Bricklink Finds Topic

Saint-14

Hey all! So I've noticed that there is an official eBay topic, as well as an official rare items topic, but none yet for interesting Bricklink finds. So, I thought it might be a good idea to start one, since many of us here are users there.

You can post interesting finds, rares for good prices, or even post your own items that you feel fall under those categories

Here is an example:

I found a sealed Voporak, the box is reportedly 8/10 condition, but ships worldwide and is available for a relatively good price

Hope this topic helps!

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

I once found a copper Komau for £25, and when it arrived it turned out it wasn't just the Komau, it was the European Huna as well, still sealed in the packaging from Billund.

Which now belongs to me :P

hTeXGIU.png

Also, if you're a resident of the UK and like Bionicle, go ahead and join

us at this awesome Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/BFUK7/

I have a sealed Vezok in stock here > http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=Munty

Not much else to report right now but I did come across a whole host of stores selling dirt cheap copper huna yesterday, cheapest is currently 6p!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Which you opened ;-;

Why bike why!!! Now it's really worth £25... Why not just buy them separately and save some money??? You know, instead of throwing it away...

Which you opened ;-;

Why bike why!!! Now it's really worth £25... Why not just buy them separately and save some money??? You know, instead of throwing it away...

I didn't buy it :P It was VERY satisfying to open :) Plus, I can be happy in the knowledge that No-one else's grubby fingers have touched those masks!

hTeXGIU.png

Which you opened ;-;

I didn't buy it :P It was VERY satisfying to open :) Plus, I can be happy in the knowledge that No-one else's grubby fingers have touched those masks!

Yeah, only your grubby fingers have touched it. :P  ;)

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Which you opened ;-;

EXCUSE ME?!

Anyway, back on topic, I saw a "light grey" Krana Yo go not long ago.

hTeXGIU.png

Which you opened ;-;

You disgust me! :P

Chronix should have kept it. I would pay a lot more than £25.

Back on topic, many masks that I need are very cheap. I see quite a few shops in the UK with reasonably priced misprints. Sadly no red Ruru's.  :(

You should have gotten that light grey Krana if it was cheap. Was it a Bo by any chance?

Which you opened ;-;

Massively devaluing it in the process! Terrible...

The light grey krana will just be a normal grey one. People frequently list collectibles with the wrong colours.

Which you opened ;-;

You disgust me! :P

Chronix should have kept it. I would pay a lot more than £25.

Back on topic, many masks that I need are very cheap. I see quite a few shops in the UK with reasonably priced misprints. Sadly no red Ruru's.  :(

You should have gotten that light grey Krana if it was cheap. Was it a Bo by any chance?

Nah, he traded a Pearl Gold Kraahkan for it so it's cool.

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

Wait, you traded the copper mask pack for Charlie's PGK? Then why is it still in your sig? And who on earth trades a PLGK for a copper komau?!

• Upvote 1

Yeah. Do you have a PLGK?  And what idiot would agree to a trade like that?

Well done for finding somebody who would.

I want one. :crying: It's so pretty.

I'll find one, eventually. 

EDIT: Oh, your post explains a lot. What else did you trade?

Edited by Craig B

Yeah. Do you have a PLGK?  And what idiot would agree to a trade like that?

Well done for finding somebody who would.

I want one. :crying: It's so pretty.

I'll find one, eventually. 

I got a lot out of it.

hTeXGIU.png

Interesting... The PLGK is one of the most rarely traded HTF collectibles out there. I hope you got more than a lot for it because it's worth more than a lot. A lot lot more than a lot :P

Agreed, they're asking too much for that. I'm not selling any until the promotion has ended worldwide or it just seems insulting to sensible people :P

I think the PLGK is only valued at around £25-30 which is a very reasonable amount but you could EASILY sell one for significantly more than that given how high the demand is for them.

As you know, some people do a lot for rare collectibles. (looks at empty wallet)

And another over priced trans orange Hau. A ripoff if you ask me or anybody sane.

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?colorID=18&itemID=129763

How much does a PLGK go for usually?

Haha, one of those trans-orange Haus and you're well over the store's minimum buy :P

And after checking in Briclink the average cost, so far (after two sales) is around $24, so not too bad. In the future, to check on the average price you go to the item itself (from the catalogue) and the third column on the item page should have a link to the average price per colour :)

Edit: here's a link to the average price guide for the PLGK http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=44815b&colorID=115 hope this helps!

