Roodaka - Master of Manipulation (BBC #69)

Zeb

main_picture_small.png

Roodaka

Master of Manipulation

(BBC #69 Entry)

Front - Back - Back without skirt/cape - Side - Side 2Side 3 - Above

Catcher Claws - The "Rhotuka" Blaster - Both weapons

Head - Torso - High heels

She's cunning - She's cruel - She likes spiders - She steals masks

Structure (minus 2 8-tooth gears that should be on the blue pin-axles)

Shells - More shells - Gear System - Alternate Eyes

Some - More - Pictures

Gallery

Roodaka is a master of manipulation. She is cunning, cruel, and deceptive. She prefers to use lies and tricks to defeat her foes, rather than brute strength. She is the mastermind behind many evil plots, and is always using others to carry out her plans, as she pulls the strings in the background. She craves power and wishes to become the ruler of Okoto. She has a fascination with spiders, and keeps a Skull Spider as a "pet". She carries a sharp-edged weapon called the Catcher Claws, as well as a powerful weapon she calls the "Rhotuka Blaster", which is as able to fire a strange substance that can mutate its victim. She has a strange shard she wears on her chest, which for some reason resembles a protodermis cage, which is strange, since the only known protodermis cage in the Okotoverse is where Zigben was defeated and encased...

Functions: Roodaka features a gear function with friction, and her Catcher Claws work just like the original's. The Rhotuka Blaster fires studs just like any of the Protector weapons.

Part count: 185 pieces.

feet: 26 - legs: 28 - arms/hands: 28

head: 17 - torso: 13 - gear system: 31

Total (minus weapons): 143 pieces

Catcher Claws: 21 - Rhotuka Blaster: 15 (not counting ammo) - Ammo: 6

In comparison, the original had 233 pieces and cost $20. Mask Maker Vs. Skull grinder has 171 pieces, and it costs $30. So I think I succeeded in making this a titan-sized set.

Height: The model stands taller than any of the new 2015 Toa, and Tahu's head is just under the "Makuta Stone".

The moment I read the hint at what the prizes would be for the 69th BBC Contest, I knew I had to enter. I wondered what I was going to build. I looked around and saw my 2015 Tahu. I built a cute little Jaller revamp with the golden mask. But it was too small, and you could have entry, so I started looking around at my parts. I found lots of black, silver, & gunmetal. And then the idea came to me. I started with the torso, because I knew I had to get that to look right. After that turned out well, I began work on the head, which also had to look right as well. The next struggle was the high-heels, which I wanted to preserve from the original model. Roodaka is actually quite stable with those shoes, and I think they turned out well. I'm not entirely satisfied with the lower back-armor, but the skirt-cape fixes that for me. I wanted to keep the original's Catcher Claws, and since they used the same gears as the new Toa's gear functions, that wasn't too hard. Lacking a Rhotuka launcher, I had to substitute one of the Protector stud launchers for it, and I think the result turned out looking pretty good. I wanted to make Roodaka sleek and slim, and the CCBS made that easy. I managed to use only a total of4 parts from the original Bionicle building system, so I think I succeeded at building this in the style of the new sets. The "alternate eyes" were actually going to be the finalized eyes, until I discovered that Angry Kitty from Emmet's Construct-o-Mech has given me 2 drills/horns I could use as eyes instead.

I hope you liked my Roodaka revamp! Comments & (preferably constructive) criticism are welcome!

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator
  • Upvote 9

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Really characteristic of Roodaka, with the chest plate, high heels, Rhotuka, Spinning weapon and hair. The head looks pretty good despite using none of the original pieces. Love the addition of the "skirt", adds a lot to the characters stature. Also really like the attention to detail with the Makuta stone. 

Only real issue I have is the size. It's a well-designed MoC with a lot of resemblance to the character being recreated but I feel like a G2 version of this set would probably be a little larger than the average Toa. That aside, I really like what you did with the CCBS parts to capture the look and feel of the 2015 version. Definitely successful in that sense.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Really characteristic of Roodaka, with the chest plate, high heels, Rhotuka, Spinning weapon and hair. The head looks pretty good despite using none of the original pieces. Love the addition of the "skirt", adds a lot to the characters stature. Also really like the attention to detail with the Makuta stone. 

Only real issue I have is the size. It's a well-designed MoC with a lot of resemblance to the character being recreated but I feel like a G2 version of this set would probably be a little larger than the average Toa. That aside, I really like what you did with the CCBS parts to capture the look and feel of the 2015 version. Definitely successful in that sense.

-NotS

In terms of how tall she is, the new Tahu is actually much much shorter than her, with the Makuta Stone being just above Tahu's head. So she's definitely taller than any of the new Toa by a considerable amount, though I kind of wished I was able to make her a bit larger.

While I'm at it, I think I'll find out what her part count is...

feet: 26

legs: 28

arms/hands: 28

head: 17

torso: 13

gear system: 31

Total (minus weapons): 143 pieces

Catcher Claws: 21

Rhotuka Blaster: 15 (not counting ammo)

Ammo: 6

Grand total part count: 185 pieces.

The original had 233 pieces and cost $20. Mask Maker Vs. Skull grinder has 171 pieces, and it costs $30. So I think I succeeded in making it a titan set.

Edited by SuperGeniusCreator

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.

Good job on this MOC! I would actually think it was a real set! It captures all of the elements of the original, while adding great Gen 2 elements (that Rhotuka blaster, doh!)

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Duck face! BANG!

Overall, this actually does look like it'd be a set. I honestly think that trait clicks well with the goal of this contest. My only gripe is the head, though. Looks a little weird to me, but the rest of the MOC is just too good. Also, I like the alternate eyes better. They look cooler.

Edited by Toa Varova

mindeth the cobwebs

Oooh I really like how you handled her. I disagree with what people have said about her mouth. She sort of has that look to her in the movie, if I remember. I also love that you included the shard on her chest, and how simple yet refined her design is with the new elements. 

I like and dislike the head at the same time. The head sort of looks like a crocodile or an alligator snout because of the way it sticks out. But then again it looks very accurate to the movie version. 

Also the legs feel a bit un-armored and the extender joints in the knees should be covered somehow.

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

Thanks for all the comments, everyone! After seeing some of the other entries, it seems that my chances of winning have greatly diminished, but at least I had fun building this, as well as learn some new techniques for building. :)  (Like how to build high-heel shoes with CCBS parts.) :P

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

Hail Denmark.