BBC #69: Prisoner of the Deep

Casperger

Nocturn

Prisoner of the Deep

nocturn.png

I don't really know what to say other than it's Nocturn in CCBS.  I thought Nocturn would've been a good idea to try until I saw him mentioned.  So I redecided to try Kardas until that didn't work either.  So In the end, I ended up re-purposing the Kardas I had into Nocturn.  And I have to say that I'm personally happy with how he turned out.

Here are a few other pictures of him when it's public, but I don't have a great camera to take pictures with.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=553360

• Upvote 12

B4JLArv.png

Bloody dungeons (?), this is...it's...oh my.

The custom tentacle is exquisite (sounds like I'm talking about something to eat), not to mention the squid launcher. Those bulky legs. THOSE BULKY LEGS. Dang, they're amazing. Skull spiders on the hands look somewhat out of place, but it's of little concern when the rest is so impressive. Cool use of Gadunka's head on the back (I suppose it is Gadunka's head).

• Upvote 1

Bloody dungeons (?), this is...it's...oh my.

The custom tentacle is exquisite (sounds like I'm talking about something to eat), not to mention the squid launcher. Those bulky legs. THOSE BULKY LEGS. Dang, they're amazing. Skull spiders on the hands look somewhat out of place, but it's of little concern when the rest is so impressive. Cool use of Gadunka's head on the back (I suppose it is Gadunka's head).

Thanks! It is Gadunka's head haha, and I really wish I could've gotten a better angle of it.  

I do see what you mean about the skull spiders.  But in person, the greens don't contrast as much, plus they have a similar texture to the small Takadox armor pieces.

I really did contemplate on which colored Skull Spiders to use, but I felt like the dark blue ones stood out too much.

B4JLArv.png

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like the squid launcher stand-in, and the green spines seems out of place (though I assume you simply don't have a blue one?)... but those are probably the only aspects of the MOC that I dislike. Great work.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

I don't like the squid launcher stand-in, and the green spines seems out of place (though I assume you simply don't have a blue one?)... but those are probably the only aspects of the MOC that I dislike. Great work.

Thanks! 

Unfortunately, the mail room here screwed me over again by being closed on Saturday, though the mail could've been faster, too, since I ordered them the week before.

I got the blue spines the following Monday, but the entry period already ended.

B4JLArv.png

• 2 weeks later...

love those legs. the feet especially. that kind of flow with such a bulky build is hard to do. Great job. i dunno about how symbolically the ccbs squid and tentacle are rendered, I mean they work well but they stand out as kinda funky imo. could have just been the original elements methinks

eh but what do i know those are good legs