This is likely a failed attempt at trying to tie G2 into G1 with simpl

Petewa

IF the two are connected in any way whatsoever, I'd like to think that G2 takes place so far after G1 that the Toa Mata have faded into myth and legend, and the civilizations of the island have faded to ruins, overgrown with plant life. The G2 Toa fall from the sky and land in front of the  Protectors, and when they ask who they are, the Protectors name them after heroes of myth and legend, the bedtime stories they grew up being told, the Toa Mata.

• Upvote 8

This is the kind of connection theory I like-- it doesn't necessitate any overly burdensome links to the complexities of G1, leaves the difficulties with the past story in the past and insists that it'll be an entirely new story, but still allows for G2 to have a real link with G1 that makes sense and can appeal to fans (and I don't necessarily mean the nitpicking, S&T-browsing super-fans many of us are) who liked the original stuff to an extent and don't want to see it completely forgotten.

I theorized upon first becoming familiar with the story material for G2 that it was a distant-past story or legend that inspired the G1 characters, and this sort of turns that on its head, making G1 an ancient legend in the distant past of G2 (maybe G1 took place in a mythical "time before time" eh?).  That means that the stories that are passed down can be incomplete, can lose details or bits and pieces that had been forgotten over the years, and still retain the core idea, essentially that of six heroes arriving on an island to defeat an ancient evil force.  And then G2 would be a literal re-living of those ancient Bionicle legends.

Do you think perhaps the prophecy that foretold the coming of the toa was in fact a version of the legend of the original Toa Mata, passed down over time and eventually distorted or combined with some actual facts about the Okoto Toa and their imminent arrival to become a prediction?

• Upvote 2

8NHf8fu.png

Everything is some kind of a plot, man.

IF the two are connected in any way whatsoever, I'd like to think that G2 takes place so far after G1 that the Toa Mata have faded into myth and legend, and the civilizations of the island have faded to ruins, overgrown with plant life. The G2 Toa fall from the sky and land in front of the  Protectors, and when they ask who they are, the Protectors name them after heroes of myth and legend, the bedtime stories they grew up being told, the Toa Mata.

Um... which island? The end of the original Bionicle story had all the Matoran and Agori living together on a restored Spherus Magna. It's POSSIBLE that Spherus Magna would have islands in the oceans that had once been Aqua Magna, but it's still one heck of an assumption, and given that all three planets were fairly desolate, any conceivable civilizations would have to rise up in the first place before they could fade into ruin. The G2 Toa only being named after legendary heroes might make sense if not for the fact that the animations give the impression that the Protectors knew EXACTLY who the Toa were due to their ancestors specifically summoning those heroes.

All in all this is not even that unique of a connection theory, and it's far from even being fully formed. Without any sort of specifics it can't really be ruled impossible, but given all the evidence we've had that the story is a reboot it's not particularly probable either.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This is the kind of connection theory I like-- it doesn't necessitate any overly burdensome links to the complexities of G1, leaves the difficulties with the past story in the past and insists that it'll be an entirely new story, but still allows for G2 to have a real link with G1 that makes sense and can appeal to fans (and I don't necessarily mean the nitpicking, S&T-browsing super-fans many of us are) who liked the original stuff to an extent and don't want to see it completely forgotten.

I theorized upon first becoming familiar with the story material for G2 that it was a distant-past story or legend that inspired the G1 characters, and this sort of turns that on its head, making G1 an ancient legend in the distant past of G2 (maybe G1 took place in a mythical "time before time" eh?).  That means that the stories that are passed down can be incomplete, can lose details or bits and pieces that had been forgotten over the years, and still retain the core idea, essentially that of six heroes arriving on an island to defeat an ancient evil force.  And then G2 would be a literal re-living of those ancient Bionicle legends.

Do you think perhaps the prophecy that foretold the coming of the toa was in fact a version of the legend of the original Toa Mata, passed down over time and eventually distorted or combined with some actual facts about the Okoto Toa and their imminent arrival to become a prediction?

It would make sense to say so,

Um... which island? The end of the original Bionicle story had all the Matoran and Agori living together on a restored Spherus Magna. It's POSSIBLE that Spherus Magna would have islands in the oceans that had once been Aqua Magna, but it's still one heck of an assumption, and given that all three planets were fairly desolate, any conceivable civilizations would have to rise up in the first place before they could fade into ruin. The G2 Toa only being named after legendary heroes might make sense if not for the fact that the animations give the impression that the Protectors knew EXACTLY who the Toa were due to their ancestors specifically summoning those heroes.

