BBC Contest #69: Exo-Toa

LBear

Beautiful model, but the loss of functionality is deeply regrettable, since that was one of the things that made the original Exo-Toa so outstanding in the first place.

There are also many aspects of the model that don't feel all that modernized, such as the upper torso, lower legs and feet. So in that respect, I'm not sure whether it fits the theme of the contest (a 2015 version of a classic character). It is definitely a lovely revamp, though!

• Upvote 7

It's a great build, but I feel that it's a bit too human-like. The exo-toa was more of a robot in appearance, which was what made it unique. 

But if you do some small edits, you could easily pass it off as your own supervillain. 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

Rather disappointing that this great MoC has been entered into a contest it dimply isn't built for. You'd be getting a great deal more positive comments if this had simply been posted as a normal MoC I think!

The lack of CCBS and over-abundance of old-school parts really keep this thing firmaly rooted in Gen 1 as a super cool revamp. Even then it fails to carry out it's sole function as an exo-suit. It's actually in the name that it can go around a toa yet you decided not to include that feature. This then is NOT really an exo-toa at all, rather just a robot... It's a REALLY cool robot, but it isn't an exo-toa and it certainly isn't Gen2 :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!