Makuta: Master of Shadows

Toa Chuck

This is a CCBS Remake of the the classic 2003 Makuta set.

When designing him, the breakthrough was the shoulder design. I was able to use two torso armors and a shoulder armor on a tiny torso to make the shoulders resemble the armor on the original set.

The full gallery can be found here.

Comments are appreciated!

• Upvote 6

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

This looks really good, the best attempt I've seen at a CCBS (Gen 1) Makuta by a long shot! I looked through the whole gallery (which I don't usually do!) and the skeleton is pretty ingenious. Seems like a great way to make a large bipedal creation with CCBS which is something people seem to always be complaining about. The nods to the original are great too, weapon, shoulders and of course the Kraahkan! Shame you don't have the Movie Edition one, it's much more 'Gen2' than the original!  My sole criticism would be that there doesn't seem to be much red, the gunmetal gets a nice representation though I think :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Totally agree with Munty, that skeleton is brilliant! I like the whole look of the thing.

I'm not sure what to criticize. I dunno. His body type isn't the same as it was in G1? It's better, but it's not the same! And that blade staff! It matches his colour scheme now! Stop doing that. Making it match his colour scheme. Stop that.

• Upvote 1

I'm glad to see you guys like it so much! When I was making it, I tried to work off the original set's strengths, and replace the weaknesses.

The original set's color scheme was surprising when I sat down and looked at it. Other than the mask and part of his feet, he featured almost no black, opting for grey, red, and gunmetal. So when I made mine, I nixed the grey, and focused on black and gunmetal, with highlights of red.

The legs were easily the weakest part of the original. My version's legs aren't anything to complex, but they get the job done and look good.

I imagine a movie style Kraahkan might look better, but unfortunately I lost mine at some point down the road along with my gold Avohkii. :( Ah well. the trans glitter one is cooler anyway.

The Chirox Codex

Chuck's Very Dead Comic Series

:smilehafu: This is my signature. Exciting, huh?  :ruru:

Holy snappers! I am seriously impressed with that frame work. It's so simple, yet nothing I probably would have thought of. And add the armour and boom - that is a seriously menacing-looking Makuta Teridax. The armour design mixes well. The overall look and feel of the model is definitely reminiscent of his 2003 form, thanks to the excellent shoulder additions. Colour scheme is excellently redone as well. The little red fangs add a lot, and creates some balanced highlights.

Love it! 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

You should probably be pleased, it's a good sign :D If you want criticism, perhaps there are a few spots that could use a little more bulk? That entry pic makes his left hand/wrist look rather 2-dimensional and his waist is a little narrow compared to upper body. I think the latter issue is rather exacerbated by that cod piece armour shell as it brings the torso to a somewhat genital point! When people find it this hard to criticise your work though, you can be pretty sure you've done a good job :D

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!