All in all this is not even that unique of a connection theory, and it's far from even being fully formed. Without any sort of specifics it can't really be ruled impossible, but given all the evidence we've had that the story is a reboot it's not particularly probable either.

I know it's a reboot, and that with all the tie-in theories out there, it seemed to make more sense that they would be connected, (if in any way) through as simple an explanation as one can manage, because that seems to be all that's officially going into G2 anyways,

Well keeping in mind that the legend of past heros or whatever it is called was told to the Protectors of old back when Ekimu first passed into his slumber. So one could surmise that they may not have all the details regarding the old story. Only going by what was told quickly to them as Ekimu was fading. I don't really see any evidence this could not be the case as of yet. So Headcanon or whatever the term is, I am down for this being some form of revelation to Past events of Gen1. Why not right.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Why is it so hard to accept this as a reboot? Transformers does it all the time.

It's not connected in any way unless Lego confirms that it is in-story.

I know it's a reboot, and while Transformers does it all the time, this is the first for Bionicle, and for some reason, people fail to accept it as one, and want it to be connected, so I came up with a simple way,

How do you explain the fact that they have strikingly similar masks to the Toa Mata?  Coincidence?

Yes.

IF the two are connected in any way whatsoever, I'd like to think that G2 takes place so far after G1 that the Toa Mata have faded into myth and legend, and the civilizations of the island have faded to ruins, overgrown with plant life. The G2 Toa fall from the sky and land in front of the Protectors, and when they ask who they are, the Protectors name them after heroes of myth and legend, the bedtime stories they grew up being told, the Toa Mata.

Religious content removed. -B6 Edited by Black Six

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

The fact that this theory takes place so long after the G1 sets incorporates the Vahi as well. The Temple of Time would be a great place to connect the two generations, as it could have been built by the Spherus Magna societies and then abandoned if their society went into disarray. We had no guarantee at the end Bionice that the new planet was safe, and we definitely had a lot of unresolved conflict

Plus even with human beings spread so far apart across our planet between time and space, there are many mysteries in our past that we haven't solved yet

And the 'reboot' concept could be just hiding a big reveal later on that the two generations are in fact tied together. Yes, they have said that it is a reboot, but there is no guarantee that they will stick to their guns. It wouldn't have to be a convoluted concept, and with the Vahi/Temple of Time we could see other characters being summoned to Okoto. In fact, that could even be the reason why the Protectors weren't named after the old Turaga; they possibly want to keep the Turaga separate characters to bring back into the story. Not necessarily as sets, but just as characters

Edited by ~Haxorus~

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

I would actually not mind this as a canon connection. It satisfies the Gen1 fans that it is indeed connected, and they can keep formulating just what exactly happened (although I doubt the connection hunters would be satisfied with such vagueness.) Anyone new to Bionicle can study as little, or as much, as they want of Gen1, without it really impacting their enjoyment of the story.

There is one inconsistency here I've seen in many connection theories: why is Makuta named Makuta? The best I can come up with is something like 'he chose that name himself, because he identified, like Makuta of legend, as brilliant but underrated." Still, seems a bit strange.

I doubt they will connect the two generations, but if they do I hope for something like this. Well done.

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Transformers is a very common go to for suggesting a full reset of the story for each new reboot. We have the original G1 and all others are in part reboots of the original story...

However while there have been few in between I put forth the Beast Wars story as a reboot that later connected to the original story. I could even release the Animated story as well as while not directly connected to G1, in art style or even direct story(ret-con; plot holes; etc...) In the first few Episodes it talks about the great war and even goes as far as to show actual scenes from the G1 show itself.

So reboots don't have to be specifically "not a continuation" or even have no connections other than names passed down. They can just as easily retell the story in the far past (Beast Wars) or distant Future(Animated) while having call backs to the Original story. In Beast wars a G1 character(Starscream) Actually traveled through time and directly interacted with the characters there via Possessing another(Waspinator). A skill he used in G1 after the wrap of season 1 and the Unicron bout in the movie. Or you could have a character actually have been there.As in Animated where it is stated the character Ratchet is the same one from the G1 story.

Transformers has had many "reboots" over the years with very few being connected to past versions. I think the above is the only real example other than the Unicron trilogy where it was directly connected; with one airing right after the other had finished.

