~T1S~ presents: The Okotomation-Style Creation Kit

The 1st Shadow

Hello, BZ-NUIIIIIII!

(I always wanted to loud-shout that. ;) )

Anyway, a while back, I was asked by my fellow members of the Kanohi Force to draw them in the style of the 2015 BIONICLE animations. I obliged. But then, as I finished working on myself, I realized I could take it a step further. Today, I present to you the newest kit: 

The Okotomation-Style Creation Kit!

(PS, I also bring you the word "Okotomation" :P )

Here are all the various sheets (more to be added)

Mask Sheet (WIP)

Protector Parts Kit (WIP)

Protector Poses (WIP)

UPDATE: I am currently without a proper computer, so I cannot add to this project until that is amended. For now, contributors are welcome. Already, Lewa the Soaring Champion has graciously provided his attempt at Okoto-fying the Noble Kanohi from 2001 (found on page 4 of this topic). If you would like to contribute, feel free to do so. Body kits will be done by me, but if you want to provide things like backgrounds, masks, and accessories, you are more than welcome to. All contributors will receive due credit in this post and have their work added to the official kit.

This entire process is done in MS Paint, using screenshots from the webisodes as reference images (for example, the scene where the Toa are shown getting their gold masks, Lewa is briefly shown removing his green mask before placing the gold one on, exposing his face).

More will be added to that image, so keep checking back for new stuff! :D See ya around, and I hope to start seeing some fun new comics using this in the near future.

(Oh, before I forget, I need help. If you can provide reference images of masks from the front, angle, and side, I would be most appreciative of that. Any weapons or special parts you want me to do, send me a screenshot of it, and I'll try to implement it. Thanks a bunch! :) )

(Another thing, I need backgrounds! If you can make/screenshot some decent backgrounds, then that'd be great! The MNOG kit had backgrounds, but this one isn't as easy to do. If you can help with this, please message me--I'd love to see what you've got!)

UPDATE: 2-19-15--bulky Protector torso and armored shoulder plates added.

2-23-15--Mask of Control added

4-21-15 Vahi added!

As usual, please remember to give credit if you use this kit. When doing so, I'd appreciate it if you include a link back to this topic so that others can have easy access to it. Or, if you have room, put this banner in your sig, and link it back to the topic. :)

okotomationbanner.jpg

Edited by T1Shadow: The Artisan
  • Upvote 13

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Thanks, everyone! :D More will be added as soon as I get around to it.

Now to figure out how to do this...  :???:

Do what? Arrange the parts? Don't worry. :) This is all still in the stages of early production. I'll piece together a bunch of poses once I get more parts done, that way all you have to do is recolor them to your heart's content. :D Recoloring them is fairly easy, since the style only has two definite shades in each component.

Me like. I am already creating people I know as Protectors. 

Due to the animation style, recolouring them is way easier than it is with many Matoran maker sheets. 

I'll be adding the Protector of Fire's torso soon, and the new armor piece used as shoulder pads will follow that, making the Protectors much more accurate. :)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Ah, it's finally here! This looks incredibly accurate and well-made! I'm so gonna use this someday.

I also see you made those tweaks I recommended. They definitely paid off. I can't wait to see more for this!

Thanks! :D 

Yup, I took a look at some of my reference images, and it seems I over-exaggerated the chest armor. Thanks again for pointing that out!

On another note, at Arzaki's request, I've added the beginnings of a color palette, as well as two new hand gestures. You can now give your buddy a high five!

t1sgukky.png

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Nice! I'd like to mention that Tahu, Onua and Ekimu's faces have also been glimpsed, if you'd like to add more face options.

Were they? I know the Toa's foreheads were shown briefly in the scene where they all don their golden masks, but Lewa is the only one where I've seen the full face. If you can get some clear images, I'd love to see them. :) That way I can make any adjustments to the kit if need be.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

What about PoE's torso?

Good job, by the way, this is wonderful, I managed to make the protector of Iron* using this,

*Man

The Protector of Earth has the same torso as the Protector of Fire in animated form. The only difference is that the design in the center/front is replaced by six dots that represent the blaster. 

See this image.

Would have been nice to have a special torso for each, but they did this for simplicity's sake.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

The Protector of Earth has the same torso as the Protector of Fire in animated form. The only difference is that the design in the center/front is replaced by six dots that represent the blaster. 

See this image.

