Star Wars Constraction Sets

fishers64

Isn't [star Wars constraction sets] a bit off topic for here? I'd be happy to make a new topic down in Lego Discussion for this...

I'm just waiting for constraction size lightsabers...

This. Plus also we get a non-bootleg Darth-Vader helmet. We can now make replicas of the Rahagvaders out of legit Lego pieces now lol.

Isn't that a bit off topic for here? I'd be happy to make a new topic down in Lego Discussion for this...

Go right ahead.

So we have Star Wars contraction sets coming for the summer. This press release gives us some of the details, including the price ($19.99 USD). IMO this suggests they are banking on the brand name to charge a premium, but the sets may be worth the price. This news article tells us who will be featured: 

Yes, you read that right: LEGO Star Wars is getting constructible action figures this year. Visitors of the LEGO booth at Toy Fair Nuremberg were allowed to see the LEGO Star Wars 2015 line-up but not to take pictures, so text reports are all we've got but they coincide in that we will get six constraction sets of LEGO Star Wars characters, namely Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Jango or Boba Fett (there are conflicting statements on this), Commander Cody, Obi-Wan from The Clone Wars and General Grievous. With the release of LEGO Star Wars VII later this year, I can see these selling like hot cakes. Here's hoping those without a helmet will look less jarring than the Joker figure from 2012...

View the full article

What do you think? Go!

• Upvote 1

Isn't [star Wars constraction sets] a bit off topic for here? I'd be happy to make a new topic down in Lego Discussion for this...

I'm just waiting for constraction size lightsabers...

This. Plus also we get a non-bootleg Darth-Vader helmet. We can now make replicas of the Rahagvaders out of legit Lego pieces now lol.

Isn't that a bit off topic for here? I'd be happy to make a new topic down in Lego Discussion for this...

Go right ahead.

So we have Star Wars contraction sets coming for the summer. This press release gives us some of the details, including the price ($19.99 USD). IMO this suggests they are banking on the brand name to charge a premium, but the sets may be worth the price. This news article tells us who will be featured: 

Yes, you read that right: LEGO Star Wars is getting constructible action figures this year. Visitors of the LEGO booth at Toy Fair Nuremberg were allowed to see the LEGO Star Wars 2015 line-up but not to take pictures, so text reports are all we've got but they coincide in that we will get six constraction sets of LEGO Star Wars characters, namely Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Jango or Boba Fett (there are conflicting statements on this), Commander Cody, Obi-Wan from The Clone Wars and General Grievous. With the release of LEGO Star Wars VII later this year, I can see these selling like hot cakes. Here's hoping those without a helmet will look less jarring than the Joker figure from 2012...

View the full article

What do you think? Go!

With half of this year's Toa at the $19.99 price point (and working WONDERS with the freedom that offers), I don't understand why so many people seem to think that the Star Wars sets won't be worth that price. Maybe they'll offer slightly fewer pieces, on account of the specialized head molds we'll undoubtedly get (after all, specialized molds amount to more of the "inflated price" of Star Wars sets than the license itself), but the Super Heroes constraction sets were pretty substantial for the most part, so I would expect the Star Wars sets to be even moreso.

In any case, I expect we'll see pictures from New York Toy Fair.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Here's hoping Grievous is as awesome as possible.

Grevious just slipped my mind....grevious will undoubtedly work best as a constraction set.

EDIT: Now... just to take Skull Slicer's gear system and slap it on Grievous... please do it Lego.

Edited by MitriX75
  • Upvote 2

"It's got a great defense mechanism... you don't dare kill it..."

alien_isolation_6_0.jpg

I can't wait to see Grevious, and I agree that he'd be the most fitting for this theme. The problem is, it's hard to tell what will be done with characters like Luke and Obi-Wan. They don't really wear armor or such, so bulking them up with that price range can result in some strange looks, like the Super Hero constraction sets.

Grevious just slipped my mind....grevious will undoubtedly work best as a constraction set.

EDIT: Now... just to take Skull Slicer's gear system and slap it on Grievous... please do it Lego.

I dunno if I'd like Skull Slicer's function on Grievous, honestly.  I'd prefer the set to be designed so that it has two arms that can split into four, and if happens then the function would only work in four-arm mode.  I'm not sure how best a function would be integrated into a Grievous model, if at all, because for me the #1 priority is the double-arm functionality.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I can't wait to see Grevious, and I agree that he'd be the most fitting for this theme. The problem is, it's hard to tell what will be done with characters like Luke and Obi-Wan. They don't really wear armor or such, so bulking them up with that price range can result in some strange looks, like the Super Hero constraction sets.

