Matoro Mahri (BBC contest #69)

You know, I can easily see myself voting for this. You've got an amazing Matoro Titan right here. I'm loving everything about him, especially his Cordak Blaster! Can the upgraded version fire the projectiles?

His back armor is beautifully sculpted, too! Marvelous job! 

Edited by The Irrational Rock

bZpOwEr

You know, I can easily see myself voting for this. You've got an amazing Matoro Titan right here. I'm loving everything about him, especially his Cordak Blaster! Can the upgraded version fire the projectiles?

His back armor is beautifully sculpted, too! Marvelous job! 

Thanks!

Sadly, no, the souped up Cordak cannot fire. :P

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

The MOC look like you have been trying way too hard, it's way too bulky and the Twin Cutter is too big and the lower arms and legs are really odd, but I do like the Cordak Blaster. I think it would be best to remake the MOC but still keep the target idea.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

The MOC look like you have been trying way too hard, it's way too bulky and the Twin Cutter is too big and the lower arms and legs are really odd, but I do like the Cordak Blaster. I think it would be best to remake the MOC but still keep the target idea.

*Shrugs* Too late now. :P Besides, I like him as he is.

Too bulky? Aren't all the new Toa bulky? :P

• 4 weeks later...

You asked me about my reaction to your MOC in the contest poll and I thought I'd reply in full here:

I personally don't have too big a problem with the bulkiness of the body. It's a solid and strong design, though a nitpick is the lower thighs, which could use more meat to match the rest of the MOC's size. I like the shoulder armor, with the frosted-look on top. The Cordak blaster is my favorite part of the MOC. It is relatively simple, but smooth and effective.

I am not particularly fond of the claw. While the arm holding the Cordak doesn't have a hand either, the arm holding the claw has an unappealing complex collection of parts where the hand would be--It would be nice if the arm and weapon were designed more clearly distinguishable. But the claw mainly looks to bulky to effectively wield. I think the best thing you could do to improve it would be to move the claw close to where the wrist would be, so it wouldn't stick out sideways from the arm too much. While the original Matoro had his claw sticking out the same way, for a claw of this size my suggestion might make it look more like a functional weapon, instead of appearing so unbalancing.

Hope that clears things up. I wish you the best of luck in your poll!

• Upvote 2
"What we see depends mainly on what we look for" -John Lubbock

You asked me about my reaction to your MOC in the contest poll and I thought I'd reply in full here:

I personally don't have too big a problem with the bulkiness of the body. It's a solid and strong design, though a nitpick is the lower thighs, which could use more meat to match the rest of the MOC's size. I like the shoulder armor, with the frosted-look on top. The Cordak blaster is my favorite part of the MOC. It is relatively simple, but smooth and effective.

I am not particularly fond of the claw. While the arm holding the Cordak doesn't have a hand either, the arm holding the claw has an unappealing complex collection of parts where the hand would be--It would be nice if the arm and weapon were designed more clearly distinguishable. But the claw mainly looks to bulky to effectively wield. I think the best thing you could do to improve it would be to move the claw close to where the wrist would be, so it wouldn't stick out sideways from the arm too much. While the original Matoro had his claw sticking out the same way, for a claw of this size my suggestion might make it look more like a functional weapon, instead of appearing so unbalancing.

Hope that clears things up. I wish you the best of luck in your poll!

I didn't really know how to fix that, making the thighs taller to accommodate more armor would have made him a bit too off proportion for my taste and the overall style of Gen2 toa, as well as make it even more difficult for him to stand up. :P Making the shins shorter to accommodate longer thighs would have required me to completely redo them, and as I was rather proud of those and still am (despite their unconventionality making them awkward to others, something I did not portend at the time), well, I'm just out of luck. :P

Yeah... I kind of mashed his claw onto his armor as if it was integrated into a gauntlet armor thing instead of handheld, hence, part of the reason why his claw arm is so buffed up. I tried to keep the claw at least somewhat proportional to the original, and I didn't think it appeared so unbalancing, but I think I see where you're coming from. And if I still kept him up after taking pictures of him, I would probably try it. :P

Yes, this clears things up significantly for me and explains some things, like how a matoran crushed him in the polls (well, maybe not explain that much :P ). I give you my sincere thanks for enlightening me more fully of the pros and cons of my MOC and apologies for not noticing this sooner. :P

• Upvote 1