Quick Q about the Red Star

We're allowed to have topics on the RS. The RS guide is just a factlist. 

As for the question, much smaller than Mata Nui the Robot. Maybe Metru Nui size, or a little bit larger. It had to hold all those dead beings without falling out of the sky, so yeah. 

Seriously?  :superfunny:

Remember that it's also a jetpack for the robot. In order to provide the propulsion required to get that thing out of a planet's orbit, it would have to be FAR larger than the robot's brain. Metru Nui fits inside a dome with tons of ocean space to spare, and then there's miles of rock and metal between that and the outside of the head. Realistically, it's probably somewhere between the size of Austraillia and Europe (considering that the GSR is about as tall as Earth's diameter). The "Resurrection Center" probably only takes up a small portion of the RS, while the rest of it is booster engines.

Edited by The~1st~Shadow
  • Upvote 4

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I managed to hunt down this quote from Greg:

3) Fairly big, though  obviously not as big as Mata Nui. If you picture yourself as Mata Nui, the red star is big enough to cover your back

The MU robot is 7,575 miles (12,192 km) tall so that should give you a good idea as to the Red Star's size.  

• Upvote 1

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

As for the question, much smaller than Mata Nui the Robot. Maybe Metru Nui size, or a little bit larger. It had to hold all those dead beings without falling out of the sky, so yeah. 

Understood just trying to help.  :D

As for the size hmm is the Red Star a sphere? If we need to factor in a circumference of a Mata Nui sized back pack then it could be about the size of the southern continent.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Understood just trying to help.  :D

As for the size hmm is the Red Star a sphere? If we need to factor in a circumference of a Mata Nui sized back pack then it could be about the size of the southern continent.

It's not a sphere, from what's been suggested. It probably looks like a cross between a school backpack, and the HF carrier craft seen in the episodes. Southern continent might be a bit small, but that's probably pretty close.

I wanna say Mata Nui island sized.

Yeah, that island only covered the robot's face. Something that small probably wouldn't do much during takeoff.

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

This makes the latest chapter of Extermination so unrealistic it's not even funny

The events of that chapter should have been far more devastating

Oh well

• Upvote 3

Understood just trying to help. :D

As for the size hmm is the Red Star a sphere? If we need to factor in a circumference of a Mata Nui sized back pack then it could be about the size of the southern continent.

It's not a sphere, from what's been suggested. It probably looks like a cross between a school backpack, and the HF carrier craft seen in the episodes. Southern continent might be a bit small, but that's probably pretty close.

I wanna say Mata Nui island sized.

Yeah, that island only covered the robot's face. Something that small probably wouldn't do much during takeoff.
I don't think it necessarily needs to be big to have enough energy to give MN an extra boost. Bigger size doesnt not necessarily equal bigger power in Bionicle...

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I don't think it necessarily needs to be big to have enough energy to give MN an extra boost. Bigger size doesnt not necessarily equal bigger power in Bionicle...

Well, in the Greg quote supplied by fishers, the RS covers most of the robot's back. In comparison to the torso, the face is a bit small, probably no more than 1/4 or 1/5 the area of the shoulders/back. If Greg's info is correct, then the island is way too small.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Well, in the Greg quote supplied by fishers, the RS covers most of the robot's back. In comparison to the torso, the face is a bit small, probably no more than 1/4 or 1/5 the area of the shoulders/back. If Greg's info is correct, then the island is way too small.

XD I didn't supply that Greg quote. JAG18 did. 

This makes the latest chapter of Extermination so unrealistic it's not even funny

The events of that chapter should have been far more devastating

Oh well

Things are different in the Bionicle Mafia universe. Artistic license is permitted. :P

XD I didn't supply that Greg quote. JAG18 did. 

Eh, his post was directly above one of yours, so it just kinda blended together in my head. :P Seems we've both flubbed here. Call it even? :P

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

It could be another giant Robot, helping Mata-Nui achieve his goal in the universe as the second robot helper that lifts Mata-nui from planets and does other things like have it's own interior shell where all the revived beings live and work.

Isn't that what Mata-Nui said to Makuta in the Battle for Bara Magna?

• Upvote 1

cringe

I managed to hunt down this quote from Greg:

3) Fairly big, though  obviously not as big as Mata Nui. If you picture yourself as Mata Nui, the red star is big enough to cover your back

The MU robot is 7,575 miles (12,192 km) tall so that should give you a good idea as to the Red Star's size.  

