New ways to tell the story.

lordvad3r95

Ladies and gents, most if not all of us know how the story of G1 Bionicle was told, mostly through comics, serials, books, four different movies, online games, and I would argue the commercials furthered the story in their own way as well. Now that we have marched forward into G2, and have so far seen the occasional commercial and the web videos online, how do you think the story will be told in the coming years. Do you think it will follow a similar path as G1, wherein the story will be more fleshed out in comics and online media once more, or could new mediums be used to tell us of the new legends currently just beginning?

Personally, I'm hoping for a television series, if only because it's a way that Bionicle hasn't used before and because I think, like the Ninjago TV show, it could be used to further Bionicle's popularity past even G1 levels. 

Since we already know that we are going to be getting books based on the G2 storyline sometime around December, we can put that on the list. Perhaps the comics can come back, but the web serials are doing the storytelling job just fine.

But I don't want to see a Bionicle TV show. Judging by what we've seen from LEGO in terms of television material, it's not what I think Bionicle should be. Just leave it to the books and web serials.

< -< =<o>= >- >

Ha! I tricked you into reading my signature!

< -< =<o>= >- >

Since we already know that we are going to be getting books based on the G2 storyline sometime around December, we can put that on the list. Perhaps the comics can come back, but the web serials are doing the storytelling job just fine.

But I don't want to see a Bionicle TV show. Judging by what we've seen from LEGO in terms of television material, it's not what I think Bionicle should be. Just leave it to the books and web serials.

Maybe a TV show would be good in the style of Ninjago, specifically The Titanium Ninja. That was a great episode.

cringe

I'm not sure a television show would work, at least for most of this year's story-- maybe down the line, but for what has happened so far, the animations might be the best way to tell it.

The toa arrive on the island alone, meet up with their protector, and then each pair individually battles swarms of skull spiders, reaches the shrine, gets their mask, and heads to the outskirts of the ancient city, where they all meet.  I imagine it'd be pretty repetitive to show more or less the same thing six times (there really are no unique enemies to challenge the toa at this point, and character interactions would be limited with the fairly featureless protectors), or we'd only get one toa's viewpoint and the others would be excluded.  Better to have quick clips that get the message across of what's going on without running into the problems of a long-form narrative.

8NHf8fu.png

Everything is some kind of a plot, man.

Hmm... Since the animations could make the story short, I would say at least a 1-hour special would tell the whole storyline, as it could split up into two 30-minute episodes, each telling the story of each wave, like the first would tell the story of the first, which the animations are about. The special should include more details on the story from the animations and have more voice actors, too. It would be like how the Ninjago TV series had started and how some of the Mixels shorts are converted into a 30-minute special last summer.:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I estimate that with all of the animations that would be released this year when put together (including "The Legend" and excluding the promos for the Toa) creates a close to 25-minute episode. 

I would love to have a TV series for Bionicle, but then there is the challenge of drawing out the story to make it fit into a full season format. That and they would have to find some more voice actors to play the individual roles as well as hire the animation team for longer episodes.

Basically it would cost Lego a lot of money, and it all depends on their budget for the theme in the coming years.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

I honestly hope they ditch the short webisodes, which so far have provided us with nothing about the characters and given us a rather skeletal plot, for a full-blown TV series. It's not the story Bionicle needs, but it's the one it deserves.

BIONIC STORY IS BATMAN:eyeboggle:

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Hmm... Since the animations could make the story short, I would say at least a 1-hour special would tell the whole storyline, as it could split up into two 30-minute episodes, each telling the story of each wave, like the first would tell the story of the first, which the animations are about. The special should include more details on the story from the animations and have more voice actors, too. It would be like how the Ninjago TV series had started and how some of the Mixels shorts are converted into a 30-minute special last summer.:)

I totally agree with you. Two thirty minute specials would be way easier for children to refer to the storyline.

• Upvote 1

No TV. The Lego shows are so cheesy. Go with the comics with the old art style. It looks so much cooler than this Cartoon Network animation style.

Except LEGO doesn't need to have it be like the other Lego shows. They're partnered with Warner Bros. for gods sake. The guys who created shows like Justice League: Unlimited, Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond etc.