Top 10 Lego Songs of All Time?

Zeb

There have been many, many Lego songs throughout the years, ranging from all sorts of genres and coming from many different artists. There have been funny songs...

...rock songs...

...theatrical soundtracks...

...and all sorts of songs/themes/tunes! Some great (like "Everything is Awesome"), some not-so-great (like "Piraka Rap"), and some just plain hilarious (like "Rahkshi Rock").

But in your opinion, what are the top 10 best Lego songs with lyrics of all time? What are the top 10 best instrumental Lego songs/themes of all time? And what are the top 10 best Lego tunes of all time, instrumental or with lyrics?

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Hmm...not in order...

1. Zane's True Potential

2. The Mask of Light Trailer Music

3. The Weekend Whip

4. The intro theme for Legends of Chima

5. The credits music (especially the Kikanalo theme) of Legends of Metru Nui.

6. The opening theme for Mask of Light

7. The Great Rescue (WoS)

8. The demo version of Caught in a Dream. 

9. The original Mata Nui theme

10. Hero Mode Soundtrack of Bionicle Heroes

At least, that's what comes to mind most readily. I think the orginal Mata Nui theme would go on top, and Legends of Chima on bottom, but the in-between is hard. 

Top 10 Instrumentals:

10) The Alpha Team "Deep Freeze" game theme

9) Falcon Chase, from Ninjago

8) The Le-Koro Band

7) The Ending MNOLG theme

6) The Mars Mission Crystalien Conflict theme (the full version is really fun to listen to!)

5) The BIONICLE Music

4) Cloud Cuckooland, from The LEGO Movie (both the OST version and the film version are great!)

3) The Great Rescue, from WoS (even though it's kinda ripped off of John Williams' Buckbeak's Flight)

2) BIONICLEstory.com 2007 theme

1) Lhikan's Demise, from LoMN

The Piraka Rap is SO GREAT that it is holds the top six positions on the list at the same time.

Oh no... Pohatu... I think the Piraka rap is brainwashing you.

Which is great, because it's the best song I've ever heard too!!!

Edited by TheSkeletonMan939

I don't think it's that fair to judge "songs" against non-lyrical "scores", so I'm separating both into top-5 lists.

Songs with Lyrics
5. Gravity Hurts (Bionicle): Unlike most of the songs in Bionicle's later years, Gravity Hurts had an incredibly triumphant sound that helped to reinforce the beginning of what was essentially the original Toa's final battle.

4. Brick by Brick (Lego Island): This song may be cheesy but the fact that it still gets stuck in my head many years after I last played Lego Island is a testament to how much of an earworm it could be.
3. Creeping in my Soul (Bionicle): The first song Cryoshell did for Bionicle, and still one of their most iconic. Its brooding vocals helped establish a new sound for Bionicle's later years.
2. The Weekend Whip (Ninjago): As the Ninjago theme song, it's one of the most well known Lego songs and is incredibly catchy.
1. Everything is Awesome (The Lego Movie): Regardless of how related to Lego it is on its own, there's no denying that it's the most iconic Lego song and will likely remain that way for a long time.

Non-Vocal Scores
5. Emmet's Morning (The Lego Movie): The Lego Movie soundtrack in general was amazing, with a wild electronic sound that perfectly suited the blocky nature of the world and the jerky nature of the movie's stop-motion-esque animation. This song helped to start the movie off slow before the rapid escalation of the rest of the movie, and established the iconic sound that would define the soundtrack as a whole.

4. The Bionicle Music (Bionicle): At the beginning of the theme's lifespan Bionicle attempted to create a unique and iconic sound for the theme, something Ninjago would later do more effectively. But this track's mix of electronic and traditional instrumentation certainly made it stand out for the first few years.

3. Falling to Earth (Lego City: Undercover): Lego City: Undercover's soundtrack was very good in general. But the most iconic music from it would have to be this incredible track, which played during the game's climax and made the fairly generic Lego City line suddenly feel as epic in scope as Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, or Bionicle.

2. Ninjago Overture (Ninjago): Ninjago was the first Lego theme I was aware of that successfully created its own iconic sound and stuck with it. The main leitmotif of the show is iconic, recognizable, and generally awesome.

1. I Am A Master Builder (The Lego Movie): Of all the great songs in the Lego Movie soundtrack, this track stands out in particular for its triumphant rendition of the movie's main leitmotif. Building never seemed as awesome as it did when this song rolled around.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

As a personal restriction: only one song per source (e.g. only one song from LEGO Island can be included... however, three songs from the LEGO Island trilogy, each from a different game, can be included), though I will include a few honorable mentions.  This list will not include any BIONICLE songs, since those can easily take up a whole list all to themselves, and you're asking for the best LEGO songs.

