Self MOC: Anapouri (2012 rendition)

Anapouri

I put together a self MOC back in 2012 using scavenged pieces from my original BIONICLE collection. 

~~~~~

This is Anapouri (her name taken from the Maori dictionary using the words meaning "Her" and "Sorrow"). She is the Huntress of the Mist. In her early life she was part of an experiment to combine both Rahi and Toa elements, and it was pretty successful despite her rebellious nature. Before her land fell to events that caused it to become broken, she worked as a bounty hunter. Now she roams the land, working with what is left to thrive. She is both cunning and steathly, but underneath her metal exterior is a warm, caring heart.

~~~~~

I even have a small blurb story about her to introduce her as a character.

~~~~~

You walk through the desolate land, continuing on towards the tower. A metal jungle of wrotworks and twisted metal stretches out before you, creating a haunting image of the land itself grasping at you, trying to drag you into its despair. Deep inside, groans and growls of dangerous rahi break the silence of the mist that wraps around the landscape. Before you take your first step in, a rush of sound distracts you. 

Looking around, you spot a feminine silhouette break through the mists, stepping forward as her sleek metal frame cuts curves through the darkened environment. Her voice breaks the silence, both seductive and mysterious. 

"So...you're wanting to go through that, huh?"

"Well, I wouldn't really advise it, unless you want to be torn to shreds. But I can see you have the guts."

"Maybe I'll stick around and see what trouble you can get into."

OWQB5Ns.jpg
m3rsHW5.jpg
UMsc1ln.jpg
FXUFNs7.jpg

~~~~~

Unfortunately her articulation is a bit limited, especially in the legs. Also the regular LEGO elements can be knocked off easily, but they usually stay in place. Otherwise, she's generally easy to pose. I plan on doing either a rebuild or an entirely new representation of her using newer elements possibly combined with old ones. I just need to get my hands on some HERO FACTORY and the more of the new BIONICLE elements.

Any critiques/feedback/compliments are welcome. ^^

• Upvote 1

Note taken! It was really hard working with a feminine looking female body type. I had never built that sort of frame before so it was a definite challenge for me. She's actually a lot less "blocky" in person, though, and I think that's because photographs tend to flatten out an image more so you don't really get the depth you would from viewing objects in person. 

I really do not like this MOC, I do hope the 2015 version of it is a lot better because the idea is there.

Anyway, one of the big thing I dislike about the MOC is the nuva shoulder for the chest and butt, it is annoying and would be great to see I new chest armor on a female MOC, I love the tail and head, the mask fits well but the ears really bugs me.

The legs I don't like along with the feet, I think it would be better with different armor then using the LEGO brick system (also I feel your pain about those LEGO parts knocking off easily), also the heels don't fit well and I do dislike heels on MOCs. The color scheme is really good and a lot different from other female self-MOCs that I know of.

• Upvote 1

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube