The Armoured Flare Bull, Haktakane

Chath

Haktakane

WARNING, images may be LARGE.

Sorry, I didn't realize the properties of my camera until trying to post this.

Also, sorry for the bad lighting, not really good with photography.

sany0209.jpg

The Beast
(^in case the picture is too large^)
Front View
Side View
Dorsal View
Head/Mouth Detail 1
Head/Mouth Detail 2

Its name, Haktakane, should literally stand for "Armoured Flare Bull". These beasts, generally found around and in lava flows, are extremely territorial. They will blast concentrated flames from their horns on a near constant basis, as both a display of power and as a potential weapon. Their hides are thick with natural armour plating, and use both the armour and their heads to bash any threats, and will then slice with their firey horns. Though in the wild they are very territorial, they can get along with the villagers just fine, so long as the villagers respect the creature. In some instances, the Haktakane have even been tamed and used as mounts, for once a Haktakane forms a bond with someone or something, they will protect it with their lives. They do have terrible eyesight and have been known to charge at boulders, thinking it was another Haktakane infringing on their territory. They feed on lava and magma, causing their underbelly to glow and emit heat, and they have been known to belch fire in some instances, both to the surprise of the observer and the Haktakane.

I got the idea for this heavy bovine by looking at the armor add ons that I used as hooves. They were lying around, and I wanted to do something with them, and saw they made excellent hooves. Once I knew I wanted to make a bull, the rest of the body just fell together. It's fairly simple, but I'm proud of it. The head isn't what I want it to be, the eyes are too small in comparison to the head for my liking (so I tied it in with the lore), and it doesn't really have a bull feel. I wish the horns weren't angled so far outward, but otherwise I like the horns. Sadly, I'm taking him apart so I can make a body for the new Transparent Orange Hau, but this bull was what got me back into MOCing.

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...