These are also not listed in order of "best" to "least best", because that's too hard for an indecisive cool dude like me to figure out.  They're just listed alphabetically by source name (except for Island Xtreme Stunts, but that's grouped with the other two LEGO Island games).

1. "Main Theme" by Beat Revolution (Alpha Team).  It's everything a good action-filled spy-themed soundtrack should have.  It's fun, jazzy, and catchy, but also very intense with more than a hint of underlying danger to it.  Furthermore, for anyone who was inflicted with the horror of the Alpha Team looping audio glitch, being able to hear this song play out in full is truly a blessing.  Honorable mentions: "Deep-Sea Orb Factory: Build" and "Arctic Command Base: Go!"
  2. "Earth Battle" by Chris Rezanson (LEGO Battles).  Sorry, you won't find this one on YouTube... I actually had uploaded the LEGO Battles soundtrack to my channel, but only a couple days later, Chris Rezanson sent me a private message threatening me with legal action if I did not immediately take those videos down.  That's copyright for you.  Anyways, what we have here is a really intense track constructed from four distinct sections, each ranging from suspenseful to energetic.  Honorable mentions: "Pirates Battle"
  3. "Falling to Earth" by Simon Withenshaw and Suddi Raval (LEGO City Undercover).  It's big.  It's dramatic.  It's climactic.  It's got an ominous choir chanting "LEGO LEGO LEGO CITY CITY" over and over again.  What more could you ask for?  Honorable mentions: well, this is embarrassing...
  4. "Happy Roaming" by Michael Blakeman (LEGO Island).  The LEGO Island songs "are like my children.  I love them all, but I had to pick favorites... hmm, let's see..."  This one came to mind because, to me, it's exactly what LEGO Island is.  I listen to this song, and I see myself relaxing on a beautiful summer day, enjoying the sun and having fun.  Honorable mentions: too many to list... this game's whole soundtrack is awesome!
  5. "Parachute Training" by David R. Punshon and Richard Wells (LEGO Island 2: The Brickster's Revenge).  I know, this one is everyone's favorite song from LEGO Island 2... but it's so catchy!  It gets in your head and doesn't leave!  I don't listen to a lot of techno or otherwise electronic music, but I always enjoy giving this one a listen.  Honorable mentions: "Pyramid Area", "Snake Pursuit", and "OGEL Island"
  6. "Photo Fit" by Stafford Brawler, John Hancock, Mark Hyett, and Steve Gow (Island Xtreme Stunts).  As epic as the final boss music is, I have to give this slot to "Photo Fit" instead.  Not only is it a welcome call-back in style to the police station theme from the first game, but it's also a darn good blues song in its own right.  It's so lovely and relaxing to listen to this.  Honorable mentions: "2002", "Brickster Boss ver. 1", and "Brickster Boss ver. 2"
  7. "Xalax" by Stephen Maloney (LEGO Racers 2).  As the race is about to begin, it feels like it's building up to something big and important, getting your heart racing... and when the lights turn green, it kicks in with this awesome melody that, personally, perfectly evokes the excitement of racing through the tunnels, loops, and other hazards of the Xalax dome.  Honorable mentions: "Riegel's Racetrack" and "The Grand Finale"
  8. "Paradox" by Brian Tyler (LEGO Universe).  As far as I know, LEGO Universe is the only LEGO soundtrack to be performed by a full live orchestra, and it shows.  This whole soundtrack is magnificent.  But, if I had to pick one track, then I would choose this one.  It's the game's main theme, remixed into a fast-paced and exciting battle theme with an Oriental flavor.  Honorable mentions: again, too many to list from a very awesome soundtrack!
  9. "Falcon Chase" by Jay Vincent and Mike Kramer (Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu).  When this song played, it was the first time I truly noticed the Ninjago soundtrack.  Such a beautiful and adventurous violin solo.  Honorable mentions: "Fall of the Green Ninja" and "The Final Battle"
  10. "Reaching the Kragle" by Mark Mothersbaugh (The LEGO Movie).  The LEGO Movie's soundtrack is a little too electronic for my tastes, but I still can appreciate it.  The first half is fine, but it's the second half which is the reason this song makes the list.  It's just so dramatic and emotional, helping to carry the weight of the equally-dramatic and emotional scene it's in.  Honorable mentions: "Escape" and "Wyldstyle Leads"
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1