After doing some research and visual comparisons, I've found that Mata Nui's back is about a 1/3 of his total height. Assuming the above information is correct, that would place the Red Star at around 2,525 miles or 4,064 kilometers in diameter, just under 2.5 times larger than the moon.

• Upvote 3

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

I always forget just how large the Great Spirit is! Tarnation to Karzh-Nation!, now I have to edit my mod's map again (link is in signature). Is the length of the G.S.R comparative to, say, North America from north to south, or Asia from Smyrna to Kamchatka?

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I always forget just how large the Great Spirit is! ######## to Karzh-Nation!, now I have to edit my mod's map again (link is in signature). Is the length of the G.S.R comparative to, say, North America from north to south, or Asia from Smyrna to Kamchatka?

Two things. One, word filter--do not bypass it. Two, the GSR is about as tall as the Earth is wide--far larger than any continent from point A to point B.

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

I always forget just how large the Great Spirit is! ######## to Karzh-Nation!, now I have to edit my mod's map again (link is in signature). Is the length of the G.S.R comparative to, say, North America from north to south, or Asia from Smyrna to Kamchatka?

Two things. One, word filter--do not bypass it. Two, the GSR is about as tall as the Earth is wide--far larger than any continent from point A to point B.

Sorry, I have since edited it.

Okay, thank you for the information. Now, how large is Spherus Magna in comparison to Earth (I cannot comprehend complete estimates of miles as it is too large of a distance, so please do just use comparisons to other celestial objects)?

I want to apologize for going off-topic, but I just wanted to clear some stuff up.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Okay, thank you for the information. Now, how large is Spherus Magna in comparison to Earth (I cannot comprehend complete estimates of miles as it is too large of a distance, so please do just use comparisons to other celestial objects)?

I want to apologize for going off-topic, but I just wanted to clear some stuff up.

We don't have specific measurements, but someone had an excellent theory a while back, the implication being that Spherus Magna was a bit larger than Jupiter, but somehow, the effects of the Energized Protodermis in the core of the planet caused its density and gravitational pull to lessen, making it more comparable to Earth (i.e. a Glatorian would weigh just a bit more than many humans).

Edited by The~1st~Shadow
  • Upvote 3

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

We don't have specific measurements, but someone had an excellent theory a while back, the implication being that Spherus Magna was a bit larger than Jupiter, but somehow, the effects of the Energized Protodermis in the core of the planet caused its density and gravitational pull to lessen, making it more comparable to Earth (i.e. a Glatorian would weigh just a bit more than many humans).

That is an awesome theory! With a planet that big the adventures would have been endless! If the purple stuff around the shattered realms was natural protodermis in vacuum, then I wonder if Mata Nui put it back in the planet before sealing the planet up again. That brings something else up, there still had to be some protodermis in the cores/core-like endings of the planet fragments to ensure a stable gravitational pull.

Getting back to the Red Star, has Greg F. ever revealed the reasons for why he made the Red Star restore the life of non-antidermic MU beings? Resurrecting Lhikan and Mavrah seems to underwhelm their deaths, along with every other death in the MU.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Bonesiii's epic The Destiny of Bionicle offers some pretty sensible explanations of the physics of such massive planets IIRC -- it's all to do with the EP in the core, like T1S said.

Personally, though, I have to say I always felt the GSR's height was excessive. 10 million feet would have been perfectly sufficient -- that's still almost two thousand miles/~3218km from head to toe, only slightly shorter than the U.S. is wide -- and as such it would necessitate Spherus Magna to be only as large as, say, Neptune, rather than Jupiter. This would also make travel across the planet slightly more believable.

Getting back to the Red Star, has Greg F. ever revealed the reasons for why he made the Red Star restore the life of non-antidermic MU beings? Resurrecting Lhikan and Mavrah seems to underwhelm their deaths, along with every other death in the MU.

I believe the in-story explanation was that because the GSR and Red Star were (supposed to be) a closed system, it would require less energy to restore units that had died than it would be to create new ones. Think of it like the recycle bin on a computer -- let's say you write a story and then accidentally delete the file. A copy shows up in your recycle bin; now, which would take less effort on your part: going into the recycle bin and hitting "Restore" on the file, or rewriting the story from scratch?

It does cheapen some character deaths from a story perspective, but it makes sense in-universe -- remember that the Great Beings were not thinking of the MU inhabitants as people, but rather as just nanotech.

Edited by Junkbot Master of Trash
  • Upvote 1

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

I guess I am still a bit disgruntled over the Red Star restoration properties.

Would people who had their physical bodies absorbed by a Makuta have been restored? I wouldn't think so...

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png