BBC Contest #69 Takanuva: Master of Twilight & Toa Ignika: Master

Takanuva: Master of Twilight & Toa Ignika: Master of Life

Also this is based on the 2008 version of Takanuva. (Mistika)

Both

Takanuva:

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Toa Ignika:

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Image 5

Image 6

These were some of my first titan sets. When I saw this contest I knew I had to make these. Even with limited parts I managed to make this!

This was made from:

All the 2015 toa

Brain Attack Surge

And some other sets I don't remember.

Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze
  • Upvote 7

~After they make Styrofoam, what do they ship it in?~

They look good, my only grudge would be the fact that I just prefer Takanuva to be gold,

This is actually based on the Mistika version of Takanuva when he was partially drained of light. I didn't want to use his original form because I don't have his golden mask also because the original form seemed like a common choice for most people. Also, his "twilight' form seems more evil. And I like evil. :D

This is actually based on the Mistika version of Takanuva when he was partially drained of light. I didn't want to use his original form because I don't have his golden mask also because the original form seemed like a common choice for most people. Also, his "twilight' form seems more evil. And I like evil. :D

I'm not criticizing, I know what it's based on, and a semi-evil Takanuva is a good idea, I just prefer the original for nostalgia's sake,

I'm not criticizing, I know what it's based on, and a semi-evil Takanuva is a good idea, I just prefer the original for nostalgia's sake,

I would have done the original, if I had the golden version of his mask. I might make one not for the contest later for fun.

Great choices for remakes, though Takanuva's mask looks pretty big for his body. I like Toa Ignika a lot, your rendition of his vehicle is very cool.

Yeah. Comparing the older masks to the 2015 ones they seem way bigger than them. Also his mask is half the height of his body. Also is the Stars mask smaller? I don't have it but I'm wondering if that could have been a better choice.

Great choices for remakes, though Takanuva's mask looks pretty big for his body. I like Toa Ignika a lot, your rendition of his vehicle is very cool.

Yeah. Comparing the older masks to the 2015 ones they seem way bigger than them. Also his mask is half the height of his body. Also is the Stars mask smaller? I don't have it but I'm wondering if that could have been a better choice.

Yeah the Stars mask is smaller, but I think the gunmetal that you chose looks better.

IetTsFQ.png

Wow, great job here! I had both of these sets when I was younger (putting together Takanuva at age 8 was a day-long, entire-family activity) and these certainly capture their essences! Best part HAS to be the flyboard. I love the trans-red "flame" shell in the exhaust pipe.

10/10 would Bonkle again

• Upvote 1

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Man G1 masks were huge. They look oversized on these CCBS-based figures. Regardless, both are very sound figures. Takanuva's colours and weapons are perfect. Ignika's use of Lewa's base design works pretty well and I like the Keetorange Metru foot on his chest. The skyboard is amazing and uses the larger G2 pieces in an effective manner and it looks great all around.

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Thank you all for the good reviews.

Man G1 masks were huge. They look oversized on these CCBS-based figures. Regardless, both are very sound figures. Takanuva's colours and weapons are perfect. Ignika's use of Lewa's base design works pretty well and I like the Keetorange Metru foot on his chest. The skyboard is amazing and uses the larger G2 pieces in an effective manner and it looks great all around.

-NotS

The masks being hugr might be because takanuva was a titan set so the mask had to be scaled up. That's my idea. The kerto foot was a solotion to the problem of there not being much keeto G2 parts.

The skyboard's balance could have been improved though.

Wow, great job here! I had both of these sets when I was younger (putting together Takanuva at age 8 was a day-long, entire-family activity) and these certainly capture their essences! Best part HAS to be the flyboard. I love the trans-red "flame" shell in the exhaust pipe.

10/10 would Bonkle again

I got Takanuva when I was 8 as well. I built him all by myself though :P

His parts ended up snapping a few months later for some unknown reason. The rxaust pipe could have been improved if a red bone was used instead of a black one.

Which part? Also, I don't have any protectors. :P

Takanuva's chestpiece,

That part came with Kopaka.

Yeah the Stars mask is smaller, but I think the gunmetal that you chose looks better.

I see.

