Frost Hiver

Djokson

In ancient caverns deep beneath Okoto an ancient and powerful force of nature slumbers, waiting for the signal to awaken and cleanse the island of all life.

15904637174_e411dd6ee2_c.jpg

dscf4273.jpg_thumb.jpg  dscf4259.jpg_thumb.jpg

So yeah, I just made this really quick, inspired by the contest and I thought Id share it. I'm not sure if this'll be my entry because I have a couple more ideas for that, but here it is anyway. Thanks for taking a look!

And no, it can't turn into a ball :v

Edited by Djokson
  • Upvote 18

Absolutely amazing. I almost feel sad looking at this, 'cus I don't stand a chance anymore. The head is pure genius, especially the mandibles, and the ice-shields are perfectly made. The only thing I have even a minor issue with is the chest, which is a bit gappy, but wow. This is amazing.

• Upvote 1

The chest is nicely shaped and compact, but the head of course is the highlight. It is a very original and creative design. It looks fierce, and the mandibles are a great touch. The "shields" are also a fantastic design choice, and greatly complement the rest of the MOC. Altogether a smooth and very aesthetic creation. The main flaws are, of course, its lack of functions. It can't roll into a ball, nor does it look like it can snap its head forward. Does a Krana fit in its head?

But despite the disappointing lack of functions, it still would be dangerous competition if you do enter it in the BBCC.

"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

So yeah, I just made this really quick, inspired by the contest and I thought Id share it. I'm not sure if this'll be my entry because I have a couple more ideas for that, but here it is anyway. Thanks for taking a look!

And no, it can't turn into a ball :v

You'll need to decide quickly: you can't post a bunch of MOCs and then later decide which one you're going to enter. If this is going to be your entry, you have to submit it now.
  • Upvote 1
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

The chest is nicely shaped and compact, but the head of course is the highlight. It is a very original and creative design. It looks fierce, and the mandibles are a great touch. The "shields" are also a fantastic design choice, and greatly complement the rest of the MOC. Altogether a smooth and very aesthetic creation. The main flaws are, of course, its lack of functions. It can't roll into a ball, nor does it look like it can snap its head forward. Does a Krana fit in its head?

But despite the disappointing lack of functions, it still would be dangerous competition if you do enter it in the BBCC.

The images show that the head can be brought forward. Not sure if it's a function, though. I can clearly see a technic lever in the first pic, so I assume it's a function. Edited by Petersheikah

Thanks everyone! Yeah the lack of function is kind of sucky, I admit, but I couldn't have gotten the looks I wwas going for if I actually tried to implement them without some serious engineering and technical thought, something which I'm really really bad at. :v

You'll need to decide quickly: you can't post a bunch of MOCs and then later decide which one you're going to enter. If this is going to be your entry, you have to submit it now.

Guess I'm going with this one then.

Also, I noticed that one of the thumbnails in the op was improperly linked, fixed that now.

Edited by Djokson

Oh wow, we have an earth Bohrok and now this impressive looking Ice one. After all that talk in the Gen2 Bohrok topic we are finally getting to see some examples. I am loving the saw blades for hands. Very nice homage to the original. Now we just need to see the Fire, Stone, Air/jungle and Water... How much of this is CCBS creatable? That head piece looks like the only Gen1 part...

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

That's pretty sweet! It's a shame it can't transform. But sometimes one must make sacrifices for awesomeness, and you certainly made your sacrifices count! Only thing I can help but notice is that the sawblades are different colors, any way you could remedy this? I understand if your parts collection is limited.

That's pretty sweet! It's a shame it can't transform. But sometimes one must make sacrifices for awesomeness, and you certainly made your sacrifices count! Only thing I can help but notice is that the sawblades are different colors, any way you could remedy this? I understand if your parts collection is limited.

They are? Huh, thought that was just lighting due to picture quality. Nice eye. Still doesn't take away from the set as a whole as due to lighting it is easily missed. It is not like one is white while the other is green or something...

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Wow! Although it can't roll up into a ball, this Bohrok revamp looks really cool! :D The head is definitely my favorite part, because it looks very creative and gives the model a menacing look. :)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Yeah, I really wish I had used those new saws now but I haven't really seen either Chi Vardy or the new Barnacle sets in stores here yet. Oh well. I think the silver still works because the original model didn't really have that much transparent blue anyway.

Thanks everyone for the comments!

You know the Bohrok shield is still in the LDD? I found it earlier. Any chance of getting some directions for this beauty so I could see it in 3D?

Onua.png

Well just let me know... I want to see this beauty at different angles.

Onua.png