Why Would They Think That!?

ZTG

Okay this really boggled meIn Reign of Shadows I think or in the latest stories, Agonence made a machine to destroy all Toa because they thought the Toa would kill the Agori? Why would they think that?! Was because of the glitch with the Battera? Think about it...and then when he decided to turn off the machine, it left the building. The Great Beings really needed to fix those glitches. But seriously why would they want to kill the heroes?!

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

It was another backup plan in case something went wrong after Mata Nui completed his mission."The running joke is that they had a backup plan even for breakfast!" :P

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Better to dispose of a few "tools" when you're done with them than to risk said tools backfiring.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Remember that the MU's inhabitants were originally only supposed to be nanobots, not beings with thoughts and feelings. This was a semi-glitch in their programming. The Great Beings feared that if Toa were set loose outside Mata Nui's body, they could pose a significant risk to the Agori's safety.Marendar wasn't supposed to kill all the Toa; it was just made in case they needed to kill all the Toa.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Marender was a back-up tool in case the toa went bad.Think about it, they put amazing powers into nanobots, which developed sentience (spelled that one wrong there) If they went bad, it would be a pretty bad on the Agori's part.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

They created it for the same reason they put the "KILL EVERYTHING"-function into the Ignika: If your experiment goes bad, you flick the kill switch before it becomes tragic. They had already seen their planet literally torn apart by war, so I doubt they wanted a mechanical species with super-powers to make things even worse if they glitched out.

Edited by Katuko

True...but then again, why didn't they have a great being (besides the one who wants kill everyone) monitor their progress? Seems to me the Great Beings should not allow their devices to have flaws.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

"Not allow" and "being able to fix" are two very different things. As an example: you can probably see that your nuclear reactor is about to go all meltdown on you, but you'd be hard pressed to stop it in time. When that happens, sometimes all you can do is to just stand back and dump lead/concrete on it until it stops irradiating everything.

well, the great being (srangly enough) arent pefect. remember what happened with the baterra? the couldnt shut them down, and that cost many agori and glatorian their lives, even after the war was over.as many people said before, if you were a GB, would you want the ironic defeat by your own creations?and if they can stop the sentience "virus", do you think that the GB's would be able to inject the cure or reprogram the toa and matoran while they are being shot at with xian tech and elemental powers? i don't think so. it is easier to make something that does this for them, in a more... permenant way, and buildin it before the toa, matoran, etc. come back, because if they come "infected", there is a good chance they will kill you before you can design, build, and program a failsafe attack bot

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Okay this really boggled meIn Reign of Shadows I think or in the latest stories, Agonence made a machine to destroy all Toa because they thought the Toa would kill the Agori? Why would they think that?! Was because of the glitch with the Battera? Think about it...and then when he decided to turn off the machine, it left the building. The Great Beings really needed to fix those glitches. But seriously why would they want to kill the heroes?!

They made it way back when they first created Mata-Nui and the MU inhabitants. They thought (quite correctly) that there may be glitches. One glitch they thought may have taken place was that the Toa would not deactivate as planned upon the completion of Mata-Nui's destiny, and that they would go insane and kill all the Agori. Therefore, they created Marendar. However, Marendar was glitchy too, so he escaped as soon as all the Toa arrived.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

True...but then again, why didn't they have a great being (besides the one who wants kill everyone) monitor their progress? Seems to me the Great Beings should not allow their devices to have flaws.

It's a little tough to monitor something in that much detail when you're out in space somewhere very far away. Presumably the GB that stayed behind was to take action if he deemed it necessary.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I think that's why they had the disguised Great Being in there, to monitor them.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I think that's why they had the disguised Great Being in there, to monitor them.
Exactly. It's close to impossible to achieve perfection and that especially holds true to creations. No matter how "perfect" you may think your creation may be, there is always going to be at least one flaw with it.

A Toa eh? What kind of Toa am I?

Ever wanted to read a manga styled retelling of the early years of Bionicle? Here ya go!

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=1384

Keep in mind that the Great Beings are not gods. They are really powerfull, but not omnipotent. Like all smart creature experimentation scientists, they had a backup plan in case their creation went haywire, and technically, it did. The toa and matoran were supposed to be drones. Robotic laborers whose only function was to work. They did not anticipate any emotions or heroism or trechery, but they were mistaken. Comically mistaken, so it seems-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

The other Great Beings had no idea that one of them would stay in the MU.

jlovfkk.jpg

It was supposed to stop rampaging Toa as they were supposed to deactivate once Mata-Nui healed Spherus Magna. However, the Toa and Matoran and MU inhabitants developed feelings , emotions, conscience and that was part of the same error which ,probably, also prevented their deactivation when Mata-Nui fulfilled his destiny. Of course, Marendar did not know that and did not know they were "living".It was just Marendar doing its job. Agnonce just did not reach it in time to deactivate it.