The Obi-Wan set is presumably the Clone Wars version, who does wear armor, at least some. Unless they do the season 3 version...

But yeah, who knows.

AXKP5KC.png

The Obi-Wan set is presumably the Clone Wars version, who does wear armor, at least some. Unless they do the season 3 version...

But yeah, who knows.

Ah, true, I forgot about that. But either way, it's not very bulky armor and CCBS tends to give a very bulky appearance, so who knows, we'll have to see. I'm sure there might be some new armor parts for these guys...

General Grevious will be mine, I tell you. MINE!  :evilbiggrin:

(Sorry, I'm just excited for his set. :P)

He will probably be the only one of these that I get, though if Vader looks cool enough I might get him as well.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I dunno if I'd like Skull Slicer's function on Grievous, honestly.  I'd prefer the set to be designed so that it has two arms that can split into four, and if happens then the function would only work in four-arm mode.  I'm not sure how best a function would be integrated into a Grievous model, if at all, because for me the #1 priority is the double-arm functionality.

And how do you think they'd go about achieving that?

I'll also bring up another important question. Will gears be bionicle exclusive or will they be commonplace in constraction now?

"It's got a great defense mechanism... you don't dare kill it..."

alien_isolation_6_0.jpg

And how do you think they'd go about achieving that?

I'll also bring up another important question. Will gears be bionicle exclusive or will they be commonplace in constraction now?

Probably with either four identical slim arms or two "big" arms and two "small" arms, and then they connect together either with pins or axles to become two arms.  They could use the new bone-bone pieces that are coming in the summer BIONICLE sets.

As for gear functions, some might fit better than others.  Sets with lightsabers would probably be more likely to have gears than sets like Mr. Fett or Cody, who seem more likely to have a blaster function.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

Wow, after seeing some images from New York Toy Fair, I can see that these are even better than I expected! Lego was smart to make Luke wear his Episode 6 suit, because it required so few recolors. I'm liking the look of those new lower-leg armor parts, and I can't wait to see the other figures! :D

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

The new sets (at least, the ones we've seen so far) look fantastic. They seem moderately complex, like the Bionicle 2015 sets, and definitely seem to do their $20 price point justice. And in terms of parts, they seem to offer some very interesting options. New shells, molded heads (which look a lot better than the Super Heroes ones), and Luke even has a Light Nougat hand (which gives me hope that we might one day see Constraction sets for a theme like Elves).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm sure BZP will have its own pictures up later, but Toyark has some now. Looks like only Luke and Vader were on display there too.

Really, really want to see a Grievous heh.

Luke does look better than I thought he would, but still doesn't blow me away nearly as much as Vader. Being the insane Star Wars and constraction fan that I am, I'm sure they'll both end up in my hands, but it's Vader I'm truly excited for right now.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I wonder if Darth Vader's head is two parts? I'm thinking a grey head like Luke's except with connection points for the helmet to be attached. Might make more new molds than Lego would want, but it would make the set even more awesome!

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Do you think it's possible they might have a gearbox?

Luke at least doesn't seem to.  I'm not surprised, because while they're fine on BIONICLE's robot-like characters it'd probably look weird to have a bunch of gears inside a human character's shoulders.  Vader might, given that he has more room to integrate it better, but I doubt it.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I'm curious if Cody and Mr. Fett will have some method of"removing" their helmets, either with a helmet piece that goes over the head or with an extra head that can swap out.  Conceivably they'd only need to make one additional piece for that, since both Boba and the clones are, well, clones of Jango.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I'm curious if Cody and Mr. Fett will have some method of"removing" their helmets, either with a helmet piece that goes over the head or with an extra head that can swap out.  Conceivably they'd only need to make one additional piece for that, since both Boba and the clones are, well, clones of Jango.

I've been wondering about this for a while now, though with all helmeted figures,

Looks like Luke has some Technic in his upper legs... plus a pair of handcuffs and a spare lightsaber. I haven't watched the movie in a while, but did either of those actually appear?

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

I've been wondering about this for a while now, though with all helmeted figures,

Well, the only other helmeted figure is Vader, and his helmet isn't really meant to come off.  Cody and Fett can take off their helmets (and do, depending on the situation) but Vader relies on his for survival.

Looks like Luke has some Technic in his upper legs... plus a pair of handcuffs and a spare lightsaber. I haven't watched the movie in a while, but did either of those actually appear?

The TECHNIC is probably there to fill the limbs in a bit because of the way CCBS shells are open in the back.  Can't say much for the extra saber and handcuffs, though.

Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

The handcuffs are from Episode 6 when Luke surrendered to the imperial forces so he could try to turn Vader to the light side.

• Upvote 2

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.