So did Lego follow this type of reboot allowing them to sooner or later connect the two via a wide expanse of time or other catalyst? I guess only TIME will tell. :P

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I would actually not mind this as a canon connection. It satisfies the Gen1 fans that it is indeed connected, and they can keep formulating just what exactly happened (although I doubt the connection hunters would be satisfied with such vagueness.) Anyone new to Bionicle can study as little, or as much, as they want of Gen1, without it really impacting their enjoyment of the story.

There is one inconsistency here I've seen in many connection theories: why is Makuta named Makuta? The best I can come up with is something like 'he chose that name himself, because he identified, like Makuta of legend, as brilliant but underrated." Still, seems a bit strange.

I doubt they will connect the two generations, but if they do I hope for something like this. Well done.

For the Makuta idea, it might be possible that the legends of the Brotherhood of Makuta were only good ones spread, since they initially were a fairly good organization; they created Rahi and populated the universe with them, so perhaps Gen2 Makuta wanted to spread his mask creations like the Makuta of days old did with their Rahi

BZPRPG:

Akamu, Toa of Ice :smilekohrak: :smilenuju: :smilekopakanu: :smilematoro: :akakunu: :kohrak: :matatu: :akaku: Talk to me about Destiny!

Ask me about stuttering and speech impediments!//Feel free to talk about Dungeons and Dragons with me!

So Gen2 Makuta created the Skull Spiders? Wow no wonder the Villagers prefer Ekimu's masks to Makuta's.

Onua.png

For the Makuta idea, it might be possible that the legends of the Brotherhood of Makuta were only good ones spread, since they initially were a fairly good organization; they created Rahi and populated the universe with them, so perhaps Gen2 Makuta wanted to spread his mask creations like the Makuta of days old did with their Rahi

I doubt it. They were known almost exclusively as bad when the story ended, why would only good legends circulate?

Wait... Perhaps The Final Five Makuta... The good ones.... Miserex Survived... so? PLOT TWIST!

I doubt it. They were known almost exclusively as bad when the story ended, why would only good legends circulate?

Well, if you think about it, Miserix was the one of the last surviving Makuta, and he was generally on the side of the OOMN, so perhaps he did enough good to garner the legends of their good deeds being spread. Plus, if I can recall, Krika spared Gali during the final conflict, so perhaps Gali thought that there was enough inherent good in the Brotherhood that she would insist good information being spread

Obviously the catalyst for the evil was Teridax, and with him eliminated the last few Makuta could start helping out more.

I don't know, just my thoughts on a possible connection :P

BZPRPG:

The following post accidently became long (sorry).

It seems likely that Makuta Miserix, or just the name "Makuta" itself, would last further into legend in G1 than the deceased Brotherhood's deeds.

Hence G2 Makuta's parents could have chosen his name just because they heard the name "Makuta" in a legend and it sounded good. (It could even be a positive legend, like one about the last Makuta Dragon who flies around protecting baby villagers on Spherus Magna. :P)

I do think the continuation idea works better if the Toa are the same characters as in G1. Explaining the G2 names as based on legends is one thing, but their almost identical personalities? We know from the animations that these are "timeless heroes" in G2, who also have total memory loss, so why bring in a new team?

Time has passed, so yeah, they got new armour at some point (it's even got gold on it - an upgrade usually used to show a high ranking Toa team - which they were after the reunification ;)) and they have been in canisters/comets for a long time so their memories decayed (like before their arrival on Mata Nui).

The Toa need not ever remember (so the story team therefore never need to mention) that they saved the universe from Teridax etc. so it could be as simple to new fans as if they were completely different characters.

Also re: the term "reboot"; that's what 2009 was sometimes referred to by the then story team. So the story team need not be lying when they say "reboot" now - that would be a reasonable description even if G2 is just a long way in the future of G1. :)

• Upvote 1
:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

It seems likely that Makuta Miserix, or just the name "Makuta" itself, would last further into legend in G1 than the deceased Brotherhood's deeds.

Hence G2 Makuta's parents could have chosen his name just because they heard the name "Makuta" in a legend and it sounded good. (It could even be a positive legend, like one about the last Makuta Dragon who flies around protecting baby villagers on Spherus Magna. :P)

I do think the continuation idea works better if the Toa are the same characters as in G1. Explaining the G2 names as based on legends is one thing, but their almost identical personalities? We know from the animations that these are "timeless heroes" in G2, who also have total memory loss, so why bring in a new team?

Time has passed, so yeah, they got new armour at some point (it's even got gold on it - an upgrade usually used to show a high ranking Toa team - which they were after the reunification ;)) and they have been in canisters/comets for a long time so their memories decayed (like before their arrival on Mata Nui).

The Toa need not ever remember (so the story team therefore never need to mention) that they saved the universe from Teridax etc. so it could be as simple to new fans as if they were completely different characters.

Also re: the term "reboot"; that's what 2009 was sometimes referred to by the then story team. So the story team need not be lying when they say "reboot" now - that would be a reasonable description even if G2 is just a long way in the future of G1. :)

Plus they were summoned in the literal Temple of Time, heavily insinuating that these characters traveled through time to reach their destination Edited by ~Haxorus~

BZPRPG:

In the end, I'm going with the best theory: Alternate Dimension 

• Upvote 1

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

In the end, I'm going with the best theory: Alternate Dimension 

Yes. It's an easy solution that's been done before many times. It also allows me to happily stick to my gen 1 universe and be ignorant of gen 2 IF it becomes too different...

Wait... Perhaps The Final Five Makuta... The good ones.... Miserex Survived... so? PLOT TWIST!

Miserix is the gen 2 Makuta?

I keep thinking Artakha is Ekimu because of their masks ... I might make them the same being for this past/future theory in my headcannon.

I'd like to think Makuta wasn't his name, but instead a used specifically when speaking of great villains, since the younglings the narrator was speaking to had no idea of it, he merely went with it to keep them shocked by it, like if somebody told a campfire story to a bunch of kids, about two friends, and called one antagonist, the children wouldn't know what antagonist meant, so they would just assume it to be a name,

Transformers is a very common go to for suggesting a full reset of the story for each new reboot. We have the original G1 and all others are in part reboots of the original story...

However while there have been few in between I put forth the Beast Wars story as a reboot that later connected to the original story. I could even release the Animated story as well as while not directly connected to G1, in art style or even direct story(ret-con; plot holes; etc...) In the first few Episodes it talks about the great war and even goes as far as to show actual scenes from the G1 show itself.

So reboots don't have to be specifically "not a continuation" or even have no connections other than names passed down. They can just as easily retell the story in the far past (Beast Wars) or distant Future(Animated) while having call backs to the Original story. In Beast wars a G1 character(Starscream) Actually traveled through time and directly interacted with the characters there via Possessing another(Waspinator). A skill he used in G1 after the wrap of season 1 and the Unicron bout in the movie. Or you could have a character actually have been there.As in Animated where it is stated the character Ratchet is the same one from the G1 story.

Transformers has had many "reboots" over the years with very few being connected to past versions. I think the above is the only real example other than the Unicron trilogy where it was directly connected; with one airing right after the other had finished.

So did Lego follow this type of reboot allowing them to sooner or later connect the two via a wide expanse of time or other catalyst? I guess only TIME will tell. :P

I guess I only quoted this because I really like transformers,

I'd rather think they're not the same,

I do really like this time idea. It'd be a really neat touch to know that the ruins of the beloved Gen 1 period is buried beneath this storyline.

Buuuuuuut, knowing what LEGO has done with other reboots of set lines (Rock Raiders, Space Police, Mars Mission, Johnny Thunder... You get the picture), the closest tie to Gen 1 that we will probably ever see is the idea that they've hinted at a few times in titles like LEGO Universe, LEGO Island 2, and The LEGO Movie. That idea is summed up pretty well in TLG as: all LEGO themes actually exist in the same universe at the same time; some are simply more separated from each other than others are.

So going off of that idea, the reboot would be something like another system within the Bionicle Galaxy. Much less exciting than time travel, I know, but it's honestly the best we can hope for. At least we can imagine that Okoto's planet could be another EP giant that Mata Nui visited at one point or other with the above theory.

Every hero is born from his enemy; every leader, his followers; and every father, his children.

My 3D printing designs on Thingiverse

They did do a direct sequel again, RID(15) is a direct continuation of Prime.

