 

Worst: Skull Slicer... just because I'm not huge on it's skinniness. Regardless, it's not to say it's a bad set. I think the quadruple gear function is super innovative.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I honestly really dislike Basher. they all have a sort of bare look without the armor but Basher has a weird patchwork of heavily armored and complete lack of armor. no flow whatsoever. Plus the horns are kind of wonky. im not too fond of Slicer either but at least he commits to the slender look (ew@ no armor though)

Warrior is pretty cool imo, he rocks the uneven look unlike Basher on account of the asymmetry. i'd go Grinder vs Ekimu because of Ekimu alone but im not sold on Grinder

Going with Scorpio as the worst. Not because of "anatomical incorrectness" or whatever, there is just literally nothing about him that I find enjoyable. 

It was a toss-up between Grinder/Ekimu and Warrior. I'm a big fan of sets that come with two characters, and of course the MoCr as well as what looks to be two decently built figures is a plus, but there is something that I oddly love about Warrior. 

Edited by VBBN