BBC 69: Takanuva, Master of Light and Shadow

This wasn't my first choice for a character. However, it was the only idea that really worked out, so I decided to go with it. Here you go!

1thumb.jpg

^Click for entry picture^

Front

Side

Pose

With Ackar

I think this is quite a step up from my usual works. I'm rather proud of how this turned out. (Also, that Ackar MOC was one of my other attempts, and I'll post him in a separate topic later)

For now, enjoy! :D

Comments? Criticism? Cookies?

Edited by The~1st~Shadow
  • Upvote 6

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Very nicely done, T1S! I think you did an amazing job with proportions especially - I also like the visible limb piece right above the hips, as they remind me of pistons and provide a very (if not unintended) mechanical feel - very G1 BIONICLE, I'd say :).

The only complaints I have is with the weapons - for starters, the gun feels to small for Takanuva's titanic size. If you find a way to add on to/up-size it, it would, IMO, look much better. As for the spear, everything about it looks great to me except for the translucent Bohrok eyes on the end. Call it a small nitpick of mine, but I don't really like how they look. Again, it's more of a personal preference for me.

As an extra note, he needs claws - either using these or these. The original Titan Takanuva had claws, so it feels fitting that this one should, too.

Otherwise, absolutely fantastic! A solid 9/10 in my book :D!

Thanks, guys! :D

Brilliant job, ~T1S~! i'll be voting for it in the contest!

While the shoulders seem a little high, it doesn't throw the look off so bad. Nice one!

And please tell meh how you take such good pictures! :begging:

Yeah, I couldn't find a way around that, so I made it work as best as I could. :P

I just took some basic pictures and then sharpened them up in editing later. I can show you the program I use for that later.

Very nicely done, T1S! I think you did an amazing job with proportions especially - I also like the visible limb piece right above the hips, as they remind me of pistons and provide a very (if not unintended) mechanical feel - very G1 BIONICLE, I'd say :).

The only complaints I have is with the weapons - for starters, the gun feels to small for Takanuva's titanic size. If you find a way to add on to/up-size it, it would, IMO, look much better. As for the spear, everything about it looks great to me except for the translucent Bohrok eyes on the end. Call it a small nitpick of mine, but I don't really like how they look. Again, it's more of a personal preference for me.

As an extra note, he needs claws - either using these or these. The original Titan Takanuva had claws, so it feels fitting that this one should, too.

Otherwise, absolutely fantastic! A solid 9/10 in my book :D!

Thanks! I agree about the weapons, to be honest. The Bohrok eyes were just thrown on as filler pieces to make the lance look less blank. As for the blaster, I like to think that it didn't grow in size when he went to Karda Nui, since it was not a part of him to begin with. :P However, the power lance grew, so I digress. My brother said the same as you about it, though he insisted I change it to either a bazooka or a rocket launcher. :P

Also, I wanted to add claws, but they looked a little goofy when holding his weapons. They claws stuck out way past the fingertips and made for a really awkward design, so I just settled for leaving them out.

Wow, fantastic work, T1S! 

Are the gears for show or are they functional?

Yes, the gears are functional. Honestly, I took that configuration straight off of Onua. :P I just tweaked it a little bit here and there.

Edited by The~1st~Shadow

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

My brother said the same as you about it, though he insisted I change it to either a bazooka or a rocket launcher.  :P

Also, I wanted to add claws, but they looked a little goofy when holding his weapons. They claws stuck out way past the fingertips and made for a really awkward design, so I just settled for leaving them out.

:lol-sign:. Do you have any Bohrok eye-pieces in white or silver? That would make it look better in my opinion.

As for the claws, I see... that's a bit unfortunate, as it's the only thing of the body I feel could really be improved on. Nevertheless, it looks great anyways - I just think the claws would provide an extra touch of malice that'd go well with his "half-light, half-dark" theme :P.

Edited by Jakura Nuva

My brother said the same as you about it, though he insisted I change it to either a bazooka or a rocket launcher.  :P

:lol-sign:. Do you have any Bohrok eye-pieces in white or silver? That would make it look better in my opinion.

Actually... Yes. Tons of loose ones. Why I didn't think to use any of them is beyond me. :P

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

Love it. It's a lot better than mine. The only complaint I have is that the arms seem too short.

Yours was actually pretty good. While I was still working on the feet for mine, I saw your topic and thought "Oh, great. Someone beat me to it." :P The only thing I didn't like about yours was how small the body was compared to the mask. Otherwise, it was a decent piece of work! :D

As for the arms on mine, that's a mix between poor angles when taking the pictures and the fact that CCBS parts are kinda limited when it comes to the right size in the right color. Ah, well, what can ya do? :P

Wow, really cool and quite amply armored. I feel it could just have used some Viking horns or creature teeth for claws.

I would have done that, but as I said before, it makes the hands look awkward when he's holding his weapons, as the fingertips would stick out way past the handles. :shrugs:

Thanks for the feedback, though! :D

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

• 3 weeks later...