Anyways, I like this theory. So let's find some connections. Ekimu is probably Artahka, having taken on a new name as the language evolved. That would make Makuta Karzahni, who named himself after Teridax to better instill fear into the Protectors as the myths about Karzahni faded away, reducing his power to intimidate. The Protectors all have the same mask, which I theorize is because Ekimu overhauled Matoran Kanohi during that time, simplifying them to a standard, powerless design. Why waste disks, even low-powered ones, when you can mass-produce masks with already unpowered hunks of protodermis? And why differentiate them if they have no powers? In the past, that was in case the Matoran in question became a Toa, he or she would start off with a Great Mask and know what it did. But now, with the GSR in... less than prime condition, I theorize that, eons later in G2, Matoran stopped being destined to become Toa. That's why they all share a mask design. That's why the sets remain nameless. Because they can represent anybody, since they're no longer growing up to become heroes. Now, that leaves the question of what happened to the Agori. We have two kinds of villager at the end of G1, but only one at the start of G2. So, I think their evolution converged until they were the same "Protector" species, 50% organic, 50% inorganic. That would explain a lot about what we know about Protectors. They have a family, which would imply sexual reproduction, like Agori. But they wear masks and can modify themselves (Protecter of Earth even got a chest blaster) like Matoran. Perhaps, with some nudging by the Great Beings, the two species became one and the same, perhaps the reason behind to the lack of destined Toa. After all, Matoran were created in the image of Agori, so it wouldn't be too big of a leap to use newer and more advanced technology to rebuild Matoran with more organics (Perhaps a necessity if the Matoran factories they brought out of the MU stopped working) and then modify Agori to gain the advantages Matoran have, such as eating through hands and being able to rebuild oneself.

aouROFb.png

Agori already were able to modify themselves with implants, so that isn't necessarily a Matoran trait.

I think it would make more sense if the G2 villagers are just Agori descendants. Matoran don't reproduce so there isn't really a point at which they could easily "blend" into the Agori population (the species couldn't cross-breed, for example).

However, there could be a small handful of surviving Matoran secretly mixed into the mainly-Agori G2 villager population, meaning that there are a few individuals with the potential to become Toa in future storylines.

(That would also mirror G1 well, similarly to how Takua was one of a few Av-Matoran scattered throughout the Matoran population, and so was one of a few individuals with the potential to become a Toa of Light.)

:v: :m_o: :t: :u: :k: :m_o:

Anyways, I like this theory. So let's find some connections. Ekimu is probably Artahka, having taken on a new name as the language evolved. That would make Makuta Karzahni, who named himself after Teridax to better instill fear into the Protectors as the myths about Karzahni faded away, reducing his power to intimidate. The Protectors all have the same mask, which I theorize is because Ekimu overhauled Matoran Kanohi during that time, simplifying them to a standard, powerless design. Why waste disks, even low-powered ones, when you can mass-produce masks with already unpowered hunks of protodermis? And why differentiate them if they have no powers? In the past, that was in case the Matoran in question became a Toa, he or she would start off with a Great Mask and know what it did. But now, with the GSR in... less than prime condition, I theorize that, eons later in G2, Matoran stopped being destined to become Toa. That's why they all share a mask design. That's why the sets remain nameless. Because they can represent anybody, since they're no longer growing up to become heroes. Now, that leaves the question of what happened to the Agori. We have two kinds of villager at the end of G1, but only one at the start of G2. So, I think their evolution converged until they were the same "Protector" species, 50% organic, 50% inorganic. That would explain a lot about what we know about Protectors. They have a family, which would imply sexual reproduction, like Agori. But they wear masks and can modify themselves (Protecter of Earth even got a chest blaster) like Matoran. Perhaps, with some nudging by the Great Beings, the two species became one and the same, perhaps the reason behind to the lack of destined Toa. After all, Matoran were created in the image of Agori, so it wouldn't be too big of a leap to use newer and more advanced technology to rebuild Matoran with more organics (Perhaps a necessity if the Matoran factories they brought out of the MU stopped working) and then modify Agori to gain the advantages Matoran have, such as eating through hands and being able to rebuild oneself.

Agori already were able to modify themselves with implants, so that isn't necessarily a Matoran trait.

I think it would make more sense if the G2 villagers are just Agori descendants. Matoran don't reproduce so there isn't really a point at which they could easily "blend" into the Agori population (the species couldn't cross-breed, for example).

However, there could be a small handful of surviving Matoran secretly mixed into the mainly-Agori G2 villager population, meaning that there are a few individuals with the potential to become Toa in future storylines.

(That would also mirror G1 well, similarly to how Takua was one of a few Av-Matoran scattered throughout the Matoran population, and so was one of a few individuals with the potential to become a Toa of Light.)

Bothe of these are great theories, IMO,

To me, this wall of text is a textbook example of how the Bionicle fandom will go to any length to wrangle two independent stories into a unified canon. Convergent evolution! Characters renaming themselves for no good reason! Whatever it takes, so long as we can willfully ignore the fact that the new story is a reboot and has been confirmed as such in no uncertain terms! Maybe we ought to rename this forum to "Storyline and Conspiracy Theories"...

