Takanuva 2015 - Master of Light (Plus Extra!)

Takanuva, Master of Light

thumbt00.jpg

(AKA Wacky Tacky-nuva)

Was partially inspired by this MoC by a Master Builder of Takanuva vs Teridax found in a LEGO Store (The use of the Gold Mask of Water and the staff design). I ended up building this after experimenting on placing the large torso armour shell on an Inika base design.

Like my Trinuma MoC, I really wanted to make it seem like it would belong in the 2015 line by adding similar action features. I also wanted to give Takanuva aspects of all his iterations throughout the years like the blaster (2008) and golden armour (2003). His weapons can be stored on his back.

(Click the pictures for higher res)

thumbt01.jpg

thumbt02.jpg thumbt03.jpg

thumbt04.jpg thumbt06.jpg

thumbt05.jpg thumbt07.jpg

thumbt08.jpg thumbt09.jpg

thumbt10.jpg thumbt11.jpg

thumbt12.jpg

thumbt13.jpg thumbt14.jpg thumbt15.jpg

thumbt17.jpg

thumbt18.jpg thumbt16.jpg

Full Gallery

Jimtacular, Protector of Pies

thumbj1.jpg thumbj2.jpg

Built this little guy out of leftover parts. Thought he looked pretty decent so might as well include him. He has two modes - serious eyebrow mode and moustachio el furio mode (as pictured below).

thumbj3.jpg

Full Gallery

-NotS

• Upvote 4

tahubanner.jpg

I like this.(and the pie guy seems kinda funny)

Thanks a ton! :)

Great MOC, the color scheme is awesome!

Yeah, I thought the trans light-green would go well with white and gold. Yellow would have been perfect, but alas I do not own any trans yellow shells or bones (does such a thing even exist?)

Not sure about the mask choice for Takanuva, but the build is nice and he looks cohesive. Good work.

I appreciate the criticism! I chose the mask because it has the most streamlined shape and there are lines that go to the back of the mask - in essence, it captures the look of the Avohkii better than any other mask this year. Did not want to use the original because of size and colour difference. I was thinking of using the Mask of Earth but I don't have Onua yet... Thanks again for the feedback! 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

I really like the size of this rendition, and I really like how you utilized the trans lime green. I wish it was yellow, but that's a parts limitation, but still looks awesome! Though it's been said before, I wish a different mask had been used, but again as of now that could be a parts limitation, unless you know of a good way to connect metru heads to CCBS (I haven't tried it out yet). I also wish the axel on the back of his scythe/staff/kohlii stick was covered with a silver Bohrok eye or something, it just... Seems empty right there. And the blaster also, to me at least, feels like it just hangs there? I can tell part of the idea of its design comes from the Protector of Ice but it doesn't seem to be held well, considering on how we hold things, but this is an issue I understand because it's very hard for the Gera function of the blaster to work well with connection to the hands. Overall though, great MoC! Glad someone other than Kopaka can have gold and white!

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, thinking back on it, covering that exposed axle on the staff might have been a good idea. I kind of wanted a blaster to connect to the arm like the 2008 Takanuva but that was impossible to pull with the shells and bone design of CCBS so I opted to having him grip it from above. Thanks again!

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Not sure how I feel about the bulkiness of this design (I think it could afford to be sleeker), but I love the color scheme. It definitely feels like a Toa of Light.

Thanks! :) I originally intended it to be a Kopaka redesign, whose 2015 iteration is significantly bulkier than the original. When I added the trans-green I realized I could make a pretty cool colour scheme for a Toa of Light. Glad you like it and appreciate the feedback! :)

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

This is really nice. I like the mask choice. The trans-neon green looks great on him, even though I'm usually against that sort of thing. Overall a great depiction of what G2 Takanuva would be.

The protector is... interesting.  :P  I'll admit that the head is pretty sweet, especially with the two modes.  :P

I really need a better signature.

This is really nice. I like the mask choice. The trans-neon green looks great on him, even though I'm usually against that sort of thing. Overall a great depiction of what G2 Takanuva would be.

The protector is... interesting.  :P  I'll admit that the head is pretty sweet, especially with the two modes.  :P

Thanks! I feel like the new Mask of Water is probably the closest look to the Avohkii. Glad you enjoyed the usage of trans-green! Honestly, I am not a huge fan of that colour either but it looks great with gold and white! Thanks for the feedback! :)

And yeah, that Protector is way 2 kul

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg