Mata Nui, Master of Life (BBC #69)

Hordaki

Mata Nui, Master of Life

p2140047.png

Well, here's the first MOC I've posted online. When I heard about the new contest, I tried to figure out what character I could make out of my limited supply of Bionicle 2015 pieces (Tahu, Gali, and the Protector of Jungle). While there's more I would have liked to do with it, I'm still pretty happy with the results. I hope you like it.

Main picture
Left side
Right side
Ready for action
Hello my baby, hello my honey

Comments and constructive criticism are welcome.

• Upvote 3

well, did you have any gunmetal hero factory sets to work with like bulk breakout?

or maybe more dark gray peices, or perhaps a way to make the pistons at the hips?

No, as I said I had a very limited pool of pieces. And I don't know what you mean by pistons at the hips.

Interesting. I can't say it really looks like Mata Nui from 2009 as it lacks any sort of resemblance minus instances of his original colour. Regardless, I get that you were limited on pieces and I do like the humanoid-level figure you have created. Basic, but looks heroic. Distribution of what colours you had turned out pretty sweet too!

tahubanner.jpg

Interesting. I can't say it really looks like Mata Nui from 2009 as it lacks any sort of resemblance minus instances of his original colour. Regardless, I get that you were limited on pieces and I do like the humanoid-level figure you have created. Basic, but looks heroic. Distribution of what colours you had turned out pretty sweet too!

Thanks!  I was going to give him the shield and make it out of the lava board, but it was way too big and very unwieldy. And I would have used the Mask of Life if I had it, but I thought the Golden Tahu mask worked instead seeing as how the Hau was Mata Nui's original symbol.

I don't think this is a good G2 Mata Nui, having the golden hau on is a little odd and having gold, silver and pearl dark gray all in one MOC is a bad idea (I never like those 3 color being in one MOC). I think making a different character than Mata Nui would be better, like one of the random matoran that have red and yellow(or bright light orange) or Balta in my opinion.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

His colors are a little haphazard (I would've gone with black shells and limbs, gold secondary, detailing and masks) but it's a solid build. I like it.

I don't think this is a good G2 Mata Nui, having the golden hau on is a little odd and having gold, silver and pearl dark gray all in one MOC is a bad idea (I never like those 3 color being in one MOC). I think making a different character than Mata Nui would be better, like one of the random matoran that have red and yellow(or bright light orange) or Balta in my opinion.

It's a nice MOC, but it looks absoloutely nothing like Mata Nui. 

Yeah, if I had an alternative for the silver I would have used it, but that goes back to the whole "I didn't have enough pieces with me to make it great" point. And as for choosing Mata Nui, I wanted a character that didn't look too much like the sets I was taking pieces from because I didn't want it to look like I just changed Tahu's armor or something. Mata Nui was one with different enough colors as to avoid that problem. And in retrospect, there are other characters that would have worked, but I'm happy with what I made.