BBCC #69: New Nuju

socketball

Wow, good job, dude! I like the mix of old pieces and new CCBS shells, and the overall ice Toa feel. I like how it takes the slenderness of the Toa Metru and beefs him up, giving him strength but not making him... fat.

Great job, overall, and welcome to BZPower! 

"Remember when the comics forum had a lot of good stuff? Let's make that a thing again." -Kazi the Matoran

Shoulder armour is seriously kickin'. The design is really complex yet looks like it all fits into place. Interesting, slightly arched shape. CCBS is sparse, but it's not too big a deal cause there is a lot of ingenuity in that torso. Can't say I would imagine Gen 2 Nuju looking like this, but standalone it is fabulous. Oh, and welcome to the site! :) 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

This is probably my favourite entry that I've seen so far. :) I love the shoulder armour and the complexity of the torso build, but I'm not sure about the knees/hips; they look disproportionately wide, so I, personally, would make them a bit thinner. Other than that, I'd say this is a great entry, and if the polls were started now, I'd probably vote for this Nuju. Great work!

VBWj75sh.png

Great MOC, I love these bulky shoulders, these pieces on the knee that stick out a bit are very cool in my opinion, he is well proportioned and well constructed. The only con is that it doesn't look that much 2015ish he has very few CCBS elements. Still brillant MOC

(I'm also working on a Nuju for my Metru Nui Legacy project, and i rebuilt him like 4 times. Still not satisfied of the result. This is very inspiring, you've done a great work!)

Thanks for the feedback and welcoming words, everyone! You'll be seeing more of my creations on this board as I make them.

This is probably my favourite entry that I've seen so far. :) I love the shoulder armour and the complexity of the torso build, but I'm not sure about the knees/hips; they look disproportionately wide, so I, personally, would make them a bit thinner. Other than that, I'd say this is a great entry, and if the polls were started now, I'd probably vote for this Nuju. Great work!

Yeah, I did notice that upon 'finishing' it - this build actually started with the legs and the rest kind of developed on its own. That issue can probably be solved with a bit of remaking of the lower torso.

Great MOC, I love these bulky shoulders, these pieces on the knee that stick out a bit are very cool in my opinion, he is well proportioned and well constructed. The only con is that it doesn't look that much 2015ish he has very few CCBS elements. Still brillant MOC

(I'm also working on a Nuju for my Metru Nui Legacy project, and i rebuilt him like 4 times. Still not satisfied of the result. This is very inspiring, you've done a great work!)

I actually just had this one lying around well before the contest; I heard of the contest and figured 'why not post it here?' I don't expect to win or anything since it doesn't really fit the theme too well, but it's a nice and easy way for my creations to gain attention. Glad to see I've inspired you!

You can find all of my mocs, custom parts, and other lego-related stuff at Flickr, Instagram, or Brickshelf.

One of the thing I want to bring up first is that I really don't like the legs, It's odd and I think having a 4th articulation is a bad idea, but I will say that the upper legs are pretty nice. The body is good but it seem like it would work more on a MOC with shorter legs and arms, now the arm are pretty good and I like the upper arm armor.

The last thing I don't like about the MOC is the lack of Ultrabuild parts, it jsut don't make me think Gen 2 it's more of a revamp, I think it would be a lot better less bionicle pieces...      a lot less, and keep like a small number of it like the weapon and mask (and maybe the upper arm) in my opinion.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

• 3 weeks later...

I've made some update to fix some small issues - version submitted for the contest is in the OP, of course this new version doesn't count. Figured making a new thread would have been redundant.

View the same photo set on Flickr, Brickshelf or Tumblr

Edited by novuscarpus

You can find all of my mocs, custom parts, and other lego-related stuff at Flickr, Instagram, or Brickshelf.

Those shoulders are beautiful, an absolute highlight of this MOC. The torso is solid and well designed, but is also proportionately short, bringing down a design that is otherwise worthy of the amazing shoulders. The shoulder armor pieces on the thighs are kind of weird; I'm generally not found of them as thigh armor, but they surprisingly aren't too distracting. The shin and knee armor has a nice smooth design. They stick outward a bit, but match the shoulder armor very well and I like them. The legs also could be a big longer if the torso is extended.

The only actual problems are the proportions (though some people might be irked by the conflicting blue and red pins in the torso) , but altogether it is a fantastic MOC which displays a great amount of creativity and will give some competition in the contest.

Edited by V-N
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock