Ackar: the Master of Fire (not BBC69)

So, I was uncertain about my entry for the BBC, but after some critique from my fellows, I went with the larger, far more impressive (and more finalized) Takanuva, Master of Light and Shadow. Still that left me with a mostly-finished revamp of Ackar... Naturally, I fixed him up and figured I'd best share him with you guys. :) The inspiration for this MOC was actually the shins. Ever since we got those wide shield/claw/armor things during Savage Planet, I'd been waiting to see a MOC that used those to represent the ankle-guards seen in the Glatorian Legends sets. Sadly, I've not seen anything of the sort, so I went for it. I quite like how it turned out. :)

Oh, right . I should probably show you, eh? ;)

Front

Pose

Back

With Rocka

Yes, I did just give him Tahu's gearbox configuration. There's only so many ways you can do that, so I chose to focus more on getting his look right. After all, I felt the gearbox needed no improvement.

Comments? Criticism? Cheesecake?

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Uh, honestly the colors look kind of messy to me. You've got bright red, transparent red-orange, orange, yellow-orange and yellowish gold all scattered around haphazardly. That's too many similar colors with not enough distinction in their placement.

( The bunny slippers hiss and slither into the shadows. ) -Takuaka: Toa of Time

What if the Toa you know best were not destined to be? Interchange: The epic begins

Uh, honestly the colors look kind of messy to me. You've got bright red, transparent red-orange, orange, yellow-orange and yellowish gold all scattered around haphazardly. That's too many similar colors with not enough distinction in their placement.

Yeah, I know. Sadly, that was all at the insistence of my fellow members of the Kanohi Force. The trans-orange is there only because I don't have any more 5-length orange shells. The gold was originally silver.

Here's an early picture of what it looked like.

Does that look any better? If so, then I'd be delighted to switch it back while retaining the other basic improvements.

• Upvote 1

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

That looks much more cohesive and a real 2.0 version of Ackar. That one probably could've held its own in the BBCC. I really dig the old one though, it just feels more like Ackar than the newer one. The newer one is a good moc, just not necessarily as good of an Ackar moc as the previous version. If that makes any sense. 

bzpsig.jpg

That looks much more cohesive and a real 2.0 version of Ackar. That one probably could've held its own in the BBCC. I really dig the old one though, it just feels more like Ackar than the newer one. The newer one is a good moc, just not necessarily as good of an Ackar moc as the previous version. If that makes any sense. 

So, silver looks better than gold, you're saying? Thanks. I think so, too. :)

sotpbanner.png

NickonAquaMagna~

So, silver looks better than gold, you're saying? Thanks. I think so, too. :)

Ackar had silver in his original color scheme, sure it was only one piece, but one silver piece is more than 0 gold pieces. So yeah, I think the silver definitely looks better on Ackar than gold.

• Upvote 1

bzpsig.jpg