~T1S~ presents: The Okotomation-Style Creation Kit

The 1st Shadow

I fixed up the Huna and added a Rau+Mahiki. There's a box of blank kanohi for you to shade if you think I didn't do a good job with my kanohi. 

Nice work! :D I think you got the shading backwards, though. :P The light spot is on the outer edges with this style, but it's an easy fix. I especially like the Rau.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Nice work! :D I think you got the shading backwards, though. :P The light spot is on the outer edges with this style, but it's an easy fix. I especially like the Rau.

The Rau is the easiest kanohi to make because of the fact that its shape is just a simple oval and the details aren't complex in design. The Mahiki and Komau on the other hand, can be considered the most difficult to make because of their asymmetrical design. Regarding the shading, I didn't get it backwards on purpose, I shaded my kanohi with the shadows on the outer edges because your way of shading makes it look like a light source is shining on the kanohi from behind. I also deleted and reuploaded a newer version of my sheet. 

Edited by Liuth

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

The Rau is the easiest kanohi to make because of the fact that its shape is just a simple oval and the details aren't complex in design. The Mahiki and Komau on the other hand, can be considered the most difficult to make because of their asymmetrical design. Regarding the shading, I didn't get it backwards on purpose, I shaded my kanohi with the shadows on the outer edges because your way of shading makes it look like a light source is shining on the kanohi from behind. I also deleted and reuploaded a newer version of my sheet. 

It's not my way. Check the official animations. I'm using that same exact style.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

• 1 month later...

I think that is on T1S, as it is his topic. If he has not had any updates due to other things then I would not expect him to post. With nothing new to post about naturally onlookers wont post in return. It is a devilish chain of cause and effect.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

My god is NOBODY continuing on this topic at all? Nobody has said anything for weeks

I think that is on T1S, as it is his topic. If he has not had any updates due to other things then I would not expect him to post. With nothing new to post about naturally onlookers wont post in return. It is a devilish chain of cause and effect.

Yeah, about that... The full Toa Sheet was in the works, but just yesterday my computer died on me. I have damage coverage, and was able to get a full backup of all the important files. Unfortunately, it means I won't be able to work on anything for a few weeks while it gets shipped out, repaired, and sent back. Sorry for the huge delay, but schoolwork slowed me down and now this. As soon as I'm able, I'll get back to updating this topic, as well as my comics.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

We look forward to your return there T1S. Safe travels to your computer.

• Upvote 1

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Has anyone even thought of making the baby protector?

It might take a resized kit for that. As soon as my computer gets sent back, I can look into doing that. Until then, if someone else wants to give it a shot, based on what I've already done, they're more than welcome to do so. :)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Well I guess that is a good thing. Was there a funeral for your old one? Was it special?

Onua.png

Well I guess that is a good thing. Was there a funeral for your old one? Was it special?

Not really. See, it was a Sony Vaio, and it needed a lot of brand new parts to be repaired. Problem is, Sony sold their laptop division months ago, so those parts are no longer in production. Meaning I have to find an alternative. Looking at Lenovo and HP now, but if anyone has some suggestions, I'm open to it.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Well I am on a dell, though I heard Alienware is also a good choice. I don't know how accurate it is but I've always heard that Dells have to use dell parts specifically. Not sure if that is true of all brands or just theirs. So if that is not really a problem...

Onua.png

Not really. See, it was a Sony Vaio, and it needed a lot of brand new parts to be repaired. Problem is, Sony sold their laptop division months ago, so those parts are no longer in production. Meaning I have to find an alternative. Looking at Lenovo and HP now, but if anyone has some suggestions, I'm open to it.

But to answer Prowl's second question, yes there was a funeral. Me, Shadow, Meyres, and the laptop's close friends attended. It was a truly humbling experience. (JK, totally joking. :P)

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I won't be able to get a new computer for a while, looks like. I'm gonna have to save up at least another $200 for a decent one, which might be another few weeks. Until then, if someone wants to get the jump here and help me with some backgrounds and such (simple Paint-drawn ones, or screenshots from the animations) that'd be great. :)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I'm working on the Matatu now. I should be able to post the sixth version soon. (although I just delete the file I have on brickshelf and reupload the new one with the same name.) backgrounds are pretty difficult, but I could try them out.

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

I'm working on the Matatu now. I should be able to post the sixth version soon. (although I just delete the file I have on brickshelf and reupload the new one with the same name.) backgrounds are pretty difficult, but I could try them out.

Awesome. :D If you think you can give them a try, go for it. Some other sprite kits have pre-designed backgrounds, so one possibility is trying to replicate some of those in a larger format.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Here it is! Version 3 of the sprite sheet! The Matatu and Komau sucked the most, the Ruru turned out okay and I think the Huna is my best one. I hate 3/4 views so much.

kanohi_revamp_v3.png

• Upvote 1

Here it is! Version 3 of the sprite sheet! The Matatu and Komau sucked the most, the Ruru turned out okay and I think the Huna is my best one. I hate 3/4 views so much.

I can see what you mean. The Matatu suffers the worst, I think. But otherwise, you've got the concept down! :D Nice work! I may tweak them a bit once I get my new computer (like the flat spot on the angled Rau), but for the most part, you've got it covered. :)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Very Cool that you two are working together on this. Collaborations can go a long way to improve a project as long as everyone is on the same page.

Onua.png

Oh, more are welcome to contribute while I'm out of commission. :)

Personal suggestion, a post like that would be more likely to get people to contribute on the front page rather than here.

Oh, more are welcome to contribute while I'm out of commission. :)

Personal suggestion, a post like that would be more likely to get people to contribute on the front page rather than here.

I've been forgetting to update the first post. :P I'll do that now.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

kraakhan.png

Me finished work uv ahrt

B-shelf is down at the moment, so I can't see it. But since Lewa says you used just straight black for coloring it in, then I'd suggest using the color template I set up. There should be a "black" color--I basically copied it from the color palette used in the animations.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

• 2 weeks later...

Hooray! Oh yeah, in case you're unaware, there's a trailer revealing the skull villains in their adobe flash glory.

Yup, I've seen it. No decently clear shots just yet, except for the Skull Warrior.

What are you talking about? There are clear shots of Kulta and Skull Slicer ( skull slicers takes a little more effort to find, but it's still pretty easy )

Hooray! Oh yeah, in case you're unaware, there's a trailer revealing the skull villains in their adobe flash glory.

Yup, I've seen it. No decently clear shots just yet, except for the Skull Warrior.

What are you talking about? There are clear shots of Kulta and Skull Slicer ( skull slicers takes a little more effort to find, but it's still pretty easy )

They're moving, and Skull Slicer's not that big of an image.

I could approximate something, but it would take some properly angled and well-timed screenshots.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~