• Upvote 3

How do you explain the fact that they have strikingly similar masks to the Toa Mata?  Coincidence?

Yeah, coincidence works. It doesn't have to necessarily make logical sense - it's a fictional story, so there is room for direct symbolism if it enhances the point they are trying to make.

-NotS

It could also make sense to say that the protectors named them after the legendary heroes due to their physical resemblance to them,

Maybe we ought to rename this forum to "Storyline and Conspiracy Theories"...

A more accurate name would be "Storyline Preferences and Theoretical Hopes".

At least, at the moment. Previous labels have included "Stubborn Discussion of Dead Storyline and Unlikely Theories", "Storyline Canonization and Overly-Detailed Theories (that are Too Complicated for Kids and Parents to Get)" and the ever-popular "Home of Overly Complicated Storyline and Possibly Logical Theories (as long as they're mine - everyone else's are all WRONG)". 

I love this place. :D

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I do really like this time idea. It'd be a really neat touch to know that the ruins of the beloved Gen 1 period is buried beneath this storyline.

Buuuuuuut, knowing what LEGO has done with other reboots of set lines (Rock Raiders, Space Police, Mars Mission, Johnny Thunder... You get the picture), the closest tie to Gen 1 that we will probably ever see is the idea that they've hinted at a few times in titles like LEGO Universe, LEGO Island 2, and The LEGO Movie. That idea is summed up pretty well in TLG as: all LEGO themes actually exist in the same universe at the same time; some are simply more separated from each other than others are.

So going off of that idea, the reboot would be something like another system within the Bionicle Galaxy. Much less exciting than time travel, I know, but it's honestly the best we can hope for. At least we can imagine that Okoto's planet could be another EP giant that Mata Nui visited at one point or other with the above theory.

Everything told within the Lego movie was the kid's personal theory, little to none of it can be considered canon.

• Upvote 1

Everything told within the Lego movie was the kid's personal theory, little to none of it can be considered canon.

Well, specifically it's canon to The Lego Movie's universe. But that universe is independent of the stories of the actual themes depicted in it, like the vast majority of Lego crossovers. The events of Lego Universe are not canon to the Ninjago storyline, even though Ninjago characters appeared in Lego Universe. Even though characters based on the Fantasy Castle theme exist in The Adventures of Clutch Powers, the actual theme's "story" does not follow the same rules of that movie. The Lego Magazine comics tying Alien Conquest, Dino, Atlantis, and Pharaoh's Quest together do not necessarily guarantee that that ridiculous crossover is actually canon to the respective stories of those series. There is no single unifying Lego canon, and there probably never will be, because most themes are designed to stand on their own and most crossovers are crafted based on the specific needs of the story rather than the complications posed by previous canon.
  • Upvote 1

Maybe we ought to rename this forum to "Storyline and Conspiracy Theories"...

I've thought along those lines for years now. That would also have the benefit of making the word "Theories" in the name not be misused in the way it currently is.

Someone post the poll to make this happen!

~B~

Well, specifically it's canon to The Lego Movie's universe. But that universe is independent of the stories of the actual themes depicted in it, like the vast majority of Lego crossovers. The events of Lego Universe are not canon to the Ninjago storyline, even though Ninjago characters appeared in Lego Universe. Even though characters based on the Fantasy Castle theme exist in The Adventures of Clutch Powers, the actual theme's "story" does not follow the same rules of that movie. The Lego Magazine comics tying Alien Conquest, Dino, Atlantis, and Pharaoh's Quest together do not necessarily guarantee that that ridiculous crossover is actually canon to the respective stories of those series. There is no single unifying Lego canon, and there probably never will be, because most themes are designed to stand on their own and most crossovers are crafted based on the specific needs of the story rather than the complications posed by previous canon.

Though Ninjago has name dropped Clutch Powers before,

And one of the elemental masters is an Ultra Agents villain,

Edited by D5 Petewa

• 3 weeks later...

That wouldn't work, because in G1 there are only three planets, while G2 have 7 and the planet they are on is completely different from G1, they're not in Spherus Magna anymore. You would also be mixing up the Matoran and Agori because G1 Matoran can not reproduce.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

PLOT TWIST, PROTECTORS ARE THE ORIGINAL TOA MATA!

• Upvote 1

:smiletakua: :m_o: :w: :l: :e: :x: :a: :n: :m_d: :e: :r: :smiletol:

76561198067723583.pngAddFriend.png

|

"We are the Turaga of the new generation." ~Owlexander

YouTube - Imgur - Flickr - Bionicle RPG Chat