BBC #69: Krekka and Nidhiki

343Spark

These are my entries into the BBC #69 everything is new contest. I apologize for the bad qualites of the photos, but I have no other way of taking pictures right now.

Entry photo:http://www.bzpower.com/board/gallery/image/789-entry-photo-for-bbc-69/

Nidhiki pose 1: http://www.bzpower.com/board/gallery/image/790-nidhiki/

Nidhiki pose 2: http://www.bzpower.com/board/gallery/image/792-nidhiki-alt-pose/

Krekka pose 1: http://www.bzpower.com/board/gallery/image/791-krekka/

Krekka pose 2:http://www.bzpower.com/board/gallery/image/793-krekka-alt-pose/

2015 story: After both Ekimu and Makuta were gone, a strange beast was seen around Okoto. The beast was indescribable, as those who had seen it had never returned. It was given the name "Krekka". One day, a group of jungle protectors went out to hunt the Krekka, a young villager named Nidhiki decided to join them. After weeks of being away from the tribe, the group finally came across the Krekka,but they were severely unprepared for the beast. The group tried its best to defend themselves, but the most they did was gouge one of its eyes out. In an attemt to survive, Nidhiki ran away, but stumbled into a nest of skull spiders. They latched onto his body, mutating it into a giant, horrifying arachnid creature. Now the two travel throughout the island, hunting for the heroes that search for the golden masks.

Edited by 343Spark
  • Upvote 6

I love the artistic license you took on both of these! A really fresh take on two classic characters. I also like how you tied their background story into the Okoto setting. What I don't like, however, is how undefined Krekka's head looks. I feel a bit more detail, perhaps some more in the way of contrast, would give it a better look. In any case, best of luck to you for this impressive duo!

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Wow, this is only your second post here and I'm absolutely floored! These two look phenomenal! You captured Nidhiki's look really well (even better than the actual set, if you're going by what his movie appearance was haha), I love the torso build. Krekka's re-built head, and the use of Stormer's helmet, are also super well done, too!

It's going to be a really tough contest!

P.S. side note here:your Nidhiki pose 1 link is broken at the moment, but that can easily be fixed in the post editor :)

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Thank you! As soon as I saw that there was a contest to redesign old characters, I immediately thought of these two. I had originally planned to use the metru green Iruni mask, build mandibles out from the mask, and extend the back area of the head; but after almost an hour of not finding any of the parts needed, I settled with tuma's mask. Maybe I could do an updated version after the contest is over though.

Yes!!! Someone finally did it! Great job, they look amazong and they keep their original look and proportions. Tuma's mask is great on Nidhiki, my only complain are these incredibly slim and long arms. Krekka is awesome too, especially the head. You were able to recreate the old feel of Krekka, being massive and bulky, while making him in a new style. I think that some more Dari Blue could have helped a lot though. Nice job, good luck with the contest!

Oh wow, these are amazing. I like Krekka the best; you've really captured his bulk, and I like the new head design you came up with. Stellar! (Although he could've used some more dark blue to be more like the original, but since that color is pretty much non-existent in CCBS, the current scheme you have still works.) Nidhiki has a nice body design, I'm a big fan of the exo-arm ribs. However, his limbs look a little spindly compared to the rest of him, and I think they might have looked nicer bulked up. All the same, the characters are instantly recognizable and look like they'd fit in on Okoto, so awesome job there. Best of luck in the contest!

:music:

Thak you for all of your support! In reply to Petersheikah, I wanted to make Nidhiki fit in with the skeleton theme for the villains for 2015, but with the lack of metru green shells, I had to resort to using agori limbs. Another reason that the arms are so spindly is because even with friction adders, because of the torso build and connection to the abdomen, the upper body sadly wouldn't hold with any more added weight withought causing it to loose balance. To xccj, thinking back on it, I probably should have used the blue shells that surge has. And actually, the ribs are made of the handcuff pieces from the breakout theme of hero factory.

These look really great (despite the terrible photos :D) Nidhiki's torso is great and I think everything from the waist up is a vast improvement over the original. I can't help but feel the lgs are too spindly underneath all that newly added bulk though, would have been nice to see them us CCBS too. 

I think Krekka looks good too, especially proportions wise. It's quite hard to make him out properly in the current photos though, especially with all that white. I would have probably suggested that using the gatling weapons from the protector sets would have helped integrate him into Gen2 some more wheras the launcher you're currently using is neither correct to the original or the new sets.

Best of luck with your entry, I really hope you're able to get some better pics for us at some point (I always struggle with decent pics too so I feel your pain!)

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Nidhiki looks great! A fresh take on my favourite Bionicle villain. Looks menacing and insectoid, and the rib-cage and abdomen really stand out as solid original designs. Arms are little weak, if only because the use of one-piece limbs looks silly, as our good friend Gaardus has taught us

Krekka is interesting. Complete colour change but design-wise it is just as innovative, especially with the Stormer helmets. Well armoured and retains the eye and shoulder-mounted launcher so yeah - undeniably Krekka. 

Impressive take on the Dark Hunters!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

• 1 month later...

Apologies for being away so long, I've been working with set design for our spring play and have been pretty restricted timewise. Thanks to all for your feedback! After the contest, I will post new updated versions of these two, so stick around!