Toy Fair 2015: Legends of Chima & Ultra Agents

The Ultra Agents sets are honestly really cool. I'd start my system collection off with these if I could, but I barely have enough room in my room for Bionicle as it is. D'X

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

A couple of those Ultra Agents sets really remind me of Alpha Team! Particularly the underwater Headquarters and Ocean HQ. The Chima sets are nice looking as well, especially the Ice Fortress and the Phoenix, although the three-wheeled guy doesn't look so great I think.

IetTsFQ.png

The Ultra Agents sets look cool. The helicopter is slightly less impressive than the original Agents Helicopter, but it gets a lot of points for being the first coaxial helicopter ever produced as a Lego set! And the summer sets are great too—Antimatter's base may be small but it looks distinctive, and the boat set is just incredible, with a spectacular brick-built hull.

Also, one part in particular stands out to me, and I'll have to either get a set that includes it or order some off Bricklink. That would be the "axe blades" on Antimatter's staff, which look like they'd be a great match for the similar ones from 2015 Lewa and Gali, but at minifigure scale. Part of me holds out hope that we might get official Bionicle minifigs that resemble the Toa's new basic appearances at some point (the "mini-hero" arms and legs would work just as well for Bionicle as they did for HF), but until then it'd be nice to at least have some tiny weapons to mess around with.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I was never really that into Chima, but if this is the last year for the theme, I feel like they could have done something different than the whole fire and ice thing. It's kind of getting old.

Ultra Agents sets look great though. Too bad I have no room for them in my collection. :(

Edited by Fordianl

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

That ultra agents boat looks super cool, but...

"99 USD, 199 CAD"...

I don't think that Canadian Dollar is THAT bad right now, is it? That's a crazy inflation for one set O_o

I believe the correct price is $119.99, but I'll have to double-check this evening when I have the press guide in front of me. The information for each set has to be transcribed by hand, so I'm impressed that's the only mistake anyone has caught so far! :P
  • Upvote 3

Can't say I'm a fan of Chima - washout overuse is washout overuse. And the Ultra Agents theme looks like they took all of the parts Lego had left over after making the other themes and decided to make...that. :P Some of the vehicles look like wackadoodle recolored Tron. 

I really like the boat though, and given its price, it is a decent price for a boat. If I had the money, I think it would be a good investment. 

The Ultra Agents sets look cool. The helicopter is slightly less impressive than the original Agents Helicopter, but it gets a lot of points for being the first coaxial helicopter ever produced as a Lego set! And the summer sets are great too—Antimatter's base may be small but it looks distinctive, and the boat set is just incredible, with a spectacular brick-built hull.

Also, one part in particular stands out to me, and I'll have to either get a set that includes it or order some off Bricklink. That would be the "axe blades" on Antimatter's staff, which look like they'd be a great match for the similar ones from 2015 Lewa and Gali, but at minifigure scale. Part of me holds out hope that we might get official Bionicle minifigs that resemble the Toa's new basic appearances at some point (the "mini-hero" arms and legs would work just as well for Bionicle as they did for HF), but until then it'd be nice to at least have some tiny weapons to mess around with.

I wish the helicopter wasn't so expensive because the coaxial system is fantastic and I would fly that thing all around my room.  Interesting and cool how two Ultra Agents sets this wave use the same turntable piece to create less standard gear motion (the copter and SkDrillex).

When i saw that blade piece, the first thing I thought of was Gresh's weapons.  They sort of look like the axe/fin pieces too, but I feel like they also look like another piece that for some reason I can't think of at the moment (and it's bothering me, rrrgh).

Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

I wish the helicopter wasn't so expensive because the coaxial system is fantastic and I would fly that thing all around my room.  Interesting and cool how two Ultra Agents sets this wave use the same turntable piece to create less standard gear motion (the copter and SkDrillex).

When i saw that blade piece, the first thing I thought of was Gresh's weapons.  They sort of look like the axe/fin pieces too, but I feel like they also look like another piece that for some reason I can't think of at the moment (and it's bothering me, rrrgh).

When I first saw it, I thought it was this piece. Is that what you're thinking of? Or are you thinking of a larger-scale piece?

When I first saw it, I thought it was this piece. Is that what you're thinking of? Or are you thinking of a larger-scale piece?

Maybe.  It's sort of this vague concept of having seen a similar-looking piece before, and that's all I have.  It may very well be that piece but this will keep bothering me until I give up or find the mythical mystical piece I'm thinking of.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Now we just need to combine the cyborg-shark with the ones with freaking laser beams to have the ultimate supervillain pet!

Also, the launcher with the stacked played reminds me of the Exo-Force disk shooters, for some reason. It's also little weird seeing the term Zamor launcher used, given I associate it with the specific 2006 piece, and think of these more as Thornax launchers...with Zamors.

~B~

That ultra agents boat looks super cool, but...

"99 USD, 199 CAD"...

I don't think that Canadian Dollar is THAT bad right now, is it? That's a crazy inflation for one set O_o

Even if it's a typo the price in Canada vs the US is also deue to shipping from the US to another country. It's dumb but that's how it is for now.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.