• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Maxilos (BBC #69)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 13-October 12
  • 1,317 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 19 2015 - 04:24 PM

Here's my generation 2 of Maxilos for the BZP contest.

16397934049_a87106e3a3_n.jpg

flickr

deviantART

I didn't made Spinax because I think the gen 2 of Maxilos didn't have him, but I added more red to his color scheme because of gen 1 had mostly pearl dark gray and I use the Mini Stud Gun because because it reminded me of the Cordak Blaster.

Feedback and criticism are always welcome.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Maxilos (BBC #69)

Other Topic: Bionicle on Ice

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

#2 Offline Alternis Dim

Alternis Dim
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Ko-Koro Guard

• 11-August 07
  • 535 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Feb 19 2015 - 05:01 PM

Very nice Gen 2 rendition! The stud shooter as the cordial blaster looks great here, and the new colours don't distract the look. I could see myself buying this if it was a real set :P

BZPRPG: Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Bravely Default!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Puella Magi Madoka Magica with me!

#3 Offline The Hip Historian Iaredios

The Hip Historian Iaredios
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 10-April 07
  • 2,834 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2015 - 04:18 AM

I love this so much. You did so well in remaking him!

Now I am sad, because I miss my Maxilos set... :(

line.gif

mqdefault.jpg

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo (HEAD DEVELOPER) | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Farts are just the ghosts of that which we ate                                                               -                                                                 D r e a m s. They're the hurricanes that wash the soul-filth from the super-dome of the night-mind.

#4 Offline Mohamed Marei

Mohamed Marei
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 13-February 09
  • 732 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 20 2015 - 09:25 AM

I dunno about this one. Has quite a lot of potential, but suffers considerably with armor placement, color layering and proportions. Anyway, best of luck.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

#5 Offline Poor Disadvantaged

Poor Disadvantaged
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 09-February 15
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 23 2015 - 11:34 PM

Pretty well done. I love your choice of using the 'greebled' Gunmetal CCBS pieces, which really make him look like a machine. 

It could use a bit of love filling up some of his gaps, as well as a bit of resizing in his upper torso and arms, but you've done quite well applying the CCBS system and incaptulating the original. :)

2DpBEbc.jpg

- Toa -

xUUonUp.jpg

- Matoran -

wn9Gez6.jpg

- Other -

g4jj4uw.jpg

- Combiner Models -

#6 Offline Wazdakka

Wazdakka
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 31-October 12
  • 1,148 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 27 2015 - 04:15 PM

I like the body, but I kind of feel like the head just sticks out too abruptly. It's this long, thin noggin' peering out from a beefy torso. 

Steam Name: Toa Onua - always ready for TF2 or a good chat.Xbox Live Gamertag: PluggedSky51173 - Halo 4 for (4) the win!Minecraft Username: ThePoohster - sometimes play on T9K.Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko set), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Black, White, and Grey Krana, Heat Vision, Sonic, Fire Resistance, Power Scream, and Shadow Kraata, Axonn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

#7 Offline Toa of Geek

Toa of Geek
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 13-June 12
  • 246 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2015 - 04:40 AM

This is great! You really stayed true to Maxilos, while incorporating CCBS really well. I especially like the torso.

I really need a better signiature.

#8 Offline Tahu3.0

Tahu3.0
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 18-April 14
  • 1,017 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 03 2015 - 02:35 PM

Amazing the moc it looks Like Maxilos even if it is using Ultra build pieces.

tZa6I5y.jpg?1

#9 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 13-October 12
  • 1,317 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 04 2015 - 12:10 AM

Amazing the moc it looks Like Maxilos even if it is using Ultra build pieces.

Ummm...     Did you forget that the contest is to make it Gen 2 aka Ultra build bionicle :P

This is great! You really stayed true to Maxilos, while incorporating CCBS really well. I especially like the torso.

Thanks, I tried to keep the torso somewhat close to the Gen 1 Maxilos Torso, while still keeping it as a reboot.

I like the body, but I kind of feel like the head just sticks out too abruptly. It's this long, thin noggin' peering out from a beefy torso. 

I gotten lost at what you mean beside the head sticks out part. I don't know what else to use as a reboot Maxilos mask and I did not want to use Tahu 2015 mask.

Pretty well done. I love your choice of using the 'greebled' Gunmetal CCBS pieces, which really make him look like a machine. 

It could use a bit of love filling up some of his gaps, as well as a bit of resizing in his upper torso and arms, but you've done quite well applying the CCBS system and incaptulating the original. :)

Thanks and I don't want to know what you mean by "love filling" and I have a feeling that I don't want to know. But anyways I didn't notice any gaps beside that one gap on the torso to connect is lower and upper body (which I can't fix that)

Also what do you mean by resizing the upper torso and arms, is it too long or too short, I don't know what you mean by just resizing.

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Maxilos (BBC #69)

Other Topic: Bionicle on Ice

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif MOCpages 10.gif Youtube

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users