Toa on Clearance at Target?

Last night BZPower member T-Hybrid tweeted this disconcerting image to the BZPower Twitter account. Taken at a Target in Minnesota, it shows Gali and Onua being discounted 'on clearance.' Shortly after, other people chimed in reporting the same thing at their local Targets. A follower who works there said the first shipment of Bionicle sets they received was lacking Gali and Onua. Later, when they did come in, they were placed in a different area from the rest of the sets. If that space is now needed for other products, it could explain the drastic and sudden discount. Obviously this would vary from store to store, so let us know if you've seen this at your Target in the Talkback!

View the full article

Huh. I wish I could find Gali at a store for only $10, because that's a pretty good deal. And $14 for Onua is excellent as well. Maybe I need to check my local Target some time soon...

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

This is certainly true in Southern California. Gali and Onua are both on clearance. 

It seems too early to be a shelfwarmer issue. At most they've been out for ten weeks.  It doesn't seem like a store issue.  Target discounts its toys and stuff on Thursday.  My guess is Lego ok'ed the discount to trim some shelf space for its March releases. Friends, Elves and Princesses and at the same time drum up interest by more casual fans.  B-fans probably snapped every set as soon as they hit the shelves but newer fans may be on the fence.

"Honor those the dragons heed, in thought and favor, word and deed"

"Worlds are lost and worlds are saved, from those dangers dragons brave"

qs3174.jpg

I haven't been to my Target for a couple months now, so I don't know if its has Onua and Gali on clearance. Though if it does, I should've waited until now to get them. I could've saved myself a few bucks. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I actually did post about this in the set sightings thread. I only saw Onua on clearance though (at my local Target in MN). In fact, I don't think I saw Gali at all... Man, I've no idea what's going on here. Hopefully their absences aren't permanent.

Edited by Moku

BZPRPG Profiles

Nekka  Banar  Moku  Savok

It was just Gali at the Target her in up-state New York. However the Chime Sabertooth tribe builder pack was also marked down along with some of last years Ninjago and Ultra Agents sets. Some Star Wars sets too but I'm not sure what old on new with that stuff.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I think it's just Target working out how to lay out the toys for the summer. This happens twice a year and during thees times of year toys get moved and discounted and rearranged and not ordered until this are settled in their new places.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

I'm telling you all, this is the first sign. A sign that Bionicle will not be successful for the next 3 years and beyond!

I don't know what to say anymore. I'm speechless. 

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Just confirmed it for myself in Southern California. Onua and Gali are on sale! Unfortunately don't think I want doubles.....yet

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

I can confirm that in the south( Alabama ) these sets are for sure on sale $14 for Onua and $11 for Gali. I found these and also many other sets also on sale. I only snagged the two I needed to round off a complete collection. I might snag a few more of Gali later for doubles and parts. 

Please visit my Flickr at www.flickr.com/tfg1_grimlock for my photography and MOCs.

Please visit my Instagram at www.instagram.com/tfg1_grimlock for other Lego Posts.

I can confirm that in the south( Alabama ) these sets are for sure on sale $14 for Onua and $11 for Gali. I found these and also many other sets also on sale. I only snagged the two I needed to round off a complete collection. I might snag a few more of Gali later for doubles and parts. 

You should get yourself another Onua as well; the parts from him are probably more useful than those from Gali, particularly the shoulder armor pieces.

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Back in 2011, When Power Rangers came back from winding down and Power Rangers: Samurai came out, one of the local Walmarts temporarily had some products on clearance, possibly due to space limitations while the store remodeled. In any case, the line did not crash and burn.

My point is that exploiting the price reductions is a smart move financially, but there is no reason to panic. Heck, my local Toys R Us has Lego on their seasonal front display, and Bionicle has a full display sign over their section of it.

I can actually confirm the same thing at one of the Targets in Tallahassee, FL, though they were about $1-2 more than what was listed here, so the discount wasn't huge. Still, I was incredibly surprised to see a sticker for 20% off this early. Hopefully this doesn't mean anything bad for the line down the road.

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png
Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

NEWS: A similar situation is occurring at Argos UK online stores. LoSS, Tahu and Protector of Stone are all marked down about 20%.

• Upvote 2

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

NEWS: A similar situation is occurring at Argos UK online stores. LoSS, Tahu and Protector of Stone are all marked down about 20%.

John Lewis also has those three sets reduced by the same amount... ;)

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams

Twitter Flickr

You should get yourself another Onua as well; the parts from him are probably more useful than those from Gali, particularly the shoulder armor pieces.

I havent had time to build Onua yet because of the drastic snow that accrued here in the south were I am at so once I build him Ill take a look and thanks for the advice. 

