Toy Fair 2015: Ninjago

Ooh, nice, dragons-galor! Looks like I'll be spending a lot on Ninjago this year.

One question, do you know for sure that it includes glow-in-the-dark elements? I'm wondering if, like the Glowkies Mixels, it includes a color that looks like it would glow in the dark (yellowish-green maybe?) but doesn't actually. It's hard to tell from the pictures.

Anyway, thanks for posting these, Andrew!

:music:

Ooh, nice, dragons-galor! Looks like I'll be spending a lot on Ninjago this year.

One question, do you know for sure that it includes glow-in-the-dark elements? I'm wondering if, like the Glowkies Mixels, it includes a color that looks like it would glow in the dark (yellowish-green maybe?) but doesn't actually. It's hard to tell from the pictures.

I'm thinking most of those supposedly "glow-in-the-dark" parts ARE in fact Spring Yellowish Green, and a lot of people will be disappointed if they buy these sets expecting them to be a magnificent spectacle when they turn out the lights.

Now, if it turns out I'm wrong, I'm certainly not going to complain. But I have very strong doubts about all those pale green parts actually being glow-in-the-dark, not least because the current glow-in-the-dark color is basically white in color, without an especially noticeable green tint.

Anyway, this is an exciting year for Ninjago — but an expensive one as well. There are more unique Ninjago minifigures this year than any other year in the past! And there are lots and lots of outstanding set designs. It warms my heart and sends a chill to my wallet to see that Ninjago is still going so strong!

• Upvote 2

I'm sure SOME of the parts might be glow in the dark (in particular, the blended "elemental swords" could easily be Trans. Fluor. Green with a White Glow core, somewhat like Takadox's armor), but I too am skeptical about the majority of the elements in those sets. White Glow (the current glow-in-the-dark color)generally looks a lot less greenish than most of the parts in question.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Okay, is it just me, or does Sensei Wu's dragon resemble Falcor from Never-Ending Story?

Statements (Mouseover to view): <1> <2> <3> <4> <5> <6> <7><8> <9>

My MOCs:
Characters- Makuta Dys Makuta Kamazotz Lord Vladek The Helmsmith Protector OCs Skull Whaler Skull Warden

Creatures- Verdelisk Lord of Skull Spiders BBC Contest #69: Kahu Oko Taku

I'll definitely try to pick up the dragons and the mech battle. I'd probably will not be able to get the new Destiny's Bounty if I want to pick up any of the other sets I want, which is too bad, since I really like some things they did with the set. I love that they include the ninja's hair as well as their masks, and I wish that this was standard across all Ninjago sets.

One thing that I love about the Wu's Dragon set that wasn't pointed out was that it came with a crossbow-wielding dog. I find this hilarious. I hope that the Ninja Dog plays a big part in the show.

I hope the flyers range does good and gets expanded. I wasn't collecting much when Ninjago first came out, so I missed out on the spinners. I hope that the flyers are a good way to expand my minifig collection.

If BZPower ever does a review on the new Destiny's Bounty, I would love to see some comparison pictures with the original set.

PSN ID: darthlego
Gamertag: SPARTAN J46
Steam name: jumpy46

Another site had some photos that showed the Destines Bounty came with hair to go and the ninja when they are not wearing their masks, did you see any of the other sets including something like that?

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Another site had some photos that showed the Destines Bounty came with hair to go and the ninja when they are not wearing their masks, did you see any of the other sets including something like that?

I can't say I paid close enough attention. There were a lot of things to look at and only so much time, unfortunately.

I can't say I paid close enough attention. There were a lot of things to look at and only so much time, unfortunately.

That's too bad. Well it's not like I dont have hair I can use if I wanted Zane, Kai or Jay to unmask.

You are their rock.

Attack of the Moro Dragon is my favorite set out of all of these. It looks amazing and has glow in the dark pieces to boot. 

Seeing all of these makes me want to get into watching the episodes to catch up on the story. I may do that sometime. :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Airjitzu Zane come with ice skates.

Any one notice now much the bad mech looks like the Samurai X mech?

Lloyd and Zane only come in one set each, not counting the Airjitzu sets. Lloyd in Final Flight of Destiny's Bounty and Zane in the Titan Mech Battle.

You are their rock.

Any one notice now much the bad mech looks like the Samurai X mech?

Not really, I was too busy noticing how much it looked like Garmadon's Mech from 2013.

Same head on all three, but the toy of the ghost mech has the same shoulders as Samurai X mech, as well as similar arms and legs.

You are their rock.

Man, it's great to see that this line is still going so strong. I think I'm gonna have to finally branch into Ninjago, because some of these sets are too cool to pass up. I'm loving the whole "tournament" concept, the abundance of dragons, and the "wraith" motif of the bad guys. Glad to see there are some impulse buys too. I was just starting to regret selling my only Ninjago set (2258 Ninja Ambush from 2011), so it's good to see that I have a chance to buy basically the same set again with 70752 Jungle Trap. :P

I only wish I had gotten into Ninjago a bit sooner! :)