I'm thinking about improving these mocs after the contest is over.

Edited by PhoenixFireBlaze

Takanuva looks really odd and not that good looking. The head is too big, it would look a lot better on a bigger size MOC and I don't like the mix of silver and pearl dark gray in my opinion, but I do like the staff.

Toa Ignika is alright but it's seems hunchback and the chest armor is a bad part of the MOC that I really dislike, I think it would be a lot better if it was the HF 2.0 body armor. The Skyboard is great and I like it being mix with the HF and G2 bionicle parts.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

These are both fantastic. I  especially like Toa Ignika's board. 

Thanks! :D

Takanuva looks really odd and not that good looking. The head is too big, it would look a lot better on a bigger size MOC and I don't like the mix of silver and pearl dark gray in my opinion, but I do like the staff.

Toa Ignika is alright but it's seems hunchback and the chest armor is a bad part of the MOC that I really dislike, I think it would be a lot better if it was the HF 2.0 body armor. The Skyboard is great and I like it being mix with the HF and G2 bionicle parts.

The head is very big. Unfortunately I am not the best of moc makers and I only had limited G2 parts. Also the reason for the chestplate design on toa ignika is the fact that there was no keeto orange chestplate.

I'll keep these suggestions in mind if I get more G2 parts.

The head is very big. Unfortunately I am not the best of moc makers and I only had limited G2 parts. Also the reason for the chestplate design on toa ignika is the fact that there was no keeto orange chestplate.

Well there are Bright Light Orange 2.0 body armor that came in Jetbug and Stringer 3.0 but you probably don't have them, but what about using a silver or block body armor?

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

This might actually be one of my favorite entries in the contest. 

I love how you've taken a character who was a smaller figure on a "vehicle" and a massive-sized character, and put them oth in perfect scale to one another. Both are perfectly reasonable as real-set concepts, and would fit perfectly in the G2 style. Well done!

Edited by VBBN

This is one of the best entries I've seen so far. Great job, they look G2ish without any doubt. I love how they resemble so well the original sets while having a moder build. That Goblin Board (forgot its name ಥ_ಥ) is very well built, great job. Good luck in the contest!

Thank you! :D I believe it was just called a skyboard.

Well there are Bright Light Orange 2.0 body armor that came in Jetbug and Stringer 3.0 but you probably don't have them, but what about using a silver or block body armor?

I might. At the time of building this my brother was using the only other silver chestpiece we had for his own creation that is why I had to use the foot at the time.

I have the Keetorange chestplate. Too bad I don't have all that many other Keetorange parts, otherwise I'd be using them more often.

I wish I had one T-T. Keeto orange is a nice color.

This might actually be one of my favorite entries in the contest. 

I love how you've taken a character who was a smaller figure on a "vehicle" and a massive-sized character, and put them oth in perfect scale to one another. Both are perfectly reasonable as real-set concepts, and would fit perfectly in the G2 style. Well done!

Thank you :D. I tried to make my sets as close to looking like sets that lego designed. With a resize of the heads and a little modification to the chestpiece on ignika I think these would look like legitimate sets. 

These guys turned out cool!  I like how well you were able to transfer their G1 aesthetics into a G2 style.  I kinda wish that their blasters had been replaced with the new ones, but I totally see the reasons for keeping the midak blasters.  Nice entries and good luck in the contest!

fazelynx_100.jpgunit_t4-z6a_100.jpgsharp_ed_100.jpgmt-05_100.jpgaeolus_100.jpgzaldrizes_100.jpghysleria_100.jpgnivawk_100.jpg

These guys turned out cool!  I like how well you were able to transfer their G1 aesthetics into a G2 style.  I kinda wish that their blasters had been replaced with the new ones, but I totally see the reasons for keeping the midak blasters.  Nice entries and good luck in the contest!

Thanks. I didn't have the protector launchers at the time at making these. However, I didn't think they looked like midak launchers. They look more like cordak launchers than anything.

I don't know what you guys are talking about with the masks being too big... if anything, it looks more chibi, and chibi is GOOD.

Thanks. However, I wasn't really looking for a chibi style look. I actually agree with the fact that they are too big. I just don't know how I could have fixed it with my limited resources.