I can actually confirm the same thing at one of the Targets in Tallahassee, FL, though they were about $1-2 more than what was listed here, so the discount wasn't huge. Still, I was incredibly surprised to see a sticker for 20% off this early. Hopefully this doesn't mean anything bad for the line down the road.

Yeah I find that when I go to GA and FL prices are generally at least 1-2 dollars more because of taxes esp in FL. Glad you were able to get them too.  I know because I was a previous LBR employee they are doing strong and another line will be out soon toy fair photos made me drool for the Mask Maker. I have all the want in the world for that set and might have to get more than one. 

Please visit my Flickr at www.flickr.com/tfg1_grimlock for my photography and MOCs.

Please visit my Instagram at www.instagram.com/tfg1_grimlock for other Lego Posts.

I remember back when Transformers Energon was released. Those were good times (toy wise, anyway.) Mainly because of how cheap they were. Many places were overstocked with deluxe sized figures, so there ended up being a lot of "buy one, get one free" deals and huge discounts left and right really early on. I got SOOOO many figures, then... it was awesome.

Hopefully this is something like that...? I dunno.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

I have a feeling people are just buying more system sets than constraction these days, no thanks to the Lego Movie of course.
Buildable figures have been selling less and less since 2010.  

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

That's just sad. No doubt the AFOLs who hated Bionicle back in the day are teaching their kids to steer clear of its evils, even now... which is really something, considering how much closer CCBS is made to feel like Lego bricks than the oldschool Bionicle aesthetic. It was made to bridge the gap between Bionicle fans and the bitter AFOLs.

the_toa_sig_by_nickinamerica-dbn0wau.png

The Toa- A Bionicle Retelling by NickonAquaMagna http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25275-the-toa-a-retelling-of-bionicle/

Huh. At my target, Gali and Onua are on an end display, separate from the other toa, but the prices are still the same.

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

This really isn't anything to worry about - the same thing happened when the Atlantis sets were new. The dominant theory over the years in the System world was that Target does these things as a publicity stunt - they know we'll all be talking about going into Target, and some of us might buy something else while we're there. What's a few bucks off a LEGO set when they can buy themselves viral word-of-mouth advertising?

• Upvote 2

Yeah I find that when I go to GA and FL prices are generally at least 1-2 dollars more because of taxes esp in FL. Glad you were able to get them too.  I know because I was a previous LBR employee they are doing strong and another line will be out soon toy fair photos made me drool for the Mask Maker. I have all the want in the world for that set and might have to get more than one. 

I honestly can't wait for him, either. He has me really excited, even if he is tiny.

itachieye9dq.gif
Rest in Peace, Joey Powers! I'm sorry that I didn't have the chance to get to know you!
pohatubanner.png
Credit to ~Nausicaa~ for the second banner.
If you created the first banner, please come forward so I can give you credit.

I honestly can't wait for him, either. He has me really excited, even if he is tiny.

I'll most likely will be buying more than one of that set for sure because the mask of power is great. I also really like his tiny size Ill want one to rebuild in my own styling. 

Welp the Targets I've been too weren't doing any discounts, although I got all 13 sets from a Myers in SEQ (, Australia) for $210~ (saved over $50), although I did use a Myer One card, but I only picked it up then & it cost me nothing, & the Targets still didn't have the full range on the shelves xD

~ Sophistry: A way to be antidisuncorrect. ~

In a decade you might convince maybe a small tribe of people.

In a decade you might also conquer one million km2 of land,

& in over a thousand years you might have over a billion followers.

I like building things. Please don't break the big ones.

& evidential philosophies that dare to extrapolate beyond

an individual's direct experience aren't easily built.

I have a feeling people are just buying more system sets than constraction these days, no thanks to the Lego Movie of course.

Bionicle ended in 2010. :P

"All magic comes with a price, dearie!" -The Dark One

I'm known on the LMB's as Brickobotface, Teh Dark One is merely a fad. :P

Shh it never ended in my heart of hearts!

Duh.  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  :P  

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

Technically, buildable figures have been selling less and less since 2002, which was Bionicle's peak—the theme was on a slow decline for the rest of its ten-year lifespan. The decline of constraction's prominence has less to do with Bionicle's end and more to do with traditional Lego's revival over the course of the past decade. It's an important consideration that often gets overlooked when comparing modern Bionicle to the classic theme—the new Bionicle is just one successful theme among many, rather than the sole saving grace of a dying company.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I figured I'd get my first set of the line for my birthday. Onua was only discounted to $17 at the Target I went to in Massachusetts. Still bought him :P I was going to buy Gali too for $12, but we had already spent enough today. There were plenty of them on the shelf.

- TD