Would have been nice to have a special torso for each, but they did this for simplicity's sake.

Well dang, that's less int'resting,

Looks like I see 3 possible torsos. You have the single version as seen with Ice, Jungle, Stone, Water. Then you have Fire's wider chest armor not unlike Ekimu/Makutas. Followed lastly by a modified Fire for Earth's chest blaster.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Looks like I see 3 possible torsos. You have the single version as seen with Ice, Jungle, Stone, Water. Then you have Fire's wider chest armor not unlike Ekimu/Makutas. Followed lastly by a modified Fire for Earth's chest blaster.

Correct. However, I think I'll leave Earth out because of how similar it is to the Fire torso. If there's a really high demand for it, then I'll make one. Otherwise, I suspect users of the kit will opt for modding the Fire torso on their own if they need it. 

On that note, I'll just make a single plate that can be pasted over top that carries the image of Earth's blaster, so that users can switch them out whenever they feel a need to. It'll save space, for one thing. :P

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Wow! This is just fantastic! Thanks for making this. I've made a few villagers, such as my self, Stars Tahu (Okoto Villager Build), and Jala.

For those purposes, I will be working on the Toa Masks next. However, I need some good reference images from all angles of them all. If anyone is willing to get me some screenshots from the webisodes, I'd be happy to get to work on them.

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Wow! This is just fantastic! Thanks for making this. I've made a few villagers, such as my self, Stars Tahu (Okoto Villager Build), and Jala.

For those purposes, I will be working on the Toa Masks next. However, I need some good reference images from all angles of them all. If anyone is willing to get me some screenshots from the webisodes, I'd be happy to get to work on them.

Here's a side view of Tahu. http://i.ytimg.com/vi/uujQJ9TZ220/maxresdefault.jpg  

I suggest trying Scratch. On Scratch.mit.edu, it's easier to modify them, because you can make one sprite, with all the componets being moveable. You have to put the sprite painter on vector mode in order to do that.

Vote in the 2016 Set Poll! 3 Votes Maximum. http://strawpoll.me/6685187/r

I suggest trying Scratch. On Scratch.mit.edu, it's easier to modify them, because you can make one sprite, with all the componets being moveable. You have to put the sprite painter on vector mode in order to do that.

Thanks for that! So far, Paint is working well for the basic poses, but I'll look into the Scratch thing when I get a chance. :D

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Neat! If I ever start making Bionicle comics, I might just use this!

Also, you might find this useful for Tahu's mask. It was posted on the official Lego Bionicle Facebook page.

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Neat! If I ever start making Bionicle comics, I might just use this!

Also, you might find this useful for Tahu's mask. It was posted on the official Lego Bionicle Facebook page.

Yeah, I've got that one. Varova reminded me of it when I asked him about expressions and masks. What's most important is images from the side and angle, as I have that group shot of them all from the front that was shown at Comic Con.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Thanks for that! So far, Paint is working well for the basic poses, but I'll look into the Scratch thing when I get a chance. :D

I agree. I just wish there was a transparent background for MS Paint.............

Vote in the 2016 Set Poll! 3 Votes Maximum. http://strawpoll.me/6685187/r

Do what? Arrange the parts? Don't worry. :) This is all still in the stages of early production. I'll piece together a bunch of poses once I get more parts done, that way all you have to do is recolor them to your heart's content. :D Recoloring them is fairly easy, since the style only has two definite shades in each component. 

I use a Mac, so I don't have MS Paint. I tried putting the pieces together, but I can't get rid of the white backgrounds on the various parts no matter how hard I try. I also have no idea of how I can add colors without making weird shapes.  :???:

#clueless

I use a Mac, so I don't have MS Paint. I tried putting the pieces together, but I can't get rid of the white backgrounds on the various parts no matter how hard I try. I also have no idea of how I can add colors without making weird shapes.  :???:

#clueless

You might try Gimp. I've never used it, but I'm told it works really well.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I use GIMP for my Recolors. Have not figured out how to make animations on it, but it does have some nice re-color / re-tinting options. It is how I make Doseki here:
3d2cf35b-02e4-4afe-aac8-c3858b1f2e91.png

Also to note is that GIMP offers a transparency option that can allow for cross placing parts for layers kind of how MS paint works in Windows. Also cool for pictures where you want no background and just the item within the image. Wont show up too well hear with the Forum background being white, but it is a nice effect option for sites that use different colors.

