Star Wars Constraction Figures Press Release

Star_Wars_Constraction_Reveal_teaser.jpg

We're still sifting through the hundreds of pictures we took at Toy Fair this morning, but thought we'd take a break to pass on some information about the new Star Wars buildable action figures coming out later this year. LEGO has sent us the press release and a couple images of the first two sets that will be released in September. Read on to learn about the upcoming sets!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

I like these sets. The price is definitely justified, as they both have so many (useful) parts, and the sets do capture the character designs rather well. I see very few gaps and overall I am pleased.

Other people, however, are ripping these apart like they did with Galidor, which really imo wasn't that bad.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Oh man, that leg armor is beautiful. So so good. The lightsaber parts also look pretty cool. Also, oh man! Flesh hands. Probably mostly useless in MOCing all things considered, but still, cool.

Other than the parts, though I'm not super impressed. Luke's chest armor is kind of odd and bloated-looking. But his head looks great, and he definitely looks nice. Vader...I like most of what they've got going on, but some of the proportions are kind of weird. And the chest armor looks too small. He's a bit out there...but they still look good. Especially those parts.

AXKP5KC.png

Yeah, these are epic. So very sleek, unlike the Super Heroes that had odd, bulky shoulder armor and such. A fairly good design, considering the medium, and looks like plenty of useful pieces to boot. Pretty overpriced (aw man, Vader's going to be $30??) but I guess that's to be expected.

I get that there's negetive hype right now, but I'll be interested to see how these end up doing, since I'll undoubtably be picking up a few.

:music:

I'm lovin' Darth Vader, but Luke is still alright. I can't wait to see what the other ones look like, especially General Grievous.

I think people just tear them apart as if they're like Galidor just for the sake of it. No other reason.

If they tried to literally tear the sets apart, and compare it to tearing apart Galidor sets, they would find out just how different they are. :P (It's easy to tear Galidor sets to pieces, but it takes a whole lot longer to take these apart. ;)  :P )

• Upvote 1

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Now that I've had most of the day to digest the reveal and calm down from utter excitement...

Yikes. Those prices. :( Vader is a lot and it doesn't really seem like he should be comparatively to BIONICLE sets...

But I'm still really excited. I can't wait to see Grievous and what else they have to offer.

~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

I was worried for these due to how hard is it to make a convincing (fleshy) human out of constraction, but Luke doesn't look that bad. Awkward, sure, but not bad. Mostly the issue I have is with the torso piece. It's too bulky at the top and waaay too thin at the bottom, but aside from that the limbs look quite good. Vader looks fantastic, but he's much more robotic in appearance so that was to be expected.

Can't wait to see General Grievous!

• Upvote 1
BZPRPG

If I haven't completely used all of my money on Bionicle sets, Vader is next. Or maybe Vader for Christmas. Luke... I don't like the head. At all. But I do, however, want to see the General Grievous set. And then buy it. If it has a gear function. And two arms that can split into four like in the movie. And also a robe. Again like in the movie. Preferably with pockets for his lightsabers.

• Upvote 1

VBWj75sh.png

If I haven't completely used all of my money on Bionicle sets, Vader is next. Or maybe Vader for Christmas. Luke... I don't like the head. At all. But I do, however, want to see the General Grievous set. And then buy it. If it has a gear function. And two arms that can split into four like in the movie. And also a robe. Again like in the movie. Preferably with pockets for his lightsabers.

That would be epic, and I expect him to be the largest of the line.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Darth Vader looks great! He looks very tall, accurate, and solid. Luke, though, he looks like a Hero Factory set, mixed in with Galidor. Like his head, that's so creepy! Especially on the preliminary package. I do like his torso piece, though. Does anybody notice what they did with the feet/shoes? They added a 3x1 Technic beam to fill in the gap! Smart move, LEGO (though it wasn't really needed...)!

Vote in the 2016 Set Poll! 3 Votes Maximum. http://strawpoll.me/6685187/r

I'll see how the money adds up. Looks like they went to town on the new molds. And I don't know about Luke. He looks like they used too much black, and not enough Luke.

There aren't actually a lot of new molds. Other than the heads, there are two pieces for the lightsabers, one new torso shell for Luke, and one new lower leg shell used on both sets. Everything else appears to use existing molds.
  • Upvote 1

On closer examination, I hope those are printed shells and not stickers. Vader looks like he's a full torso length taller than Tahu, which leads me to think his piece count will justify his price. I would like to know their actual piece count, just so I'd know that they aren't ridiculously overpriced compared to regular Bionicle sets.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

This. Just...all of this.

Not gonna lie, Luke does not look good at all. His head just looks like it came from the uncanny valley, and his entire body looks too robotic. Not to mention his joints aren't properly covered like Vader's.

SPEAKING of Vader, he looks absolutely fantastic. A consistent color scheme, Good armor coverage over all, the joints are well hidden, I can't see too many problems with this figure cosmetically. I feel like they probably put more time into developing Vader compared to Luke. I would definitely skip out on Luke, but I would pick up Vader for sure.

>tfw you have no idea what to put here

Anyone else going to put Vader's head on one of the Toa Okoto sets to act as his head when they get this set?

Just me thinking that? Okay.  :lookaround:

Anyways, I ecko what everyone else is saying about Vader. He looks amazing. Luke looks better than I thought he would, but I probably won't be getting. I will think about getting Vader, but Grievous is going to be my first purchase of this line.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

The Vader figure is pretty awesome but the gap between the 2.0 torso shell and the hero attachment up top is kind of irritating, even more so because there's a 2x2 flat tile piece there. I do fear the prices, however. This is Star Wars, so the price will be driven up a bit compared to regular constraction....

...We can make bootleg Rahaga with the Vader head! Best thing about this hands down.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Is this the evolved minifigs they spoke about two years back?

As far as I know they never spoke about evolved minifigs. Are you referring to the joke article about new sets having red 2x4 bricks, wheels, and new minifigures? Because nothing about that article was actual news. "New minifigures" doesn't mean a radically re-imagined minifigure, it just means new minifigure designs like we get every single year in every single theme that has minifigures.
  • Upvote 2