Edited by ~Haxorus~

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

Cheaper than I expected then. Lets see how long it takes Teresa to take advantage of that one. :P

I thought they would be £60 to £80. 

The moccing potential for that mask is fantastic. I have nearly every variant of the Kraahkan besides that one and the gunmetal one (and maybe a few others I missed) 

EDIT: That helps a lot. Now I know what mask I need to seek out next!

Edited by Craig B
  • Upvote 1

Looks like those sellers didn't know what they had, can't believe one sold for less than £2 last year!!! Of course it's possible that one was listed incorrectly but if not the buyer got lucky! The £12 one was a bargain too and recent! I guess inexperienced sellers don't have any records to go on when they price them as they're so rare so end up pricing them too low.

They certainly don't sell that cheap in the community!

Looks like those sellers didn't know what they had, can't believe one sold for less than £2 last year!!! Of course it's possible that one was listed incorrectly but if not the buyer got lucky! The £12 one was a bargain too and recent! I guess inexperienced sellers don't have any records to go on when they price them as they're so rare so end up pricing them too low.

They certainly don't sell that cheap in the community!

It would be a good start of this community to start going by the prices listed there, too, it might help make a common ground for prices

Plus Bricklink has proven itself a very reliable source for buying and selling items, so the prices listed there can onpy be assumed to be accurate

BZPRPG:

I agree, I get my prices from recent bricklink sales/current listings. My point is the site only shows 6 months of sales records though and since the PLGK has only sold twice (both times at ridiculously low prices) it can't be trusted as a good price guid for that particular item.

The MEK is another good example, worth £20+ all day any day. Currently however there are three very reasonably priced ones up for £15 which lower the value of the item but ONLY for as long as they are for sale. If the first seller had listed his for £20 for example, the other two who added theirs afterwards would have also priced them around £20 so as to be competitive.

In the case of the PLGK the recent sales have been very low due to lack of information for uninformed sellers. The MEK is the result of a 'living economy' but not in the normal sense of supply and demand but rather the competitive nature of the three people selling them. I've left my price very high by comparison because I know what they're really worth and wouod rather hold onto mine until those 3 sell and the price returns to normal than sell them cheaply now and have none left when the market returns!

Simple economics. Which is evidently rarely as si ple as it sounds :D

I too am looking for a MEK and PLGK, It is surprising to me that PLGK are in so low circulation?

If you find one of those PLGA I'd like one as well :D The PLGK was included in a playset but only for a limited time before they changed the colour of that part to flat dark gold (or they changed it after, can never remember!) As a result, the part was never produced in high numbers, and I'm not really sure how popular the playsets were at the time either... That as far as I'm aware, is why the PLGK is as hard to find as it is. So when you get one, you definitely keep it ;) 

Does anybody know how many PLGK were produced roughly?

Lots. As far as I know, they were in the entire first production run of the Tower of Toa set.

The thing is, people who rushed out to buy that set as soon as it came out are also probably serious collectors or fans, and so are unlikely to sell. I would guess that's why we don't see them for sale very often.

In other news, here's an overpriced sealed Powerpack if anyone's really eager: http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=brickstar&itemID=69553110

-Letagi

Not as bad as the other one that sold for a few thousand. :P

You are like the collectibles go to guy. 

I would love to get my hands on one of those masks at some point. 

I go to a Birmingham toy fair and every time I see the Tower of Toa play set, I always check for one now. :P

I got 10 black Hordika necks from Bricklink a few months ago. They were more than 1 buck each, so they were quite expensive but they're really useful for Mocs.

I got a black Toa Nuva leg. Was it from a store called magicbricks or something like that?

Yup, I saw the black Nuva Leg but I wasn't really interested in it. The store is also where one of the silver great Hunas came from.

Hail Denmark

I got 10 black Hordika necks from Bricklink a few months ago. They were more than 1 buck each, so they were quite expensive but they're really useful for Mocs.

I got a black Toa Nuva leg. Was it from a store called magicbricks or something like that?

Yup, I saw the black Nuva Leg but I wasn't really interested in it. The store is also where one of the silver great Hunas came from.

How does he obtain all those prototypes?

bzpower selfmoc smiley.gif

How does he obtain all those prototypes?
Maybe he is in touch with a former Lego employee who worked with Bionicle?

hTeXGIU.png