• Upvote 1

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

And, before the day was done, I'd completed the various limbs as seen on the Protectors! To show them off is the Protector of Fire!

pofdone.png

New items include the full set of pauldrons for either shoulder, the wrist braces as seen on the PoF and his son, and the Protector of Fire's lower legs, as requested.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Would be awesome if you added the elemental blasters in the kit too. And if I use this do I need to/how should I give credit?  :lookaround: Cause, yea. I'm a noob!  :lol:

I'll work on those, yes. But I'd need some decent screenshots of them in order to replicate the design.

Yes, you should give credit when using anything made by someone else. If you're doing an art project or comics or something like that, then just say "Credit goes to The 1st Shadow for use of the Okotomation Kit."

I'll update the first post with the link and banner.

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

here are some refrance images for the masks of Creation and Controll, as well as Ekimu and Makuta's shoulder armour

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=%2Bekimu+pictures&norw=1&ei=UTF-8&fr2=sp-qrw-orig-top&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=mozilla&tab=organic&ri=6

Hello, BZ-NUIIIIIII!

(I always wanted to loud-shout that. ;) )

Anyway, a while back, I was asked by my fellow members of the Kanohi Force to draw them in the style of the 2015 BIONICLE animations. I obliged. But then, as I finished working on myself, I realized I could take it a step further. Today, I present to you the newest kit: 

The Okotomation-Style Creation Kit!

(PS, I also bring you the word "Okotomation" :P )

So far, I have only done some basic poses for the villagers. Facial expressions and hand gestures are still being worked on, and following that, I will work on the Protector armor (Featuring the specialized style of the PoF, and the new armor addition featured on all the sets).

This entire process is done in MS Paint, using screenshots from the webisodes as reference images (for example, the scene where the Toa are shown getting their gold masks, Lewa is briefly shown removing his green mask before placing the gold one on, exposing his face).

More will be added to that image, so keep checking back for new stuff! :D See ya around, and I hope to start seeing some fun new comics using this in the near future.

(Oh, before I forget, I need help. If you can provide reference images of masks from the front, angle, and side, I would be most appreciative of that. Any weapons or special parts you want me to do, send me a screenshot of it, and I'll try to implement it. Thanks a bunch! :) )

(Another thing, I need backgrounds! If you can make/screenshot some decent backgrounds, then that'd be great! The MNOG kit had backgrounds, but this one isn't as easy to do. If you can help with this, please message me--I'd love to see what you've got!)

UPDATE: 2-19-15--bulky Protector torso and armored shoulder plates added.

As usual, please remember to give credit if you use this kit. When doing so, I'd appreciate it if you include a link back to this topic so that others can have easy access to it. Or, if you have room, put this banner in your sig, and link it back to the topic. :)

okotomationbanner.jpg

You realize that for refrance images you can just, ya know, watch the animations? Or you could just google it. If you google "ekimu" you can find tons of refrance pics for Ekimu's shoulder armmour and the masks of Creation and Controll, which I would like to see in this kit, BTW

You can also just photoshop directly from the refrance images.

here are some refrance images for the masks of Creation and Controll, as well as Ekimu and Makuta's shoulder armour

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?p=%2Bekimu+pictures&norw=1&ei=UTF-8&fr2=sp-qrw-orig-top&hsimp=yhs-001&hspart=mozilla&tab=organic&ri=6

You realize that for refrance images you can just, ya know, watch the animations? Or you could just google it. If you google "ekimu" you can find tons of refrance pics for Ekimu's shoulder armmour and the masks of Creation and Controll, which I would like to see in this kit, BTW

You can also just photoshop directly from the refrance images.

That link is very useless. The images on that Yahoo search are all very small and of very low quality. I need big, HD stuff.

You do realize that in addition to this kit, I have this wonderful thing called "life" that I have to go about doing. I do not always have time to go through the animations frame-by-frame and screenshot every piece that I need references for. Google or any other search engine usually just turns up images that others have posted for various purposes, very few of which are helpful for what I'm doing. 

So, if you want those two masks, then please, go through the animations, fullscreen, and take screenshots of the very specific frame in which the necessary image can be found. Google cannot do this. I could do it, but since those two masks are not my priority right now, I can only work with what I've got thus far (hand gestures, arm/leg poses, and the various angles of those). 

• Upvote 3

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~