What 2015 Themes Should We Cover First?

Black Six

What 2015 Themes Should We Cover First?  

102 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sitting on the train after Toy Fair, going through all the pictures I took, and figured I should ask everyone's input as to what we should focus on for our coverage. Bionicle will obviously be first up, but what comes after that? Cast your vote here to let us know what you're most looking forward to!

Additionally, we're considering posting our pictures on Flickr as we have been for our convention coverage (see our BrickFair Alabama wrapup for an example). Would you prefer that or our 'classic' style (like last year's Hero Factory coverage)? Let us know!

I wanna see some Marvel. 'Cause I wanna start collecting them.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I voted Elves simply because I'm kinda curious, it's not exactly my thing but it still looks intriguing (useful for MOCing..?)

although I'm also interested in City, Creator, & Mixels

As for the rest... eh, not my thing

I've never been a fan of the flickr galleries, honestly.

Same. Although that might be because of the amount of times I come across a picture which you're not meant to be able to save/download, & it's all of a seconds effort to circumnavigate it ... It doesn't lend much to like about it other than it's "free".

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

Putting in another vote for Elves. We already have nice hi-res images of the March sets from the LEGO shop site, but presumably a write up would include images from the next wave as well? Those are pictures I want to see.

I also vote to post the pictures locally. I don't like how Flickr doesn't have an easy option to look at the largest version of an image, so I would rather just view them on BZP. It's also nicer to be able to preview thumbnails than have to go through a slideshow.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Upvote 1
BZPRPG

Putting in another vote for Elves. We already have nice hi-res images of the March sets from the LEGO shop site, but presumably a write up would include images from the next wave as well? Those are pictures I want to see.

I also vote to post the pictures locally. I don't like how Flickr doesn't have an easy option to look at the largest version of an image, so I would rather just view them on BZP. It's also nicer to be able to preview thumbnails than have to go through a slideshow.

Technically, they do. Just type "sizes/o" after the URL, so this becomes this.

To get there by clicking is a only slightly more demanding... you have to click the button in the bottom right corner, then "view all sizes", then click "original". But even that is very simple, and IMO is much less frustrating than having images open in a separate pop-up window via javascript.

To get there by clicking is a only slightly more demanding... you have to click the button in the bottom right corner, then "view all sizes", then click "original". But even that is very simple, and IMO is much less frustrating than having images open in a separate pop-up window via javascript.

Thanks for those tips, although I'm going to disagree with your last sentence. I'd rather view an image in a new window than use URL manipulation and jump through other hoops to view a larger picture. I don't even see a "view all sizes" button anywhere on the page you linked to. Though I can just click the image to make it bigger (for some reason- it's never done that before now), but having that larger image being controlled by my mouse cursor is terribly frusturating.

To each their own, I guess.

BZPRPG

Thanks for those tips, although I'm going to disagree with your last sentence. I'd rather view an image in a new window than use URL manipulation and jump through other hoops to view a larger picture. I don't even see a "view all sizes" button anywhere on the page you linked to. Though I can just click the image to make it bigger (for some reason- it's never done that before now), but having that larger image being controlled by my mouse cursor is terribly frusturating.

Click the icon in the bottom right corner of the black box around each image (the one that looks like an arrow pointed down towards a horizontal line). That makes the "view all sizes" option come up. I agree, it's not ideal, but I greatly prefer it to the annoying Javascript in the current BZPower news article interface that prevents opening images in new tabs, browsing images using the arrow keys, or having multiple images open at once.

And yeah, clicking the image to make it bigger works too. That functionality has been there for quite a while. Maybe the images you were trying to view larger versions of just didn't HAVE larger versions. :/

Edited by Aanchir

Click the icon in the bottom right corner of the black box around each image (the one that looks like an arrow pointed down towards a horizontal line). That makes the "view all sizes" option come up. I agree, it's not ideal, but I greatly prefer it to the annoying Javascript in the current BZPower news article interface that prevents opening images in new tabs, browsing images using the arrow keys, or having multiple images open at once.

And yeah, clicking the image to make it bigger works too. That functionality has been there for quite a while. Maybe the images you were trying to view larger versions of just didn't HAVE larger versions. :/

What Aanchir said. I HATE the javascript windows BZP uses. Just as an example of problems they present, if I click back to the main window after opening a pop-up, that pop-up now hides behind the main window. I have to minimize (or at least resize) the main window just to get to that again (even clicking another picture doesn't help, as that just replaces the image in the hidden window with the new one!). To have multiple images open at once is also a huge hassle—you have to open the images individually, copy the urls, paste them into a tab on your main window (after closing the pop-up, lest you run into the aforementioned issue), rinse, repeat. I often use images like BZP's as building reference, and being able to do so without jumping through as many hoops would be a blessing.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

What Aanchir said. I HATE the javascript windows BZP uses. Just as an example of problems they present, if I click back to the main window after opening a pop-up, that pop-up now hides behind the main window. I have to minimize (or at least resize) the main window just to get to that again (even clicking another picture doesn't help, as that just replaces the image in the hidden window with the new one!). To have multiple images open at once is also a huge hassle—you have to open the images individually, copy the urls, paste them into a tab on your main window (after closing the pop-up, lest you run into the aforementioned issue), rinse, repeat. I often use images like BZP's as building reference, and being able to do so without jumping through as many hoops would be a blessing.

In the Mac OS on Safari, at least, command-click opens images in new tabs, and holding the key while clicking forces even the javascript windows into a new tab.  So I usually just click all the ones that grab my interest, go to the new tab, and forward/back as necessary to view them.  With flickr, on the other hand, I'd need to open all the images and then individually navigate to the larger sizes, either by manually changing the url or clicking a bunch of times.  The way I do it, flickr is the one with the unnecessary hoops.

(In general, I hate how in this age of supposed optimization and ease-of-use a lot of websites have become more of a hassle to navigate by hiding all the options behind menus and ~web magic~ when you used to just be able to click a link to go where you wanted to.  See also: IPB.)

• Upvote 2

OpAXNpl.jpg