The Fold Releases New Music Video

Very nice. This and several other songs are also now available on iTunes, so I just downloaded two of them ("21st Century Ninja" and "Enter the Tournament"). I'll have to add more money to my iTunes account in order to get the rest. My Ninjago playlist is now at 108 songs, 14 of which are promotional songs by The Fold and the rest of which are from the TV show's soundtrack.

The Fold has really done some great work with Ninjago, creating lots of catchy tunes that really suit the theme's playfully anachronistic story! And what I like best is that they don't try to hide the fact that they're Ninjago songs. Part of the reason I love songs that are tied to my favorite franchises (whether official or fan-made) is that I feel like the connection to a larger story makes them more meaningful to me. So songs that try to be extremely subtle about their ties to a story (like "Hero" or "Caught in a Dream") or songs plucked from the airwaves with no deliberate ties to a story I follow at all (like "Move Along" and "Crashed") don't interest me nearly as much as many of the songs LEGO has commissioned in recent years.