The how to gear topic by lessovikk4

lessovikk4

!!! LESSOVIKK4'S TOPIC !!!

Okay I've had some comments on people saying they like my moc gear functions when the ones I show really aren't that complex! So here are some great designs that I feel you will like. I hope you use them in mocs and customize them. If you have something you can't figure out that involves movement and gears (visa vi; "how do I make the torso and arms move with one gear to twist") I will defiantly help as I like to think I'm talented at this and I've never given up on figuring out a design. This topic will have new tutorials through diffrents posts I make so if I double post that's why. As I say in my topics please be respectful to other members and myself! Hope you find this interesting!

THE THIRD TUTORIAL IS NEW AND THE LATEST, updated Thursday, March 5, 2015, REALISTIC WORKING BIONICLE SPINE!

First tutorial:

Double moving arm:

L@@K NEW

Second tutorial:

Triple jointed double function arm:

Third tutorial:

Advanced bionicle spine with individual vertebrae:

Edited by lessovikk4
  • Upvote 2

IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A DEAL FOR SOMETHING OR KNOW OF SOMEONE SELLING A GOLD HAU PLEASE PM ME

You should really consider a mechanical/mechatronic engineering degree as a possible career choice. You have a knack this designing mechanisms that might come in handy if you need to model more complex systems that use gears in their design. I know that first-hand because I've used similar techniques to make prototypes for such mechanisms over the course of my studies, one of which was a search and rescue robot.

Great work and I wish you best :)

• Upvote 1

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

You should really consider a mechanical/mechatronic engineering degree as a possible career choice. You have a knack this designing mechanisms that might come in handy if you need to model more complex systems that use gears in their design. I know that first-hand because I've used similar techniques to make prototypes for such mechanisms over the course of my studies, one of which was a search and rescue robot.

Great work and I wish you best :)

I'm being an inventor when I grow up and yes this does interest me. As I said these are relatively simple designs, and I do more complex work just not with bionicle necessarily. I'm only 15 though so I got time to think about it :) thank you for commenting, I'll look at some of your mocs

Not really a tutorial but still pretty interesting:

I'm addressing this:

Nescent

Feb 20 2015

The gear function is sweet, I doubt anyone here's played I Ninja but it reminds me a whole lot of this guy's punching. It would be a lot of fun to have two sets with your function so they could box.

The Krana is small for the MOC's titan size, but honestly that gear function makes up for it. Do you think it could be implemented into a smaller, Toa-sized MOC?

New

Edit: Please don't double post. Use the "Edit" link instead. Posts merged.

-Wind-

Second tutorial:

Triple jointed double function arm:

Edited by lessovikk4

IF YOU WISH TO MAKE A DEAL FOR SOMETHING OR KNOW OF SOMEONE SELLING A GOLD HAU PLEASE PM ME