Star Wars Constraction Sets

fishers64

Some interesting designs. Very streamlined. The constraction line has come a long way...

-NotS

I actually have that 8001 Battle Droid set. Though I used its part to build something else that is somewhere in my room....

But anyways, you're right. The line have come a long way. Hopefully Greivous and the other constarctions sets not yet revealed will be just as good as Luke and Vader.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

• 1 month later...

Dunno if this topic's past its expiration date, but photos of both General Grievous and Obi-Wan Kenobi have been posted: https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/588357043670487041

Both of 'em look really cool. And Obi-Wan has new shoulder parts!!

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Dunno if this topic's past its expiration date, but photos of both General Grievous and Obi-Wan Kenobi have been posted: https://twitter.com/LEGO_Group/status/588357043670487041

Both of 'em look really cool. And Obi-Wan has new shoulder parts!!

Awesome! Look at General Greivous, he's using the Bionicle Skull villains' torso armor. I'm really looking forward to these guys.

4oIeWSz.jpgUhL9N9c.jpg8UUsogq.jpgzIJn7N0.jpg

Hmm, Grievous isn't quite as impressive as he could be, but still pretty cool.  While the fact that he uses both the large and small beast feet is interesting, his legs look oddly bulky.  I also think the feet themselves could be a bit more accurate, but as-is they're pretty neat anyway.  He also seems a bit hollow in the shoulder area.  I am glad, however, that he does have the arm-splitting ability and a reasonably accurate head.

Oh, also, TAN SHELLS YES MY CCBS POHATU REMAKE WILL RISE.

OpAXNpl.jpg

I think Grievous's chest could stand to be a little bit beefier, since it's basically the most heavily armored part of his body in the films, but he's got a very creative build for sure. I'm glad his arms can join together, though I can't tell how much doing so limits his articulation. All those Brick Yellow (Tan) elements in both sets are excellent, as are many of Obi-Wan's White elements. Obi-Wan also has a great head sculpt (although I don't mind Luke's either, unlike a lot of people). Overall, this product range continues to impress!

Some interesting designs. Very streamlined. The constraction line has come a long way...

-NotS

I know I'm quoting a 2-month old post here, but on this same note, look at Hero Factory 2.0. The armor plating was gappy, the backs had no armor, and sometimes, like on Furno 2.0, there was no armor on a limb. Fast forward to January 2015, Bionicle comes back and nearly all of Hero Factory's flaws have been fixed. Now, looking towards September, all these sets look like solid action figures, the perfect mix of form and function. This function, of course, is being a build-able and customizable toy. I don't know if I'm going to buy any, because I'm saving up for Bionicles, but they are certainly amazing.

• Upvote 1

Obi-Wan looks the best to me out of the sets I've seen for this so far. That's the girl talking, I think.

Grievous looks crummy and boney. I could get a Skull Villain and a similar build for less money, methinks.

If you look at the source material, though, Grievous looks pretty good. He's supposed to look thin and robotic, and frankly, there's only so much you can cover with armor.

In that respect, he's fine. I just don't like him as much.

Fair enough. To each their own, right? In any case, Obi-Wan looks remarkable, but I want to see what's under his cape. Is it armored, or empty? These are the questions that have to be asked.

Mmmmf, I'm lovin' me some Grievous

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

I'm slight worried about Grievous's legs in particular. While they look cool from the front, they look like they're pretty bare on the back. And is it just me or does his legs seem really thick compared to the rest of his body?

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Cross-posting from the talkback topic:

LEGO has posted a video to their Facebook page showing the General Grievous set from more angles! Looks pretty cool! And it definitely captures his unique posture.

I still think his chest plate should be bigger, but overall I'm quite impressed.

The legs definitely look odd, but I actually sort of like the complexity.  Seems ike there'll be ample room for modifications, and my foot idea won't be too large for it.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Cross-posting from the talkback topic:

LEGO has posted a video to their Facebook page showing the General Grievous set from more angles! Looks pretty cool! And it definitely captures his unique posture.

I still think his chest plate should be bigger, but overall I'm quite impressed.

The legs definitely look odd, but I actually sort of like the complexity.  Seems ike there'll be ample room for modifications, and my foot idea won't be too large for it.

Thanks for cross-posting, and thank you to Aanchir for the video! It look even more spectacular in this render.

I really like how he pulls off the 'simplistic build' better than Skywalker does. Though, I can people mainly getting him for those orange armor add-ons. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I really like how he pulls off the 'simplistic build' better than Skywalker does. Though, I can people mainly getting him for those orange armor add-ons. 

I don't quite get how you feel he pulls it off better than Luke? His torso and shins are considerably gappier than Luke's. The only really positive differences I see are in his shoulders and hips, and the only difference in his hips is the lack of high-friction ball cups, which would be an easy mod in Luke's case.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

I don't quite get how you feel he pulls it off better than Luke? His torso and shins are considerably gappier than Luke's. The only really positive differences I see are in his shoulders and hips, and the only difference in his hips is the lack of high-friction ball cups, which would be an easy mod in Luke's case.

Oh.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Cody looks pretty cool, though I wish the limbs were filled in a bit better like on the others.  Isn't quite as jarring here though, since he's supposed to be in full armor.

Here's hoping Fett gets revealed as well.

Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

Cody looks pretty cool, though I wish the limbs were filled in a bit better like on the others.  Isn't quite as jarring here though, since he's supposed to be in full armor.

Here's hoping Fett gets revealed as well.

I believe LEGO said they'd be revealing all of them during LEGO Star Wars Celebration, so I suppose Jango's reveal is coming tomorrow or the day after.

I imagine Cody could have had better back armor and shin armor if he were bumped up to a $25 set like Obi-Wan. But I guess LEGO wanted more sets on the lower end of the price range. It just sort of puzzles me that Obi-Wan is priced higher than Jango (who we can probably expect to have a jetpack) or Cody (who has a ginormous blaster rifle). I guess Obi-Wan's cape might be part of what bumped up his price. Otherwise he doesn't LOOK that much more complex than Luke. But I guess he must be, since he has a slightly higher piece count than Luke in spite of not having either handcuffs or a blaster.

Edited by Aanchir

Well, would you look at that! I've been waiting for a CCBS/Technic rifle like this. I could give it to Kopaka, and he would use it and his eye-scopes to be an amazing sniper. Seriously though, when will Fett's be revealed? That Mandalorian armor... yum.

I'm wondering, what do you guys call the new armor pieces?

I basically called them Clone Trooper (leg, body and shoulder) Armor, sense they are obviously armor of a clone trooper.

Clone chestplate, "Starwars skinnylegplate", and smooth shoulder shell decoration. :u

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

I think the change with boba would be the leg armor and the upper arm armor would change to light gray (don't know how they would get the orange for the knee), feet would be dark gray, lower armor change to dark red, add-on armor orange and the printing on the clone body armor would change to dark green but don't know what the armor part is going to change to.

and he would have some cape thing on him as well.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

I'mma put the Star Wars figures right next to my Bio2015 sets. I need more space.

te0FrhT.jpg